New Seaspray worth getting?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by aledromo, Jun 29, 2010.

1. aledromo

aledromo Decepticon at the Gate

I found him somewhere for $23 bucks or so. I never really liked that character, but I also never really liked Powerglide and yet I regretted passing on his upscaled recent entity.

With all the new hotness going around it's time to make tough decisions, so what's the word on the street regarding our watery friend?

2. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  3. aledromo

4. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    HELL YA ive had him since bout march...great, solid, posable, clear blue missiles...can fit a good bit of scounts in the carrier part :) 
    love!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

It's hard to predict if other people will enjoy a toy, but I sure like him. He has a fun transformation, and is quite solid in both modes (with few compromises). The ability to transport Scouts is a fun bonus. I like that his robot mode is specifically designed to be posed like a diver, with a head that can angle upward, swiveling propellors, and big powerful legs with flipper-feet.

His head is not G1, nor is it Movie style... it's essentially a robotic scuba mask and goggles. That might bug some people (and I admit it sometimes looks a tad too "human" for me), but it fits nicely with the overall figure.

The only other nitpick I have with the figure is his rounded flip-down heels. They don't really hamper stability, but they feel like they should. They are the one rushed part, I feel, in an otherwise cleverly designed figure.

(By the way, don't let anyone tell you he has "chicken legs"... that is, tiptoe-walking legs with high ankles. He doesn't have chicken legs... that would require another joint. He has knees and backward sweeping calves like a human, his just sweep back rather dramatically. That combined with his big, hovercraft-balloon kneepads and thin ankles have led some to say he has chicken legs, but really he just has human legs with a strong S-curve to them.)

6. aledromo

Good points here. I actually can see where he'd be a good pickup for someone in the mood for something a little different. But based on my own tastes, I think I'll pass for now. Thanks for the description!

7. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

Yes! He is absolutely worth it. Awesome figure. Get him!

8. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    I say, if you REALLY want one, go ahead and get one, personally, I don't care all that much about him.

9. GreenScream

GreenScream Neo G1 Collector

News Credits:
    I'll eventually pick him up. Just waiting to see if TakaraTomy gives him a more cartoon accurate deco. Lighter blue and yellow as opposed to dark blue and bronze colors he's got going on right now.

He's going to look awesome next to Powerglide. You can definitely tell they've both been hitting gold's gym since the G1 cartoon went off the air. :lol