New Sentai Series - Boukenger (cool vehicles!)

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Sunstreaker, Feb 15, 2006.

1. Sunstreaker

Sunstreaker Partyin Like it's 1984

Ebay:
    I'm always tempted by the sentai series bots...they've got such a great feel to them. First Gaoranger tempted me, then Abaranger; but I was able to resist. Now the new series, Boukenger is hitting the streets this month and damn if these aren't some of the coolest combining vehicles I've seen come out of Japan in years!

Zinc Panic's got the hookup

And if that isn't enough to sway you...how about the possibility of a 10-vehicle combiner?

2. MagiRanger

MagiRanger Banned

Ebay:
    I think the combined mecha is really ugly, but by themselves, the auxilliary mecha is pretty neat looking. Just like the last few years, I won't be getting any mecha untl Bandai starts adding decent articulation. I am looking forward to the Bouken Red/Black/Blue figures though, i'm hoping they'll be 12" just like the MagiRanger ones were.

3. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

Not bad, but some of the vehicles to Daibouken look iffy (particularly MarineDiver, which looks like it's meant to dive into something else...). However, the extra vehicles solve that problem quite nicely. I like the interchangeable limb (or just arm?) gimmick, just as I did with combiners of the G1 and Energon variety, and on some other Megazords. Neat stuff, but no way I could juggle TFs, Godzilla, and now Ultraman along with those expensive things, so PASS (and my wallet briefly sighs in relief).

4. Luffy

Luffy Prof Slacker

News Credits:
    Meh, not really impressed. Unlike Magiking I find this design rather boring. Looks like a rehash of the Go Go V Robo.

5. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    HA!! does any one else knotice that the extra plane vehicle in t he blurry pic look like wing saber from energon?? Unfortunately, I do agree with everyone else, apart the vehicles look ok, but the combined form...... BLEGH!! I woulda used the puke icon, but when I place it in my post it comes up as the one that sticks its tounge out.

6. Sunstreaker

Ebay:
    See - now I like it. Maybe it's cause I'm old school to the extreme...but a chunky, barely articulated bot like that just caters to my circa 1984 sensibilities.

7. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

Looks like those 30 vehicle Voltron that I loved as a kid. It's not bad looking but it's probably expensive and I got enough TFs and toys on my Buy list as it is.

8. Sunstreaker

Ebay:
    Thank you, PK! That's what I was trying to pin down! I knew it reminded me of something, that it was scratching some sort of nostalgia itch. Vehicle Voltron it is (which was, what, Voltron I in Japan?)! Now I really want him!

9. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

The combiner aint bad. Would buy it if Sentai was in the states. Doubt they'll release in the PR line but here's to hoping.
    It looks like a mix from many classic combiners from Brave to Voltron to Micromman to Machine Robo with a tad of Energon Prime for the gestalt.

Here ya go Sunstreaker, this gestalt is right up your alley.
    If only whoever made it made some instructions.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v148/loebig/Machine%20Robo/machinerobogestalt.jpg

10. Sunstreaker

Ebay:
    DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE!

That's insane. Now I'm kicking myself for ditching the Mugenbine collection last year!

11. Emperor Mengde

Emperor Mengde Instrumentalist

Sunstreaker, that Sentai bot also appeals to old school sensibilities. Here's hoping it does eventually get a release over here so it can be bought on the cheap (minus a few paint apps, of course).

12. Sunstreaker

Ebay:
    Isn't his being brought over kind of a foregone conclusion? Are there any Sentai series that haven't made it to the US w/ their zords intact?

13. Emperor Mengde

Emperor Mengde Instrumentalist

I haven't been following them enough to know if any haven't made it over. I agree that it's very likely that they will, but I never like to count on things like that (you never know what could happen).

14. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

I don't see why it won't come over. This is the next Megazord. It'll be here.

15. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    Oh My God!!! This is awesome!!!!!

16. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    The Megazord itself will, no doubt about that.

But it's possible that some of the Accessory Zords will be left out- they've been doing that a lot in the past couple years.

17. Sunstreaker

Ebay:
    That's true - Wild Force and Dino Thunder didn't have any of the auxilary zords that Gao and Aba had. Hmmmm...decisions, decisions.

18. Frognal

Frognal Prodigal Son Returned

Eh, the only Sentai Zords I'd ever get would be the MagiRanger ones. Those are just damn neat.

19. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Sentai toys are on the other side of my line and probably always will be, no matter how good they look the limited articulation and (to be brutally honest) paltry gimmicks are never enough to tempt my cash away from me.
    The other thing that puts me off is the relatively high cost of the things, I was so tempted by Magiranger (the first sentai toy I've ever thought about) last year that I very nearly preordered one but the cost made me uneasy and then it came and went and I didn't really feel like I missed out.

The bokuenger vehicles again tempted me, the plex designed asthetics are very nice and I like the pile up combination scheme. But even though this years zord is cheaper then Magiking by about 2000yen there is an absolute flood of high quality collectors toys coming out in the following months that I would miss buying if I splashed out now on a whim.

20. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like it Sunstreaker. I believe I first saw the pics of the toys via a BBTS newsletter. They are intriguing, but I'm already trying to pair down my toy collection. TF & Machine Robo is enough as is!