New scan of FF IV DS and FFTA2

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Crossblades, Aug 17, 2007.

1. Crossblades

Crossblades Combiner fan

2. 333HE

333HE HERSHEY'S GONNA EAT JOO.

I can't wait to play FFTA2. :D  I've been playing the hell out of Luminous Arc so I can get my fix until then...

3. MilkManX

MilkManX TF Comicbook Fan

I cant wait for FFIV DS. I am playing FFIII DS and its so fun. FFIV is my favorite of the whole series and the new look is great!

4. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm all about that FFIV. Just wish they would have made a full blown remake on a console. I would love to see a remake of 4 or 6 on the PS3/360 rather then FF7 by about 10 times. FFTA2 will be good if they made the battles a little speedier and added story sequences a bit more often then FFTA.

5. Liege Prime

News Credits:
    Oh, and that Vaan design looks far better now that he has a shirt.

6. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Square/Enix is gonna be keeping the DS going strong for a very long time. Can you imagine what's going to happen if they get to 6 and 7? People are going to go nuts.

7. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    Not sure if I'll get FFIV on the DS. I still haven't played it on the PlayStation (how many years have I owned FF Chronicles?). It looks fantastic, though.

Not terribly excited about FFTA2. Never played FFTA, mostly because I didn't really like the original game's steep jump in difficulty after two battles (though I never did think to level grind back then, as Tactics was my second FF game after VII).

8. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

i most likely will pick up FFIV DS as its a great story, one that you can play over and over and not get bored....and unlike the GBA version, this be 3D.

as for FFTA2, i never was good at strategy games, sucked at FFT, never played FFTA...so for me to pick up FFTA2 is a long shot.

9. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

I want to know what new game mechanics they will add to FFTA. FFT is probably my favorite RPG of all time-- and its only because of its strategy aspect (the story was confusing because of all the names and convoluted relationships).

I liked FFTA but it was not as deep as FFT. I know I'm gonna buy a DS just for FFTA2.

10. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Finally, something that will get me to play FF4 all the way through... and with any luck we'll get #6 made before the DS's time is done. If they remade FF6 like this I'd never have to buy another DS game.

Unless they made Chrono Trigger.

11. Liege Prime

News Credits:
    I agree and dissagree! Both FF6 and CT need to be remade, but I still say they need to make them on consoles and use the best technology possible. They deserve no less.

12. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Buttstuff Werewolf

News Credits:
    I'd love to play a remade Chrono Trigger on my DS. Oh man, that would be aces.

13. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

Wish they'd remake all these on the PS3/Xbox 360. I rarely get to play away from home, so being able to play on the new systems in HD would be great.

14. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    I'm still waiting on some fucking news for FF7:CC.........

15. 333HE

333HE HERSHEY'S GONNA EAT JOO.

Same here.

16. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    ...how sad is it that I mistook Rosa for Cecil until I saw the breasts?

"Yeah, he really looks feminine now--oh wait."

17. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    The consoles are already getting their own FF games. Well, the PS3 and Wii, anyway. These remakes would only get lost in the shuffle, just like they did on the PS. Doing it this way insures that they will be major titles. They will in turn, sell really well. Which will then allow for even more to be made.

Don't you think that's better in the long run?

18. Liege Prime

News Credits:
    Although I honestly think a remake on any console would sell in droves if said title was completely redone, I would rather play a console game- wouldn't even care if it was a direct port from the DS after the DS was done it's selling. Although I would like to see them utilize the best technology possible for a remake, I pretty much despise playing DS games when my actual entertainment center is looming over me, so even if the visuals were DS qulaity, I would like to play on a bigger screen. I have no reason to play on the go- if I am on the go, I am driving, and I can't really play then. I'm going to get it on the DS, to be sure, but too bad I can't enjoy it as much because of its platform.

EDIT: Also, the "remakes" for the PS were really not remakes, just kinda Wonderswan Color or SNES ports with some slight enhancements, and I do believe they sold well anyways.

19. Kupp

Kupp Relic of a time before time. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I have FFIV for the GBA and still haven't even played it, oh well, I still need to get FFVI and play that, and finish some of the others, by the time it get arround to FFIV it will be on the DS which is fine by me. FFTA2 will be bought too, although I never finished tactic or tactics advanced, I liked the style of game.

So to whom do I start sarcificing innocent lives to get Chrono Trigger on the DS?

Fo the heck needs a Wii, PS3, or 360 when their is so much square love on the DS?

20. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can't imagine 7 looking much better on the DS than it looked on the PS1. If they remeade it for PS3 or 360, then it would warrant my attention. Since the DS is a little less powerful than the PS1, I can't imagine it providing me with anything new, aside from it just being portable.

A remake of 6 on the DS would be killer though, and I would be the first in line.