New Takara Legends online manga - Chapter 52

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Markdelg, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    I really want a metrotitan. He’s my favourite Titan and doesn’t get enough love. Heck idw didn’t even colour him like metrotitan. He deserves it. Speaking of micromasters, how about battle Gaia as well?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    I can agree. Money is a big factor when considering a $300 big boy. Some variety is good though. Plus the Decepticons are really short compared to the Autobots. Like they need a big strong redeco or a huge scorponok.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    The Autobot Targetmasters, Brave Maximus, Metrotitan and Gigastorm.
    Come on Takara. It's time to use all of that MP money you made lately to give us some easy redecoes and retools.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Oh and I mustn’t forget the black Zarak from twinferno.

5. Toolala

Toolala Breast Master

Gigastorm? where? I saw Trypticon. unless i missed something

6. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Well I was thinking you could have him be done in toon colours so in black and then you could switch out parts with trypticon if you want.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    He's not in the manga I think, but he's another easy redeco.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Meh. I hope they'll do him once we get a titan Scorponok.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Oh of course. But it was a clever design and homage to his devil Z hydra mode.

• Like Like x 1
  10. prfctcellrulz

prfctcellrulz Pokémon Trainer/WWE Champion

News Credits:
    Who do I have to whack to get Titan-Class RID2000 Fort Max?!

That’s my favorite color scheme out of the original figure so I would do ANYTHING to have that one for the current Fort Max!

• Like Like x 4
  11. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    Pointblank and Crosshairs would be interesting that way. Sureshot not so much.

These could be a future Taktom mall exclusive, but tbh, while crosshairs is perfect on the Kup mold and they can use the Orion/Hasbor Kup for it to differentiate the figures, Sureshot and Pointblank might need new figures. Pointblank's not that bad as a Hot Rod recolor though. Sureshot needs something better that's more like his classic figure.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Yeah. Out of all the figures I would think to do sureshot from full-tilt was not one. Pointblank as mentioned could be done from the punch figure. And even crosshairs could be done from the new ironhide. You know I think they could make a sureshot from or also make into a joyride figure. That could also be done as ranger. Seems like a good idea.

13. Toolala

Toolala Breast Master

he would be an easy redeco, and also my favorite character in the franchise.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    pointblank from hotrod is dumb when counterpunch works so much better

• Like Like x 4
  15. Avon

Avon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hmm, are the legends comics the wacky Japanese equivalent of Tom scioli’s tf vs G.I. Joe? Similar sense of play, similar left field interpretations, similar use of toy features for story elements...?

Im reaching, but it occurred to me as I looked over this one. 

• Like Like x 1
  16. Deadend

News Credits:
    The alt mode is the main issue for Pointblank. Hot Rod is the closest with the rear spoiler. But the bot mode needs a torso more like Counterpunch/Sunstreaker with shoulders like Counterpunch. Punch/Counterpunch works, but it'd need massive leg retooling for the hot rod like spoiler and the TR gimmick added back in. He might be better as a full new mold. And then they can get Cybertron Overdrive/Nitro Convoy out of that too.

Crosshairs is better from Hasbro Kup though. They already have the new tooling for that with how they used different arms for their Kup. Plus Siege Ironhide is already the basis of too many potential mold re-uses. So Kup works better for Crosshairs since in Japan he had no mold re-usage.

Sureshot might need a new mold. But it would be best to keep them TR styled. The other target masters released in Japan were all TR styled, same to the ones released stateside except for Scoops. It might be possible to use a new Sureshot mold for a Rescue Bots academy Hotshot or Road Caesar. Actually scratch that. Save Road Caesar for a Rescue Bots Hotshot retool, but do Sureshot for a new mold to do Energon Cliffjumper/Beach Comber from it. Or maybe even Energon Prowl. Those areas are better for Sureshot as retools. (Though tbh, if they use the basic G1 style and do the figure like the clones and Scoops in that way, he could get by with being a one off TR figure, and then they can Road Caesar for all those retools instead. Including maybe a cybertronian Car Brother trio from RID2001.)

Doing Sureshot more like scoops though where it's a straight up re-do of the original with then a TR driver seat that slides with the the upper torso might be the best. It'd be the simplest amount of engineering, similar transformation as his G1 version, and the mold could then enter in the 'potential re-use' area like TR Kup is. Plus it'd make use of all that empty space in the back with the TR driver seat and opening canopy top. Technically, it'd be a good POTP figure too with how the Deluxe figure would have an opening torso where a Prime master in matrix mode can store too. With how the canopy/driver seat slides down, that'd be pretty cool. Then retools would only need to retool that spoiler/head cover piece the original had as a back pack to evoke other car styles.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Neko-bot77

Neko-bot77 Face it, we're doomed.

News Credits:
    OMG new Legends chapters!!! *SQUEEE!* I LOVE these things!!! Now to wait for the TFWIKI translation...

For everyone complaining about the mold reuse:
    -we don't know IF physical toys are even being made
    -the "brand unification" is probably putting SEVERE pressure on TT to NOT develop new molds

• Like Like x 4
  18. Deadend

News Credits:
    Mold re-use is common for the comic.
    Brand unification only means we're likely to see the mold stateside or have Hasbro work it in somehow to help both sides.
    TakTom can still do new molds for TakTom Mall exclusives, which are more likely to be deluxe class or smaller if they did a full new mold.

For Hasbro to work it into a toyline though, and really takara too, a new mold would have to have features that make it warrant it as well as has retool potential/recolor potential to maximize the ability and profitability of doing it. I wouldn't count these out as future new molds/re-usages though either. Neither Taktom nor Hasbro were ones to ever skip out on making a quick buck of something that'll sell. That's really the only thing keeping us from Metrotitan/Fort Max recolors. The low numbers of units moved. Especially for TakTom mall exclusives where TakTom feels the hit of it more.

19. Jtprime17

Jtprime17 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What do I have to do to get the target masters that car robots brave max and hydra mode black zarak now I’m sad :( 

• Like Like x 2
  20. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    I feel you brother.

• Like Like x 2