New ROTF toys shown at SDCC?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Tyrannosaur, Jul 11, 2009.

1. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur 100% Sarcastic Saurian

Back at Botcon 09 during the Hasbro Panel they showed images of new figures including Lockdown and a Leader Class Starscream. Unfortunately no pictures were allowed to be taken (What the fuck, for what reason?!) and I heard they will be on display at the San Diego Comic Con coming up in a few weeks. Any news so far on this?

2. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    We won't know until the panel.

But odds are that we'll at least see some of what was shown at Botcon at SDCC this year. Just like last year.

3. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    the no picture thing has always been around, to give fans something to look forward to at other conventions.....nothing has been said as to what will be shown

4. Omega Charge

Omega Charge Prepare for trouble...

News Credits:
    July 23
    12:30-1:30 Hasbro: Transformers 2— Want to see what's new with Transformers? Hasbro's design and marketing teams—Aaron Archer (Hasbro Brand IP Development), Jared Wade and Eric Siebenaler (Hasbro Design), and Michael Ballog and Matt Proulx (Hasbro Marketing)— present all the latest toys from the new Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen line. And get a sneak peek into what Hasbro is doing to celebrate the 25th Anniversary of Transformers in 2010! Room 7AB

I'd say there's a good chance we see what was shown at BotCon, possibly more.

5. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I want to see voyager Bludgeon so bad my pants hurt.

6. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

There's a chance they'll be shown at Comic Con, but there's no guarantee.
    As for the no pictures and whatnot, it's called exclusivity. FunPublications want their TFCC members to feel as though their $40.00 a year, and fees to get into Botcon aren't both wasted. Would you really want to pay for an event with the promise of it being just for you, only to find out that they posted the pictures online, and non paying folks were given the same thing, but you paid hard earned money to see? I don't think so.

I'm hoping we get to see some really great items. I will be honest and find it kinda stupid to celebrate the 25th anniversary during the 26th year. I think shoving Universe on the back burner was a dumb idea and I'm sticking to that.

*backs away slowly* I have no words... *runs like hell*

7. Skyswipe

Skyswipe Favorite store on Citadel

I do hope they release some Beast Wars characters if they're doing Universe.

8. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

One of the designers said he wants to see a Voyager Class Rhinox released in Universe 3.0

Hopefully with him pushing for it, we might just see it happen. I'm so impressed with the Dinobot they made, I can't begin to imagine what Rhinox would look like. Cheetor's not the greatest, but a few mods could go a long way.