New Product Lag?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Megatronwp38, Mar 13, 2007.

1. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

Am I the only one, spreaking of US fans or anyone else, feeling there is a lag in new TF products after RJ and CJ and the last wave of mini-cons? They seem to have been out for a while and no sign of the devastator or the last two alternators?

Could hasbro be holding off on them to help fill the void a little better before the movie toys? I don't know about you, but I'm tired of being jealous that other markets have classics devy and the last two alts already!

Thoughts?

2. SamiWCP

SamiWCP Guest

Right there with you..But I save tons by not driving to all the stores around here looking too..Frikking 2.85$ a gallon..WTF?!

3. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    It happens every spring. Hasbro slows down on the waves of toys during the post-Christmas slump.

4. trebleshot

trebleshot www.Toyark.com Veteran

News Credits:
    Makes me feel better that it's only $2.57 around here. Even better still, I don't have the money to afford any more right now, so they can wait.

5. Golobulus

Golobulus heh heh heh

Devastator probably won't be in stores till April.

It's just like the Classics Magnus and Skywarp. They were due for release in January, but people didn't start finding them until February

6. unicron's blues

unicron's blues I need to get rich!

I'm with ya and I'm not seeing to much from any of the movie toys that makes me want to buy them so what is a fan to do in such a time?

7. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I just don't understand the distribution.
    I mean, I saw the Rodimus and Soundwave 6 inch Titaniums were released months ago on this site, but I have never seen one in a store.

As a matter of fact, a few places have the Spider-man Titaniums in the spot where the Transformers Titaniums should be.

8. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    i just want my real gear toy mang.

9. thoughtcrime

thoughtcrime Well-Known Member

I'm enjoying the lull. My wallet is enjoying it more. Its giving me time to streamline my collection a bit before the movie flood hits.

10. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think there's enough things coming out here and there, particularly in the Titanium line, so I am not too worried about it. I will say though that if I went strictly through local reatilers, I wouldn't be getting much. I really like hunting for toys but since stores just don't seem to be carrying Titaniums anymore I have gone to ordering them online. I see a couple Op Ops here and there, but these shevles are pretty bare. I would normally say they are waiting to move inventory before ordering more, but there is space. They ARE overstocked with Marvel and Star Wars Titaniums, though. Seems fans are eating those up! (that was sarcasm:)  )

11. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Like fosterlager said, new stuff comes out very slowly in the spring. Most stores are letting leftovers from Christmas linger while waiting for the new shipments for summer (mostly the stuff that ties into new movies). Target is especially bad for this, I've noticed, as it hasn't gotten anything new in past the Magnus/Skywarp pack and a couple cases of the wave 2 Minicons. Mostly it's just leftover Cybertron and the first two Classics waves sitting there gathering dust. Wal-Mart is moving the Classic deluxes and Tits pretty well, but not the Minicons. Just relax and wait, it's not like there's going to be much new stuff out before the movie toys arrive anyway, and TFs will be everywhere once those puppies hit the shelves.

And for the record, gas was $2.48 here last I checked.

12. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    i still havent found Ramjet, only cliffjumper. but its good that there's nothing new happening...my wallet is hurtin'.

also, gas is $1.02 CDN here. LOL

also, for the record, Switchblade's sig has been cracking me up since i joined.

13. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Spare a thought for French Transfans; The movie will be the first time Hasbro France have released any new TFs in the best part of three years.

14. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    The latest Waves of 3" Titaniums and Alternators appear to be way-delayed. And aside from Soundwave there's really nothing in stores that I want that I don't already own. At least it gives the wallet time to rest and relax after the holidays before June hits.
    DN

15. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

Yeah it saves me from running around hunting so much. Gas here is 2.35 right now expected to go up as it has been every 3 or 4 days now.

16. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Movie Megs eats your soul

News Credits:
    This is just the calm before the storm. I will agree that things have been rather light this year for this period of time (spring or not, usually there ARE more products appearing than this year).
    For comparion, Hasbro released barely 20 figures before Revenge of the Sith in 2005, in the same period in 2006, there were 30 figures PLUS the first repack assortment (adding another 12 or so)

Hasbro is going to promote the hell out of TF, and they are saving a LOT of these products for that big push in June.

17. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Thanks, I do what I can.

18. flux convoy

flux convoy RIP Botcon.

Ebay:
    I'm pretty caught up on stuff and not much of the movie product really grabs me. I know I'll end up with the leaders and maybe a couple real gear guys. The movie figures otherwise just leave me cold. I'm certainly not saying the're bad, they just don't seem appealing to me. I get the feeling the lull will be a bit longer for me than some. I alternately like this and hate that there isn't new stuff to buy. I do like that I can fill other gaps in the meantime though. BW anniversary stuff is preordered, Megs has been preordered forever now, TFCC figure shoud be here any day..... Yep things are falling into place.

19. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

I'm not minding the lul, however i would have liked to comlete the classics with devy and my alternators at retail(crossing fingers) before the movie stuff hits so all my cash is free to buy what I like from that line. I hate having loose ends hanging around ie rumble and ravage and classics devastator.

It is nice though having a break on my TF funds. This is the LEAST i have spent on TFs in a LONG time. Of course Old MP Megatron x2 is going to take a rather LARGE chunk of my TF money reserve.

20. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Per gallon or per liter?