New siege amazon listings

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jtprime17, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Paxtin

Paxtin Relatively-Tolerated Member

Yeah, that's why I put the question mark, I honestly couldn't remember if that was ever confirmed or not. Xp I've so checked out when it comes to the movie junk.

Seems odd that Hasbro would potentially put out two competing Deluxe figures of one character. Usually not their style...Ya know, unless it's Bumblebee or Prime.

2. Weebot the Robot

Weebot the Robot Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    If Barricade is a deluxe, then he better turn into a police car. I\'m surprised he is not a Micromaster. I would love to see Bayverse Barricade figure in a Generations/G1 style. Both him and Blackout.

3. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

Unicron trilogy Energon Barricade out of Ironhide/Ratchet with some police vehicle cues as Cybertronian SWAT.

• Like Like x 4
  4. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's really unlikely they would make the Race Car Patrol Barricade in a toyline that has actual Micromasters and NOT make him that size...

• Like Like x 4
  5. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT

News Credits:
    Interesting that the only obvious repaint in the line seems to be Red Alert. Barricade is probably Prowl reskinned, Impactor could be heavy retool, but the others are likely all new molds.

6. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Still not looking forward to having to buy 6 Reflectors. If Barricade is a movieverse into classicverse, it will probably be a pass for me. Gonna be a little picky with some of these cybertron things.

7. Kafei

Kafei Fan of the robots

Exactly, for Barricade it's between that or just a micromaster, also maybe prowl will turn into a not too cybertronian police car.
    Also finally a regular release of Impactor.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
  8. weevil

weevil Well-Known Member

I guess Barricade\'s mold will be prowl or mirage?

9. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    naw, mate! Wreck'n'rule!!!! (Imma put wrecker emblems on mine)
    And now i might be getting brunt to armor impactor up a bit.... darn it.

10. Digger

Digger ごはん は おかず

Micromaster barricade. We haven’t got any other decepticon micromasters. They wouldn’t do that classics/movie look.

11. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Given that Mirage/Impactor were fan voted like half a year ago or longer, I am sure they are their own molds.

Barricade is likely going to be based on the movie guy. He was put in the G1 universe in IDW comics and even in that cancelled Chinese fighting game too.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT

News Credits:
    Yeah, going from that and his recent evergreen/Cyberverse/whatever look, I think he will look a lot like Prowl. I would have preferred something with a few more movie cues, but I am fine with this for now. Would like to see other significant new characters from various franchises added to the classics lineup (like we got Lugnut in RTS).

13. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    It's a nod back to G1 toon where the Decepticons were the military before they tried to take over. Prior to the war, Decepticons were created as a military force with some changing occupations to under it like Starscream and his seekers that were formerly science scout recon(which we learn in Skyfire's episode). The Wreckers in WFC are a military unit, so Mirage is going to try to convince Impactor(and by association, his unit/Squad) to defect to the autobots. War Dawn briefly mentions this when Orion and Dion are talking about Megatron. "New military robots that can fly." Implied as flying while as a robot not a vehicle. It was only rumor that the Decepticon military had gone rogue and were attacking, which then as the episode plays out, Orion, Ariel, and Dion learn it's more than rumor.

So Impactor would have been a Decepticon when he was only cybertronian military before Megatron's uprising. So he'd likely carry over to still being a Decepticon until convinced that the Decepticons are no longer a cybertronian military and are an occupying force usurping the military. But then we're talking early days of the war. Before the full breakout of the Autobot vs Decepticon Great war. In Aligned, we see hues of this too where many were on Megatron's side as he rallied people to his cause before they realized what he was going to do to achieve it. But Aligned is more based on Miner/Gladiator Megatron. Whereas G1(toon) is based more on Megatron as a new military bot that took over feeling his supremacy should be imposed on all. And no clue on G1 marvel comic. But the toys have been stated to lean on toon more than comic.

So not an error. Intentional to create a longer backstory for Impactor, and how his squad and their ruthless more decepticon like tactics, ended up as Autobots.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  14. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime End of Days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    When was this revealed?

15. Jtprime17

Jtprime17 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  16. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    could also be a nod to this note from impactor's page on tfwiki.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    A Generations movie Barricade would be very welcome indeed. :D 

So looks like we have most of the planned figures for Siege down now. Only real mystery's left are what the new name Battlemasters are and what version of Prime we're getting the leader class. Looks like a pretty good line to me.

• Like Like x 4
  18. Easy Tiger

Easy Tiger Well-Known Member

We might be overthinking this.

It might just be along the lines of "Impactor's purple and vicious-looking, so let's put him with the Deceptions. The fluff can sort it out."

• Like Like x 3
  19. AutobotStrider

AutobotStrider Active Member

I agree, aside from Bay's movies the female transformers and characters in general are given too much plot armor to save them from dying in a war scenario. It becomes stale and predictable.

There's a lot of ideas in Transformers not nearly fleshed out enough that get shoved aside to fit a narrative.

I'm very happy to see a WFC Barricade, I'm curious which version it'll be based on.

20. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Starry Night Melody

News Credits:
    Yeah, it’s the same reason Lockdown and Unicron are always Decepticons. Hasbro doesn’t like figure that aren’t one or the other. In this situation Impactor is being presented as an antagonist, and one to a well known Autobot at that, so a Decepticon he get’s labeled.