New Takara Transformers - Convoy, Megatron, More

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Type-R, Apr 11, 2007.

1. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Former Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ah, yes, good point, certainly. The full-body car mode paint work was also an added cost, but definately helped the looks.

2. Peacemaker

Peacemaker Well-Known Member

I suppose those Reissues are being re-released because of the movie. And perhaps the boxart does have a style which refers to the movie somehow? Just to appeal to the new fans?

3. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    fuck the secondary market. you buy toys to have toys. not to lord your expensive purchases over other people.

4. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Damn skippy.

5. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    These figures were released and sold out by the time I got back into collecting. Heck I did not know these existed until 2004 so I have missed out on a lot.

6. Eitheta

Eitheta Well-Known Member

I already got Megatron, Starscream and Soundwave, but now I can finally get the reissue Prime without costing me an arm and a leg.

I knew they'd reissue G1 toys around the time of the movie's release to cash in on nostalgia.

Sure, while they're re-reissues, hopefully they'll make a few more. Maybe I'll finally be able to get Blitzwing and the Insecticons for a decent price. And it's possible they'll release more toys that haven't already been reissued.

pleasebegrimlockpleasebegrimlockpleasebegrimlockpleasebegrimlock

7. evebird

evebird Waiting for Omega

I can't imagine these will be straight reissues of the TFC figures. Because there's a $30 price difference between this Megatron and the recent 06 reissue on BBTS.

My bet would be G1 reissues with new packaging, minus the collection "extras" (no mini-posters, no Megatron gun for Starscream, no mace for Megatron, etc.). Just my guess though. Could be wrong....

8. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    Wouldn't it be funny if these turn out to be G1 Reissues but with movie faces? :lol 

I don't know, but I'd die with glee at the irony of such an occurence.

-airfox

9. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    as I said I fully understand but u have to see both sides of the coin here. ppl who have recently dished out many $ for lets say a 00 Prime would now feel something in the line of " what a waste ". The secondary market will always be there and if an item is sold out then it is sold out. If u join the hobby late well Im sorry but that just unlucky. I know this seems selfish but I myself have hade to dish out some $ for e-hobby repaints that I missed ( Sunstorm is a perfect example). Todays toys and especially big areas SW, TF, Gi.joe etc etc. have some second market value of some items. This is the way it is , and just to reissue stuff because some ppl missed out well , that aint fiar to the ppl who bought them when they came out.

but as I said , this an objectiv perspektiv of the mather. Ifully understand both sides and their situation. ppl today only have a tendesy to see there own side.

By this I dont bash anyone here , Im just stating a point that I belive many here have. some will agree and some dont , Im always upp for a lively disscusion.

10. Hotspot17

Hotspot17 Search and Rescue: Vet

News Credits:
    Well, I hope this is a sign that they will continue the reissue line. Even though I'm very close of getting my G1 collection done.

11. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I understand what you are saying and I agree I have items that are gaining value. If these are not the Transformers collection I plan still plan on getting #9, #12, #00, & #16 of the series I will have to pay what ever the value of the figure at the time. It is hard to tell sometimes if that is what the value of the figure or because of e-bay it gets greatly inflated. With that said I don't mind paying for the Transformer but I feel the value is exaggerated or abused at times like some websites I have seen. I think a Re-reissue if that is what you want to call it helps the market value also. Yes, the value will drop but the demand rises to. Basically I don't know if I am agree or arguing with you but all I know is I don't want to spend $200+ on a Prime figure that was originally $60.

12. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    I see your point Trailbreaker77 and yes sometimes I belive ebay is the evil behind some prices skyrocketing. I for ones dont relaly care much if they rise in value or not I have the TFC as a backup if I someday later in life want to sell the vintage ones or something else( God forbid that thought will cross my mind). Would be fun if more could spread their comments on this mather. Im sure this could turn to a nice disscusion.

13. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Oh my god, I'd laugh for a WEEK if that happened. This and every other TF forum would absolutely melt down from the sheer level of hate being channeled through them.

14. Basketball Jones

Basketball Jones Decepticon

Soundwave has a movie face?

15. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    since these are cheaper figures than the TFC releases, I dont expect any resculpting to happen.

16. Master Sing

Master Sing G1 OG

If you want to get something for investment purposes, y'all should try bonds, IRA accounts, real estate or some thing of that nature.... Imagine telling your fellow socialites, "yes, and this is my e-hobby exclusive blah blah blah.... I got him for $89 and now he's worth $200!"

*everyone gasps*

... an aroura of impentrable arrogance radiates from your being, as you know it is you and you only who is the investment guru.. bwhahahahhahahahha!

Takara doesn't make any money from the secondary market (aside from the fact of using the value of items on such a market to intice fans to buy re-reissues from them at a lesser price) .. so it makes perfect sense for them to start over with the reissues now that the movie is comming out.. Now they stand to sell a shitload of reissues and I myself will most def be getting them... yeah I got the Takara Megs and still not mad at all...

17. Runamuck

Runamuck Sushi

News Credits:
    I want Convoy...that's all. I hope this new packaging is as good as the book-style reissues.

18. The Spider

The Spider Well-Known Member

If Blackout was originally going to be Soundwave, then they could do that.

19. Basketball Jones

Basketball Jones Decepticon

That's a bit of a stretch, isn't it?

20. The Spider

The Spider Well-Known Member

Yeah, probably.