New Primal and megatron

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Namekjohn, Feb 13, 2006.

1. Namekjohn

Namekjohn Namekimus Prime

News Credits:
    okay im tied on these new molds..

I love them, they look awsome. but my thing was i was realy hoping for something like what takara did for the 10th annerverasy primal and megs.

I would have perfered if they made these cybertron and brought the takara verisons out (especialy sense my primal broke and i missed out on megs)

2. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Nothin' except money keeping you from getting the Takara versions.

I'm still debating on getting the Takara remolds. They're really neat, but I don't really have the space to keep them on display, and given that, it's tough to justify paying a bundle to get admittedly only slightly different versions of toys I already have.

Hasbro's BW 10th anniversary toys are priced to move by comparison, and, while definitely not show-accurate by any stretch, are quite cool in their own right, Megatron especially. Optimus Primal doesn't look like a bad toy, but it is a little farther from the 'spirit' of Primal than it probably should've been. largely due to the flip-style transformation, which gave rather un gorilla-like robot mode proportions.

The Cybertron key gimmicks seem to be outside the figures themselves mostly, being on Primal's surfboard accessory and (I think) Megatron's tail.

I'm pretty big on Hasbro BW Megatron, with some wait-and-see for Primal.

3. GALVATOM

GALVATOM Well-Known Member

As homages they are terrible. I was really looking forward to some awsome show accurate beast leaders.

How ever, They do look awsome. I will definatly pick these molds up because they look very cool. Heck you could even say they are the pre-earth modes of Primal and Megs? mabey?

4. Pidgeot018

Pidgeot018 Pokécon

If anything, they look like what their Beast Machines forms should have looked like.

5. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James <b>The JUICE</b> TFW2005 Supporter

That is exactly what I thought when I saw them. Though primal; has a little look of Optimus Minor of Beast Wars.

6. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

.SentinelPrime Is Dead. Banned

I have both of the original primal and megs, so ill get these cause there different enough, but are still my two favorite leaders.

7. Blastwave

Blastwave Well-Known Member

Megs looks awesome and I'm definitely getting him. Primal on the other hand only looks good in robot mode. He looks like he has a crown and beard in ape mode. I'll probably still get him, but it's a little disappointing. I kind of like the surf board though... it's a nice tribute to TM Primal.

8. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Cincinnati
    I kinda like Megatron, but Primal looks like absolute ass!

9. Hook

Hook Out of Options Veteran

Facebook:
    That's because we saw the protos this weekend. The final painted version won't look as bad.

10. Nefud

Nefud Well-Known Member

so are we just supposed to guess what they look like? :)  Pics, please!

edit: oh my god, be careful what you wish for! :cry 

11. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Cincinnati
    Check the front page, there is a Gallery linked there

12. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    As I've said before, I think these are nice Cybertron homages to the BW leaders. Hasbro made them that way because they were affraid the 10th Anniversarry BW figures wouldn't move all that well and this way they could slide them right into Cybertron and we'd get the new moulds no matter what. And, to be honest, around the Tampa Bay area... wave 1 seems to be shelf warming like mad.

However, all that being said, they aren't very good BW toys. Their engineering and the like make them way different from the rest of the 10th Anniversarry line... and the rest of my BW display for that matter, however, I'm not complaining and will simply import the remoulds. They'll look good next to the rest of my BW figures.

And the new moulds will go with Cybertron. Megs can be schemeing to take Scourge's place and Primal can be one of Backstop's older and "wiser" students.

13. Nerd Bomber

Nerd Bomber Consulting your needs

I think they're both pretty 'meh'. I suppose my hopes went too high for them from all the hype they got from botcon.

14. Darth Megatron

Darth Megatron Don't tell Lucas!

I love them. I was not looking forward to more repaints, Show accurate or not, it is just paint, these are new toys, yeah!!

I honestly don't get why some people want the repaints. I don’t even have the originals, I have the universe Apache for OP and T-rex for megs. Unless of couse you don't have any of them, then you can complain.