New Species and Job

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Devastator001, May 9, 2007.

1. Devastator001

Devastator001 Prepare for Devastation TFW2005 Supporter

I thought I'd drop in to what's been happening since I moved back to Wisconsin. Since I moved back, I've been busy working on a long over due project. I found a new species of beetle in Pennsylvnaia and Ohio some years ago. I am working with a colleague in Helsinki Finland, describing a new beetle. I plan to name the beetle in memory of my grandmother who passed away in 1998.

I finally found a job. It is a rather shitty job, working on barn fly control. I can get quite slippery if I slip on those patties on the floor. Even after I shower and change clothes, I still smell. I hope to find something else soon, but at least it's a start.

Our family cat Blu has passed away yeterday. He's been in the family for 14 years. It's tough losing a pet who has brought a lot of good memories. There will be no other cat like Blu. May he rest in piece.

2. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Aw, sorry to hear Blu passed away. I always liked seeing him in your sig.

3. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

Things happen for a reason, you will have good days to come.

4. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    cool a...a....a.....that big word to describe bug expert!

you must be a the far side fan :D 

5. Devastator001

Devastator001 Prepare for Devastation TFW2005 Supporter

I love The Far Side. It's been my most favorite cartoon for a long time.

The critter I am describing opens up a whole new experience I never had before. Being an entomologist, I thrive to work "outside the box" from time to time. I hope this is not the last time I get that opportunity to describe a new bug in the name of science.

I was hoping finding and describing a new species would outweigh all the shit that has happened in my life. That doesn't seem to be the case. It plays a part of a new role I will have, living in Wisconsin. Someday, something good will come by that will make my life a little easier to bear. I just gotta have faith.

Thank you. I am still going to keep that sig up there for awhile. I may modify it after I get hooked up on high speed internet. In the meantime, I plan to put together a collection of pictures together to hang on a wall as a memorial. I have quite a few pictures of Blu in his antics he's caused over many years. I think my family will be happy with it.