New Super Mario Bros.

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Rokkit 2.0, May 5, 2006.

1. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Got it last night, wasn’t able to play much, just a couple of levels but so far it’s cool. Best looking 2d Mario ever.

Play as Luigi in single player mode
    At the "select a file" screen, keep pressed L and R buttons and choose one of your saved game files with the A button.
    Now you'll play in the game as Luigi instead of Mario!

2. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    BEST MARIO GAME EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

w0000 I only played a few levels today, up to baby bowser and man, its great :D  you don't have to touch the touchy pad thank god it plays awesome, controls awesome, lots of cool moves and power ups, im sure there's billions of secrets, extra stuff to discover in the game, its just loaded with awesomeness.

$34 bucks well spent :D 

3. wolfnfox

wolfnfox Well-Known Member

Great game.

Just shows how something that appears simple can be so much fun.

Plus you are going to spend a lot of time searching for alternate routes and hidden levels.

4. Nerd Bomber

Nerd Bomber Consulting your needs

I just beat the game tonight. Took the World 1->World 2 ->World 5->World 8 route. Going to go back and beat the rest of the levels though.

5. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    So far, so good. I love it. This has been the Mario game I've been wanting for a long time. Only one thing scares me... I'm still in World 1, is there any levels that are like pretty much the second half of World 5 in Mario Bro. 3? I.E. lots and lots of air, very little ground? I hate those levels but in 3 I could use a P-Wing. Stages like in the original Mario, where you have to do a lot of jumping is fine, I just hate the "make one slight move and you fall off" sort of deals.

6. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

World 1 ->5 -> 8 is quicker...

7. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    how do you get to the canon in world 1? I think I got everything else in the first world, except the canon

8. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

You have to use the Blue turtle shell in the Fortress, in the room with the shifting blocks and Star Coin, go through the open space in the upper right corner and use the shell to break the blocks.

9. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    thanks, I'll give that a try :) 

10. Liokaiser_bf

Liokaiser_bf Kaiju-bot

Good gift idea then. Me I'll get my own copy when I get a DS Lite (yeah I have a few other games lined up too so none of that one talk)

11. SpazmasterX

SpazmasterX Well-Known Member

well, it took me three days but i've beaten almost every area completely up to World 8 (3 days because I can only play a couple hours a day). This is a great game and totally worth the money I spent.

12. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Gonna pick it up later tonight, been waiting for months!
    Yay it's a finally here. 2d Mario rawks.

Just bought Soul Blazer for the SNES just in case Wii does'nt have it. Hoping for Guardian Legend & Kid Icarus

13. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Any chance of Nintendo making an adaptor to play this game on the Gamecube? I really don't wanna buy a DS for just one game.

14. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Slim to none. There are plenty of other games worth having on the DS though.

15. RiceCrackaSTI

RiceCrackaSTI Well-Known Member

New Super Mario Bros. is the best so far, Metroid and Mario Kart DS are worth it alone for the WiFi, Advance Wars DS if you like turn based military games. All are worthy purchases easy, and if you don't like paying full price, trade in some of your older games.

Yeah I copied and pasted that from another thread, the one below this one actually at the moment. I'm being lazy. Wait for a DS Lite and get that when it comes out soon, or better yet, wait for the DS Lite and get the regular DS at a reduced price.

16. Nightscream

Nightscream JP TF Master Collector

Ebay:
    Don't forget Kirby's Canvas Curse, Mario & Luigi and Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow. The DS library is bursting at the seams with A+ titles.

17. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Some of the upcoming titles show an afwul lot of promise too. Don't forget that Star Fox and Yoshi's Island 2 are on the way.

18. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

Ooooo; all this talk, I've just gotta get this game, seriously though if I brought in a few games to EB Games do you think I could get it on trade alone? I tried bringing in a GB Color game once and they said it was only worth 5$ I don't want to give up fifteen of my good games with a few mediocre ones thrown in just to get this puppy... I'd use cash, but alas I don't have any at the moment for videogames.

19. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    wahoo, I think I got everything on world 1 :) 

I got world 1 2 3 and 5 unlocked now, but I can't even get half the coins in 2 and 3, andI can't beat some of the levels in world 3.. I suck :( 

20. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

Welp; I got more then I bargained for with my trade ins, so now I not only have New Super Mario Bros., but also it's players guide and Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga for the GBA... All in all I'd say I'm pretty happy; can't wait to get started on NSMB, I think I will... RIGHT NOW! :thumb  :D