New set pictures!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Waveride, Jan 23, 2009.

1. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    i was going to say THIS,

but then THIS happened!!!

LOL

but yeah, i wonder what the deal is with Ratchet... and Arcee, too. and holy crap Ironhide is huge.

2. 0ptimus__Prime

0ptimus__Prime Autobot Commander

News Credits:
    Sideswipe

[​IMG]

3. mondo

mondo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe Ratchet and Arcee are on a separate mission. But Ratchet haven't been seen alot.

4. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    A couple of observations...

That corvette looks a lot smaller than I thought it was. Between that and the Twins, these new Autobots don't seem like they are going to be very big, especially when compared to the new Constructicons.

It seems like we've seen video of this same group before. I was kind of hoping that "around 40 robots" meant a substantially bigger team; basically here they've only added 2 more versus movie #1. I have a feeling that there's going to be a single flashback/Cybertron scene that counts against that total.

5. Chadimus Prime

Chadimus Prime Active Member

Ebay:
    I have heard that Ratchet is in robot mode a lot in the movie. The wirters have said that if you don't see them in vechile mode than there is a good chance that they are in robot mode. You know they let Bay have his way. If anybody has heard the commentary on the first movie Bay talks about how he wanted the robot modes alot. Obviously because of budget he couldn't get his way. Now the word from the writers is Hasbro has let Bay loose and so there will be more of what he talked about in the firt film but to a greater prensence. Go Soundwave, Ravage, and Sideswipe!!!!!

6. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My sister would dispute that assertion that Ratchet's presence denies them a sense of mortality, because she's still bitter that they reattached Bumblebee's legs but couldn't fix Jazz. She hates that part of the movie.

That aside...I don't think a potential Ratchet death has any effect on the sense of mortality for the robots in general (the first film took care of that with most of the Decepticons being killed off) or the Autobots in particular (Jazz's death, plus the speculation over any potential Prime death in this film or any other sequel). Michael Bay's taken care of that, and Ratchet isn't a big enough character to make that hit home even more to a mainstream audience (Prime or Bumblebee? Yes. Ratchet? Eh.). Ratchet's absence in that shot, and no Arcee either, is interesting though. Then again, maybe they're bringing up with rear with Jetfire.

7. blackout501st

blackout501st ultimate enforcing hound

well well well! ill b damed! sideswipe is lookin pritty bitchin!:dj 

8. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I hope Ratchet doesn't buck-the-kick-it.

That being said I'm really excited for the four new autobot cars. Those are sweet pics too! Nice find!

9. General Tekno

General Tekno Lugnut Supremor & Arkivist

News Credits:
    You know, it COULD just be that not all the Autobots are on the front lines this time.

Just saying.

10. Staxeon

Staxeon Shaper of minds

I was going to post that I'd bet Ratchet is off with Capt Lennox and his team, but wouldn't it make more sense if Ironhide was off doing that?

Still...

11. Waveride

Waveride Creative Team

News Credits:
    He you guys remember the old set pictures of the Corvette showing the different front windshield frame, the one that's usually between the front door of a car and windshield. They had one where it was silver like the rest of the car and the other blending into the windshield like it currently is.

12. Skylock

Skylock Rogue

News Credits:
    Feels like Ratchet might not make it to a 3rd movie.

13. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax Macrodata Refinement - SVR'D Access

News Credits:
    I just chalk up Jazz's death and irrepairibility to loss of Spark.

14. Red Frenzy

Red Frenzy Its madness He's 100% RED

I assume trying to explain Sparks and Transformer life force is a chore to explain, I know I've tried and been looked at with a "I'm-not-that-interested-to-care" expression. The real question is does she ask why Jazz just stays in vehicle mode as Bumblebee gets his legs amputated Starscream style? There is a conundrum.

But really where's the love for the Doc-bot, is the sequel going to be so incredibly violent that due to the massive amounts of casualties and injuries Ratchet wont have time to transform? If that's the case I see it as a equal trade off for more robot destruction.

15. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    I bet Arcee is 99% digital in this movie, in both, nay, all 3 modes.

And I don't really get how all of you jump to the conclusion that Ratchet is dead based on 2 single snapshots of a distant view of the freeway...I swear, the rumor machine is in full effect!

Chill out people!

16. example

example Well-Known Member

It's not based on these two pictures..it's based on the fact that we've only seen him in 2 or maybe 3 pictures as far as I know and none of those were actually 'for the camera'.

Nevertheless we still have very little information, I guess we'll have to wait and see. (Admit I'm a little worried too).

17. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Ratchet's vehicle was seen in the pictures of the other vehicles at (Edwards?) AFB.

I'm pretty sure being torn in half will more likely kill you than having your legs blown off.

Besides, Transformers have sparks, life forces that are equivalent to souls. They're not simply machines that can be put back together once they are blown up. Well, they can, but it would be a lifeless shell.

18. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    Very interesting....

I did like Ratchet from the first movie, and I'd to see him live to the end. I'm hoping that maybe he stayed behind to fix Arcee or went to get Jetfire with Arcee? Without know more about what is going on, it is next to impossible to tell.

Maybe Ratchet has been wounded, but not killed? So many possibilities. I see it as Optimus and his "lieutenants" taking the fodder bots to take on Devastator initially? I'd like to hope to see Ratchet make it while the fodder bots (Mudflap, JOLT?!?) get killed.

As pointed out, Arcee could be in the shot, but represented digitally.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2009
  19. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    Very nice. Reminds me of the one shot from the first movie of all the Autobots heading down through those canyons.

20. brawl569

brawl569 Autobot

i think ratchet might be repairing another autobot