New SW TFs at Celebration IV

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by payres, May 25, 2007.

1. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The Blockade Runner should be Leia, anyway. That cockpit is just BEGGING to transform into some hair buns.

Actually, he's been rumored to be the first reuse of the Saesee Tiin/EpII Starfighter mold for quite a while.

I hope not. I don't think there's ever been any media in which he flew a Jedi Starfighter. Plus, he'd be too big.

His escape pod from RotS would probably work, but it's a pretty boring ship. Maybe we'll get an R2 and Yoda SWTF 2-pack, with both as their respective escape pods....

2. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    Death Star Vader "robot" mode FTL.

decent DS mode though...

3. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    what if it was an R2D2 that transformed into Yoda, since they argued in the Empire Strikes Back?

4. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

I challenge opinions. However, I've found it's pointless to challenge the opinionated. Especially those who are belligerent about it. All it does is allows them to become online martyrs and blow about how they got shot down by the unholy hordes to anyone who'll listen. And while I'd much rather see you just ignored, I'm happy to give you this little bit of attention so you understand precisely why your original post was ignored.

OK. That's it. *THROWS DOWN GAUNTLET*

No one can deny that Death Star Vader's bot mode is twenty-three thousand times the bot that Darth Vader Tie Fighter's bot mode is.

Yikes. That'd be. . .

Actually, I'd like to see that. Fan's would be throwing themselves off of buildings over it. It'd be awesome.

5. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    And then we'll have Admiral Ackbar turn into that Calamari ship from Return of the Jedi

6. Godconvoy

Godconvoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have seen new packaging for all of the Star Wars toys. They seem to be cutting down on the amount used for either space on shelfs and/or money used on materials.

7. Godconvoy

News Credits:
    Well isn't it about that much bigger? Hey wouldn't it be cool if all of those stormtroopers transformed too?

8. Godconvoy

News Credits:
    Oh yeah, hair bunnage! So what transforms into Steel Bikini Leia?

9. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I was thinking the exact same thing.

*goes off to ignore list to add newest board troll*

10. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hrm. I'd guess one of the desert skiffs or the Sail Barge. The sails would be a natural to turn into her bikini's loincloth. :) 

11. Rastaban

Rastaban Member

Repacked but also repainted minifigures

Hey, I'll admit...... I really like this line. Honestly.

Even love the star wars vehicles as I don't collect star wars but the vehicle designs are great. I am all up for a two/three pack stormtroopers who together transform in a stardestroyer.

I was wondering whether the new Obi-Wan/Jedifighter and LukeSkywalker/Xwing repacked 30th issue figures have a better painted minifigure. Both of the initial release are fugly.... I collect them MISB and if the paint on the minifigures improved then I am up for a second purchase. (really my Obiwan currently has a bloated head)

But seeing where I live (latvia) the only way to get the new packages are through ebay. Has anybody seen them in person?

Also I do not know whether it has been noticed before but this line has many similarties with the original G1, great vehicle modes, individual figures are packaged in vehicle modes. But if you take a moment the similarities do not end there. just look:

- G1 had 6 seekers , SWTF have 6 jedistarfighter
    the seekers were colored grey/purple+black/blue/blue+copper/white/red and a nonshow exclusive in yellow
    the jedistarfighters are colored grey/purple/black/red/yellow/blue (upcoming doublepack) ..... all we need is a white version and we are complete;
    - G1 megatron had a trigger groin --- SWTF boba fetts have a similar beergroin;
    - G1 soundwave has a opening chest .... SWTF Darth Maul has a opening chest several others as well;
    - G1 seekers did not transform but were assembled.... SWTF Dark Vader and Emperor palpatine are also assembled;
    - Reflector 3 bots 1 alternate mode ---- SWTF millenium falcon 2 bots 1 alternate mode;
    - G1 had a lot of repaints, Sideswipe/Red alert --- SWTF has an equal amount of repaints such as the clone ARC fighters;
    - G1 leader Optimus prime had some flaws with his hands, (fists were attachments) and my optimus always fall over --- Luke Skywalker has fugly arms and always falls over.

Funny sidenote we always want repaints of the seekers with the latest lines (Armada/Classics/Masterpiece) and complain when they become botcon exclusives (to expensive) or are painted in a different color (Masterpiece Starscream) and now we get six repaints in the exact colors and we are not even satisfied. Headmolds aside... neither dirge/ramjet conehead was anything like the cartoon.

12. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    You could also have a battle tank turn into a Super battle droid

13. Grimlocka go-go

Grimlocka go-go Back from the Dead TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    haha luke fall down go boom,
    Tank looks cool, really liking the Death Star, glad they didn't just repaint primus.
    When we gonna se a Star Destroyer?

14. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    Hadn't seen Cody's bot mode. Looks awesome!

So does the Snowspeeder Luke. And DS Vader is pure love ... can't wait to get him to stand next to Primus, Unicron and Galactus.

These new SWTFs are looking better and better, and I already liked the line.

-airfox

15. decepticon665

decepticon665 the amazing bored-man!

apologies to all

i am honestly sorry to have come off as "belligerent".
    seriously,though,is there any logic to these other than,"hey,cool!"
    jar-jar did sully my view of SW,hell,i still like the originals.
    just wondering,once again-in all seriousness,all animosity aside,what this has to do with TF or SW,other than "hey,cool!"
    also,i did not exactly mean to insult my fellow fans-at least not in my original post.
    this is america,i have my opinion and i aimply said why.
    i will not only not deny any one thiers,i stand by the american ideal:i may not agree with ur opinion,but would fight to defend ur right to it.
    if i really meant to cheez anyone off, i'd have used real swears,instead of the cybertronian ones i used.
    any one who blacklists me for this, however,kind of comes off as unable to accept
    someone else's view...
    if u want these i will not argue (any more),but they are clearly not for me.

16. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I happen to like the line quite a bit. Just got the latest three in today from HTS (<$29, including shipping!). I'm sooooooooo looking forward to Death Star Vader. The other new molds look good, too. The two pack is testing my completionist nature towards the line, but I'll probably pick it up anyway. For some reason, I like the Jedi Starfighter mold.

-Tony!

17. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Am I the only one who thinks they made the box WAY too big on that two-pack? There's far too much empty space there surrounding the figures and it just makes the toys themselves look small. I like the redeco on Vader for this, but I'm not rebuying that figure and another Jedi Starfighter.

As for the other toys, I don't care much for Star Wars at the best of times, but "Commander Cody" is far too obscure a character for me to be interested in and I already have a Luke Skywalker figure from this line, so the Snowspeeder is out too. I might get the AT-AT, depending on the robot mode appearance. That said, I'm really excited about Vadercron; it looks good for a TF in general and excellent for what's come out of this line so far.

18. manyoufactsure

manyoufactsure Maximal TFW2005 Supporter

That Snowspeeder is gonna make an awesome Cosmos. I still hope they make the classics design into a Titanium but I will, at least, make an attempt to make the snowspeeder into cosmos, too.

19. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

If people are worried about Yoda's alt mode I'd hate to see what happens if they ever decide Jaba the Hut needs his own transforming mech.

20. decepticon665

decepticon665 the amazing bored-man!

thanx

to nightflame,deathblade and anyone else i missed in here:
    i was being an ass there.thanx for calling me on it.

i doubt my opinion will change,but...(drumroll,please)...freedom is the right of all sentient beings.:eek: