New Set of Seekers

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by SoundBlaster7, Apr 10, 2012.

1. SoundBlaster7

SoundBlaster7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Would you guys like to see a new set of seekers?
    I love the original trio (Starscream, Skywarp and Thundercracker), but I kinda feel they've been overused. The coneheads are alright, but I don't feel about them as strongly as I do with the original trio. However, I really like Skyquake and Dreadwing in Prime. Maybe they could add a third character to complete the set, like Slipstream or Sunstorm.

2. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    Acid Storm

3. optronix72

optronix72 Autobot

Ebay:
    Yeah a new set would be cool.

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I'm liking the idea of a new trio of Seekers. Maybe not as replacements for the originals, but as an addition set that can be used. Speaking of TFP specifically, I wouldn't count Skyquake as one. Adding in two more to join Dreadwing would be pretty cool to see. Obsidian and Skyfire are two options I would enjoy seeing.

5. MrSoundmeister

MrSoundmeister Bang,Bang Boom!

yeah,i dont mind if we get a new set of seekers,heck space case,eagle eye and gunbarrel would make good seekers,one designed for speed,one for tactical maneuvers and one for raw power.

6. Wingnut

Wingnut Stayin' Alive!

Ebay:
    Hasn't Starscream already mentioned once being in command of a group of flying cybertronians before joining up with Megatron? I was kind of hoping he'd show up with Thundercracker and Skywarp at some point now that he's gone rogue. (Yes, I haven't seen any season 2 of Prime yet so if it's been covered already I don't want to know about it!) Still they could always use more to bolster their ranks.

7. DPrime

DPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yeah, I'd love to see another Skyquake clone.

I like the idea of "Heavy Seekers", like Skyquake and Dreadwing, and "Light Seekers", like Starscream. I love the new characters but I'd still like to see TC and SW, too.

8. Metroplex79

Metroplex79 Hey mouse, say cheese!

Skyquake, Dreadwing + _______ ? Puh-lese... :rolleyes2 

Air Strike Patrol people!!!!

Tailwind
    Nightflight
    Stormcloud
    Whisper

Make them all deluxe sized, match up the G1 color scheme, and I'll be happy. :D 

They could be re-built from the dead flying Decepticon drones. That would be awesome.

9. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    If you're going to make a "new" set of seekers, to fit what I assume would be a similar role in the tf universe as the old ones, why not make completely new characters instead of shoehorning other old characters into the role?

10. Metroplex79

Well I figured the young kids don't know anything about them.

Being re-done in Prime would still be "new", just the design is homaging the original.

Even some G1ers don't really know them, as they were only in the Marvel comics for like what? five issues?
    (I'm referring the G1ers who stopped after the 86 movie)

11. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Go over to deviant art and look up acidstorm, novastorm and stormfront. While acidstorm is a revision, the other 2 are fan made as to make them a new trio of seekers. A very good friend of mine came up with them.

12. Aernaroth

News Credits:
    Wasn't directed at you in particular, and I love the Air Strike Patrol, but I'd rather see them as the Air Strike Patrol rather than mishmashed into the role of the seekers.

If they wanted new seekers, it gives them an opportunity to approach the role with something different. Say, instead of the mostly unquestioning thug henchmen to Starscream, you could have a group of driven, ambitious criminals loyal only to eachother and playing the entire Decepticon army (as a group) in order to make it out of this war on top. Or a group of paranoids so comically inept at cooperating with eachother that it completely overshadows the considerable individual skills they have.

13. JazzHunter83

JazzHunter83 Mrs FatalT

I would love to see something like that. I think some of ideas mentioned above regarding the dynamics of the group are great, too!

14. Metroplex79

Oh ok.
    *whew*

Crazy idea that would make fans either crazy or swoon or rage if they made them for Prime....cars or planes/jets with 2 giant eyes with no face or mouth (kinda like RotF Wheelie), or 1 giant eye for a face...kinda like the 2 figures made for the 07 movie....forgot their names.

Get it? Seekers with big eye(s)...

***ducks***

15. Aernaroth

News Credits:
    Model that single eye or visor after the eyeshield on modern combat aircraft helmets and you're on to something.

I liked the Decepticon air drones from the movieverse, but (shockwave excluded) the "single mechanical dot eye" look tends to remove a lot of characterization in the face of most characters.

16. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Kuphead

News Credits:
    Well if Barricade and Blackout can come out of the Abyss and back into the limelight. Sure why not.

17. Metroplex79

Well, Prime Soundwave technically doesn't have any facial expressions, so my idea for my "new" seekers idea would have....hand gestures (let's you imagine what hand gestures would be on screen when these guys are mad)...or the eye color changes depending on mood...or words scroll across their visors like the old GI Joe Tele Vipers.

But who has to say that a mouth has to be on the head?

A second head maybe?

:p 

18. Girl Pants

Girl Pants aka brickonator

News Credits:
    I'd love to see the Predators get some love. They are featured a bit in LSotW, but like Rotorstorm, Pyro, Ironfist and others, that just made me want MORE.

19. supernova222

supernova222 junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    well slipstream has certainly become polular, i think the new seekers should be starscream, her , and one other

20. Incepticon

Incepticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've always liked to think there are (or at least were) legions of Seekers out there since the design begs to be mass produced, but that the original trio, the "coneheads" and "rainmaker" guys are all that's left out of multi-dozens killed off during the wars on Cybertron.

So, yeah., I'd like to see some new ones :)