New Production Run of Knight Morpher Commander up on BBTS

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by General Tekno, Aug 12, 2011.

1. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
  2. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If it has the fixes, I'm in for one...

3. General Tekno

News Credits:
    I can't imagine why it wouldn't, honestly, especially since they're VERY explicit in saying it's a whole new production run.

4. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:
    Missed the first round, totally going for an Anhillator this time!

5. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    What was even wrong with the first run? I've never had a problem.

6. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    In general, its extremely tight joints.

7. General Tekno

News Credits:
    There were a number of QC issues with it. Eg, I remember hearing that at Botcon after they'd come out, the retailers were getting a LOT of returns because people were getting them broken in package.

They resolved all the QC problems on Annihilator though.

8. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Sometimes I have to question just how rough people are with these things. Mine was a version 1 and had some extremely tight joints. I was still able to ge tthem to move without stress marks or breakage.

But ya, for those that don't have one, version 2 has the fixes that were made to Annihilator. Internet personality Vangelus has an awesome review of Annihilator and if IIRC he goes into all the fixes.

9. General Tekno

News Credits:
    Yeah; have seen the review, it's pretty good. Preordered an Annihilator myself - can't wait to get my hands on the mold.

After all, we've got that Shockwave coming soon too... wouldn't surprise me if they're doing a second run to raise the funds for manufacturing Cyclops. All money that'll get recouped of course once he goes on sale, but they might need some cash on hand now to finish the molds or something.

And yeah, Transbot, part of the issue though was people getting broken ones when they opened the box. It was common enough to necessitate fixes.

10. destrongerlupus

News Credits:
    You're SO right. Hell people complain about breaking some drop-tested kid-proof Hasbro toys, if you just dropped a few hundred bucks on a little piece of plastic robot art, TREAT IT LIKE ART.

I don't think I've ever had an issue with "fragility" on any 3rd party item I've purchased, and rarely any with normal toys (other than some vintage GPS, and expected crap with KOs) that I wasn't totally and personally to blame for.

But I guess some people never DO learn what that "excessive force not required" label means....

11. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Broken in box? yuck. I was one of the luck ones but then again I ordered when Cyclops was announced so mine was most likely a later release from the first run. That probably made no difference and it was all luck lol

THIS. With these 3rd party releases we are not so much getting toys anymore, rather, high end collectables that need to be treated differently.

12. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Excessive force aside, there apparently was an issue with the shoulder clips that lock the shoulders in robot mode position shattering, because they didn't have enough give.

13. Cax6ton

Cax6ton Insufferable Smartass

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I didn't have any problems with my first run version, but I wouldn't be surprised if several broke. I don't click the shoulders in anymore, and the ratchet swivel at the shoulder is really scary - it feels like it's going to snap off when you twist it. I don't think I can make myself buy another one, even though I'd really like to have the improved version - and I doubt the first version will be worthwhile to sell now.

14. destrongerlupus

News Credits:
    Real QC issues aside (And I think THIS particular product did demonstrably have some), I think because REAL high-end collectables (and not just over priced retail repaints) are SO NEW to our little fandom/culture, and what we are getting has been 5% from the Mothership (MP-line, which people ALSO whine about QC issues, but I have yet to experience them!) and 75% from GOOD QC-Free 3rd parties and 20% from Questionable QC 3rd parties, I think people don't know who to "blame" for their "toys" not being able to stand up to the vigorous and careless transfomation play they're used to.

Has/Tak MPs are TANKS compared to Takara's MP Brave series (I actualy sold mine, despite being in AWE of them, because I was literally afraid to do anything with them), let alone a lot of the other high-end Japanese adult collector robot stuff.

The handful of actual QC issues among 3rd parties gives people liscence to assume it's a "Cheap 3rd Party Crap" issue rather than a "This is an adult collector product" issue when they snap off Explorer's wing or whatever.

I reckon we'll get past the growing pains eventually, but it'll take time for our (uniquely bitchy and self-entitled) little community to get there :/

D/L

15. ryanlb

ryanlb Well-Known Member

gah! There are too many damn third party figures I want!

I have Annhiliator, and I loves it. I'd love to get this second run Commander, and I'd really love them to get around to an Ultra Magnus-esque repaint. But too broke for any of them. :(