New small TFs that are G1 throwbacks

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Cornholiocon, Nov 10, 2010.

1. Cornholiocon

Cornholiocon Up the irons!

New TFs that are G1 throwbacks

While I only collect/have interest in G1 TFs, I was recently in Target and saw the scout class (I think--smallest size TFs for about $5) Sandstorm. I was surprised at how much he looks like G1 Beachcomber and I bought him on a whim. His simple transformation and vehicle mode really reminded me of the mini-bots from the G1 days and I really dig him.
    Are there any other small contemporary TFs that are like Sandstorm that are throwbacks to their G1 counterparts?
    Thanks much for the input.

2. Cornholiocon

While I only collect/have interest in G1 TFs, I was recently in Target and saw the scout class (I think--smallest size TFs for about $5) Sandstorm. I was surprised at how much he looks like G1 Beachcomber and I bought him on a whim. His simple transformation and vehicle mode really reminded me of the mini-bots from the G1 days and I really dig him.
    Are there any other small contemporary TFs that are like Sandstorm that are throwbacks to their G1 counterparts?
    Thanks much for the input.

3. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

The reason why he looks like Beachcomber is because he's a repaint of Beachcomber.

Also, why did you make two threads with different titles that discuss the same thing?

4. Cornholiocon

Like I said, I'm only familiar with G1 and don't follow contemporary TFs. I'm assuming from your reply that they made a modern update of Beachcomber.

5. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, you want to google or wiki "Legends class." The Universe ones, a couple recent ones like Sandstorm (redeco of Legends Beachcomber) and Tracker Hound (redeco of Hound), and an upcoming wave of OP, Megatron (gun alt mode), Gold Bumblebee (redeco of Bumblebee as Goldbug reference), Prowl, Trailbreaker (as "Trailcutter), and Starscream, all done in a very G1 kind of style.

6. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2010
  7. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
  8. Cornholiocon

Far out.
    Thanks for all the info, guys.

9. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    cosmos, warpath, wheelie, bumblebee, brawn, beachcomber, and cliffjumper were all done in legends