New PS3 transformer game cannon..

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by TheG1Reviewer, Feb 13, 2012.

1. TheG1Reviewer

TheG1Reviewer Well-Known Member

Does it bother anyone that Bruticus, Superion, Dinobots appear in this game even though they weren't built at the time period this game takes place, or do you people like this new canon? Personally, it deters me, and makes me want a good G1 game!

2. TheG1Reviewer

Yeah yeah yeah....I know I misspelled ”canon” in the thread title.

3. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    This game doesn't take place in the G1 cartoon timeline.

4. TheG1Reviewer

I know. Does that turn anyone else off from the game? I mean,.why rewrite the storyline using the same characters?! Just create new ones or stick to the same canon in my opinion.

5. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    Very very few people care anymore. The game was designed as a Neo-G1. It doesn't matter that it doesn't match up to G1.

6. emoo

emoo Well-Known Member

Im fine with it. Basically before wfc launched in interviews HM had said they loved g1 it had never had a proper game, and this was their attempt at making a g1 prequel. They also mention that some characters like Silverbolt, and others were invented later on earth but they liked them and knew they were popular so they took a few liberties and put them in the game anyway. It's the same with foc and the dinobots and a few other designs. In the round table interview on foc HM were asked if it tied in with prime they said no but they did like some prime designs they just took some liberties and added them to the game because they liked them like cliffjumpers head, some ship designs, and I believe weapons. But at its core it is a g1 prequel just slighty reimagined to add in the more popular characters as if they were there all along.

7. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    It is based in G1 as high moon had said it was...

For all we know the dinobots wheeljack created could of been named after the dinobots on cybertron

For bruticus well remeber how starscream found him/them? they could of fell into earth and forgotten there memory

This is jut a guess im not 100% sure

8. Cryptwire

Cryptwire Cybertronian Engineer/Sniper

News Credits:
    this is a new continuity with G1 inspired themes and situations... but it doesn't bother me... maybe a little of bit Grimlock since Grimlock and the Dinobots were originally created on Earth and they haven't set foot on Cybertron until later.

as far as Grimlock and the Dinobots' new back story is concerned explaining why they became to be, i don't have a problem with it, it's just that probably Grimlock could've probably been introduced later when the battle was taking place on Earth (and wheeljack probably found them and repaired them...). that's why part of me was hoping they didn't introduce Grimlock and the Dinobots just yet until in another sequel when they finally arrive and wage battle on Earth and should've just probably introduced some of the Autobot and Decepticon Gestalts for FOC in the meantime

9. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

It's no different from when War Within had Dinobots. WFC already didn't match G1 depictions of the war on Cybertron, so why start caring now?

"PS3" in the title is a little odd. The game is not platform exclusive.