New SWTF products listed

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Dinobot Nuva, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Via BBTS: Star Wars 2012 Star Wars Toys, Action Figures, and Collectibles

Two new items in the small scale and what looks like re-releases of older figures in the new 2012 packaging.

Class 1-
    -Retool Episode 2 Starfighter/Anakin
    -Retool Clone Wars Y-Wing/Anakin
    -Repack? Episode 3 Starfighter/Obi Wan

Class 2- (all repacks)
    -Battle Droid/AAT (Episode 1 tan color)
    -Darth Maul/Sith Infiltrator
    -Darth Vader/Tie Interceptor (original colors)

Class 3- (again just a repack)
    -Darth Vader/Anakin quad changer

The tan Battle Droid and Darth Maul are most likely getting reissued to help tie in to the 3D release of The Phantom Menace this year.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2012
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    The Sith Interceptor etc has been out since last year and so have the things like the small scale Anakin Y-wing. read planty of sightings for them especially in TRU I read lots of people went looking for Prime toys late last year and came home with one of these instead.

They sort of snuck out out with little notice some time ago There's plenty of sightings for them - Heck they are even out in the UK as well and they almost never get anything quickly..

and incidentally the small Anakin-Episode 3 Starfighter was the the 1st version of that mould to be created it was just not released first.

I wonder what has happened to the Sith Interceptor small scale - Unless it snuck out too as far as I know it's not been released yet.

Oh and I'm sick to death of that Tie Fighter Vader clogging up shelves it was only reissued earlier last year It's been out far to often.

I wish they'd leave the Yellow dot of the droid repack at least then it would be a lower ranking one and they'd actually make a different character simply by leaving one paint application off the toy.

I hope they reissue something hard to get like the V-19, Yoda, The Republic Fighter Tank, the V-Wing or the Jungle At A for those who missed them.

3. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The TIE Interceptor is new unless they mean Vader's TIE.

4. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think it'd be great if they actually made new molds for this line, instead of just redecoing/retooling/reissuing old ones. It still boggles my mind that they've never made Luke's Tatooine Landspeeder, or Anakin's Podracer (though I guess that one might be a bit hard to do).

Not that anyone on the Hasbro panel would know, but somebody ought to bring this up at Botcon.

5. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah the new class 1 wave is out here, I don't pay attention to anything bigger

6. Blot

Blot The most disgusting of all Transformers.

News Credits:
    Awesome, I was hoping for a Darth Maul re-release!

7. Vexxet

Vexxet Autocon

on a side note, the Darth Vader Star Destroyer (Leader/Voyager size) at Wal Mart has been marked down to 19.90$

8. Starwave

Starwave Herald of Unicron

How do these crossover lines even last? I never see anyone buy these..... I've only bought one, and it sucked. The vehicle modes are great representations of actual Star Wars vehicles, but the robot modes are awful.

9. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I think Dinobot Nuva means a reissue of Tie Advanced X-1 Starfighter rather than Tie Intercepter.

Star Wars Transformers will before to much longer be a longer running toyline than the Original 1980's G1 line so they must be doing something right.

I think Star Wars Transformers have some design issues with those funny hex joints not working very well.

And there are some Robot modes that are perfectly fine The Captain Rex Freeco speeder for example might be a boring vehicle of no consequence but it's a perfectly fine action figure with no really flaws to it.

Oh and I buy them all and will continue to do so - I do however usually only buy them when they are a bit cheaper than retail I'm not quite so daft to pay the new retail price after the price hike. They are the only Star Wars toys I do typically buy.

The ones I like best are the Turbo Tank, V-wing the V-19 Vigilance and the Episode 2 Jedi Starfighters, The Snow speeder, the Y-wings The Tie Bomber and the Droid Tanks..

If the one you bought was a Darth Vader or a Episode 3 Jedi I can see why it would put you off they are pretty awful. and some are just average like the Gunships, the ATAT, ATTE, The X-wing, or the Imperial Shuttle.

Some where between good and average you have The Tie advanced, The sith Interceptor, The freeco Speeder, darth Maul, The grevious toys The Millenium falcon, the quad changer vader & The fetts.

I do not have them all yet though still need to get a republic fighter tank, Yoda, an attack Cruiser, the Twilight etc...

It is a bit off putting that they make so many figures of Anakin when Anakin is a bit of a di*k and not someone I actually want lots of figures off.

Not all of them fall apart the Grevious Starfighter is pretty solid.

10. tfprime32

tfprime32 Banned

News Credits:
    i hate this line ! why cant they do a actal online serries or someting???

i dont even buy the line! it is pointless uless they have acomicbook or tv show/movie

11. TornadoQuakeX

TornadoQuakeX Decepti-Creep

I was just thinking about the Episode 1 AAT, and how I don't have it. Glad they are re-releasing it. The robot mode is kinda terrible though ( I have the original blue colored one), but just the novelty of an amazing AAT mode turning into a battle droid is cool, imo.

Kinda bummed there's nothing NEW coming out though. Still waiting for more TIE starfighter, B-Wing, and A-Wing molds to be made.

12. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd also like to see a Jawa Sandcrawler, an AT-ST, and that speeder Anakin and Obi-Wan were tooling around in in Episode II. Or what about Zam Wesell's speeder? There are still lots of vehicles in Star Wars they haven't done yet.

Do you think any new molds will be done at the Class I scale, and the Deluxe-sized stuff is pretty much over except for redecoes and reissues?

13. billcosby

billcosby Just Another Geewunner

News Credits:
    I can't understand it. I love Transformers. I love Star Wars. But these things give me the willies. What gives?

14. MoonStreakr

MoonStreakr Heroic Decepticon

News Credits:
    I found all of these at Walmart but I couldn't pull the trigger on them

15. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I haven't been caring about these at all, but if the Episode II Jedi Starfighter Anakin retool turns out to be the Azure Angel, I might just have to get it. I love that ship.

Edit: Never mind, it's one of the crappy looking small ones. It probably won't be the Azure Angel anyway.

16. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    There is a Blue sunburst pattern one but it's not that design it's a normal Delta that turns into Plo Koon. But since mace Windu also used a simailr ship I think they should reissue it with a new Droid and new head/hands and maybe with silver instead of white.
    That would be better than a straight repaint.

There's a huge long list of really obvious vehicles not yet done even moulds they have already made have not been done in some of their common colours (like the Turbo tank).

There's also that they have yet to do a beast one either such as a Dewback or a Bantha or one of the cannon fodder animals in Episodes 2.

And for some odd reason they have produced the second colour of Obi wan's Episode III Starfighter in the wrong colour it looks so much better in Star Wars toy form in mid teal blue and white than the blue/dark grey colour they di for the Star Wars Transformer repaint version ... very odd why the colour is so very wrong.

Perhaps they will make a larger scale green delta too since they have now done a smaller one.

I hope they have been working on some original Trilogy vehicles to coincide or soon follow with the 3D launch.

They need to do a B-wing and an A-wing etc..

17. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Even though I have them, they should reissue the Wheel Bike and the Slave-1's.

I miss the pilot figures the most from this line because that's what all the robot modes are built around, the cockpits. We were supposed to imagine the pilots controlling these things like giant mechs. The cockpit=torso theme did restrict better approaches towards transformation and robot modes, but they've still stuck with cockpit=torso since the beginning so why cut the pilots?

18. amethysted

amethysted Well-Known Member

Wow. Realy?

These toys are terrible...

I love Star Wars. And I love TFs. But this line needs to die.

Cant Hasbro put thier funds into new Prime figures???

Thanks for the news. But I'll pass...

19. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Star Wars Transformers have minimal effect on what other Transformers they do as it's a Hasbro focused Product that is handled by the Star Wars Department.

You are better off wishing they stop making things of a manner like Movie 3 Activators that do take away from Transformers Department resources.. and offer very little to the brand overall.

And as Snippy as people can be about these I think something like a Clone Wars era Y-wing is a perfectly fine Transforming toy -and the new tiny one is arguably even cooler still.

20. Ravage101

Ravage101 Well-Known Member

I had a couple of these toys...the Sith Infiltrator/emperor and Obi Wan/jedi fighter EP3 when they first came out wow about 6 years ago! The Sith toy broke first. But sadly the Obi Wan broke 2 months ago...the idea of having an "alternators" like quality in the vehicles was great and the bots were Okay, but the build quality was really bad.

I love Star Wars and obviously I love Transformers but the 2 together are a match made in "Bizarro Land".