New shots of POTP Predaking

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Cheem The Rup, Mar 24, 2018.

1. Incepticon

Incepticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yup, but unfortunately they're f*#king stickers for some stupid reason. This guy just didn't apply them in his video review.

2. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Yeah, it's just the back of his toy head for some reason. You'd think the animators would have realised what they were drawing didn't have a face, but apparently not.

• Like Like x 2
  3. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    [​IMG]

4. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'll leave the stickers off for a more show-accurate look!

• Like Like x 2
  5. Edwardmus Prime

Edwardmus Prime Righteous Defender of Ed-Land

Looks easier to take apart than Devastator which should be a good thing, but here it's evident that the combined mode just plain doesn't stay together well with its floppy arms and hands falling out.

While the photos complemented the individuals, I can't say that the video did. It revealed them for what they really are. Divebomb, Razorclaw and Rampage look nice (best three out of five?), but they all look like a group of backpackers with one fat lazy one shoving his load onto the others. Their beast modes are unanimously atrocious. I dislike the Prime Masters, but the Omni—Onyx Matrix is a pretty cool accessory, both because of lore implications and the fact it really isn't in a place that one would expect it. It also might be the only way to get the Onyx minifigure.

If this were released individually, I'd happily take Razorclaw (w/ Matrix included) alone and maybe my other two favorites, but for the price of a Titan it doesn't really feel worth it to get three robots (or half a robot, considering the beast modes) and an accessory.

6. deathzero23

deathzero23 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, there are many instances that on the G1 cartoon, Predaking doesn't have a legit head design.
    I wonder why the inconsistencies. Sometimes I'd mistaken his eyes for a mouth plate. Sometimes a forehead piece.

If Predaking's toy designer/animator gave him a proper head/face design.

7. PrinceOfSweden

PrinceOfSweden Well-Known Member

I'm probably the only one who actually prefers Predakings faceless head.

Predaking doesn't need eyes on his head. He relies primarily on instinct and senses other than sight anyway.

Plus he also has Razorclaw's beast mode eyes situated on his upper chest to see with if needed.

8. Omega495

Omega495 Well-Known Member

Xenomorph queen would approve.

9. Yaujta

Yaujta Chill dad. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That's a bit of a knee-jerk reaction. I think the hand issue was the reviewers fault for not pushing the four contact points in the whole way, and a loose arm on an early copy doesn't mean it will have combined issues.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Edwardmus Prime

I can see the hand thing, but when does one become concerned about overall issues if not from a production copy where both arms do not hold? It's a pretty obvious show that they may not have tolerances right.

11. Yaujta

News Credits:
    A lot of figures have loose joints and whatnot, unfortunately. I remember people complaining about the same thing with Devastator, but both my copies are solid.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Edwardmus Prime

Can't say that the possibility of something this expensive being unable to pose is something to neglect considering on review it is floppy. Seems like the joints aren't strong enough, more of a "Skullsmasher" situation than a quality control one, from the looks of it.

13. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Slag Support Squad TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think it's nice to get a good look at the set with no stickers applied. Personally, I think it looks acceptable with no stickers at all for those with an aversion to them, and makes it easier (I hope) to pick and choose which labels to add for best effect.

• Like Like x 1
  14. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Anyone saying this has loose joints should keep in mind this is months before official release, these are stolen factory samples.

LOL! I didn't know that. I wanted to dig out the old toy anyway to play around with them, will check.
    The animators sure did some silly stuff, like forgetting Trypticon has eyes.

That's not a big issue. The wings don't exactly brush up against anything, so the stickers won't be rubbed off during transformation.
    What I wonder about is what other stickers Predaking has. Would be nice to get more golden stickers with "rivets" for Razorclaw's legs for example.

Remember that for when Takara gets to do a Masterpiece Predaking, they will use THAT reverse head design, because the cartoon is their Bible and it is never wrong... :D  (see the fake little wheels on MP Magnus' legs, MP10 Prime wheels hidden, Inferno's undetailed blank legs and Grapple's miscolored helmet)
    So he sees out of his chest and needs to turn around to see where he goes? :D  Not the best thing for a hunter. Plus why have a robot head then, at all?

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
  15. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Officially licensed OS KO of Scourgatron TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Tokyo, Japan (Originally from Los Angeles)
    Ebay:
    How do you know they are stolen? Am curious as to why. Not being critical.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Yaujta

News Credits:
    It's an assumption based on the fact the set isn't due out for several months. If it isn't a factory theft it may be an early sample that 'fell off the truck'.
    Hard to say since @TCracker was able to take good shots of a set, and he's an upstanding gent.

• Like Like x 1
  17. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So I just found out he did appear in IDW, and they wasted him fighting puny fleshlings whom he could not even kill. Oh and he was controlled by some obscure GI Joe villain. Then they killed of Razorclaw. The bastards!
    The Iron Klaw - Transformers Wiki

Well, the review never ever shows the box. I assume he would, if he had it. Nor are stickers present or applied. Again, why I assume it was a stolen copy. Not a fault of the reviewer, of course, but whatever seller on ebay he got it from.
    And as I mentioned, this LadyPapa guy has it for sale on ebay, using stock photos. I asked whether the set has the original packaging and got the below enigmatic reply.
    "Good buyer. Original Bao. Genuine products. Thank you"
    Is "good buyer" something like "Good dog!" that you tell your buyers while stroking their bellies? :D  That I can somewhat understand, but what Original Bao means is a mystery to me. :D 

• Like Like x 1
  18. Yaujta

News Credits:
    Thanks for adding to the list of why I loathe the funny books.

Anyway, I just hope the set goes up for pre-order on US sites soon. It needs to be in my life.

• Like Like x 1
  19. TCracker

TCracker おもちゃは今とても暑いです

News Credits:
    Stolen? Far from it. It is a sample on loan to me by Hasbro Asia. Check my FB page, I even took pics of the box.

Kinda funny that people assume things without checking in proper. @Yaujta , thanks for the heads up, my friend.

• Like Like x 9
  20. Yaujta

News Credits:
    Like I said man, upstanding gent!

• Like Like x 4