New Score preview's place in movie[SPOILERS]

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Starscreamownz, Jun 11, 2011.

1. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

In order:

Conspiracy
    Battle
    lost signal
    glorious
    Sentinel

So with these new previews at parts of the DOTM score I was thinking about where what is. Below are my guesses as to what goes where/how they're used in the film

Conspiracy: The basic theme for when Sam learns about the Decepticons using humans to cover up the decepticon army they're hiding on the dark side of the moon, or ominous filler like Eintstein was wrong in ROTF.

Battle: With its heavy danger feel and very powerful beats all around it has to be part of a huge action sequence. ie Ratchet, Topsin, Leadfoot, Roadbuster, Sideswipe, Bumblebee and Nest trying without gain to fight back the decepticons far enough so that they can get close enough to the building with the pillar on it. Or perhaps from Ironhide fighting the dreads, displaying his strength one last time before hes un deserved death. Either way its going to be part of an emotional scene ripe with danger.

Lost Signal: Probably from the scene of the astronauts exploring the Ark. Hence the name "Lost Signal." It probably starts when the feed is cut.

Glorious could be anything. judging by how it resembles the fallen's arrival I have a feeling it could be where Sentinel forces Mearing to release the pillars by threatening to crush Sam and Lennox under his feet. Its definitely part of a dark and sinister scene of the decepticons.

Sentinel: the name describes it well enough. Its the theme of Sentinel Prime. a remix of the "Prime" track from ROTF as well. Though it is a remix of Prime it has this underlying beat that endows a sense of sinister in Sentinel somehow (hint hint). Since this is Sentinel's theme it will likely be remixed and used in multiple other tracks and scenes involving Sentinel based moments. I also have a feeling that ROTF's Prime track is going to be a more used track this time around.

Not to mention heres hoping "Hacking the Mainframe" from TF1 is inserted into the decepticons arriving into Washington. That track just screams "Massive invasion of decepticons."

So whats your guys thoughts on them?

2. Cranckasional

Cranckasional Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That Battle song is just WOW I cant even picture the scene :O

3. brains

brains Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Lost Signal track could also be the death of Ironhide. I thought I read that Optimus tries to contact him but cannot reach him.

4. JS_Prime

JS_Prime Unamused

Actually Glorious is the ROTF "Prime" track remix.

5. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    Optimus trying to contact Ironhide wasn't as long as that piece though. not to mention I think it'd be more of a "wait. what the?" kid of thing. I definitely think the first half of Sentinel plays a little while Sentinel is killing Ironhide, Skids and Mudflap.

I'm picturing the scene and the picture of them dissolving into husks of robot corpses fits the moody nature of the piece.