New Plot Details From Josh Duhamel (Spoilersssss)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Chaos328, May 4, 2011.

1. Chaos328

Chaos328 Decepticon

News Credits:
    In a phone interview with the Ventura County Star, the actor lets on that he has only seen 30 minutes of footage from the movie but promises that this latest sequel will be vastly different from Revenge of The Fallen...in a good way of course.

On seeing footage of the movie
    It's pretty insane, it really is," Duhamel said by phone recently, of his partial preview. "It's just a really compelling action-packed and funny movie, with a really sort of human side to it.

Revenge Of The Fallen
    Michael, on this more so than the other two, was very specific in making sure he got everything he needed geographically. ... A lot of times we were so rushed, in the second one, especially, that we missed certain steps. 'Wait a minute, what just happened?

Plot of DOTM
    When asked what "Dark of the Moon" is about, Duhamel weighs what he can reveal. "What I can say is that it involves the Decepticons -- I know it sounds ridiculous even talking about this -- taking over and using humans beings as slaves, essentially, and that's kind of what we're fighting against.

2. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I see nothing new/compelling.

3. syclonefs

syclonefs Rogue-Prime

News Credits:
    Ok so lets take all of these plots from different people and compile them in to one flowing "understandable" plot. I'm not bashing DOTM. I'm stoked for it. just need a better understanding of whats going on cuz of way to may plot stories from all actors.

4. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ayyy..not much to spoil there. These guys can't reveal anything anyway, they'd be shot. :D 

5. Cyber Star

Cyber Star Why so Geewun, Loser?

human beings as slaves? but we're so useless compared to giant robots, why the hell would the decepticons want us? :lol 

6. cnic

cnic Decepticon

Make Energon from zee shard!!!!!

7. Chaos328

Chaos328 Decepticon

News Credits:

The part about the D-Cons wanting to use Humans as Slaves is new to me

8. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's a plot as old as G1..and would be logical if the Cons take over Earth, of course they would enslave the humans, then destroy both Earth and the human race.

9. MayerPrime

MayerPrime Mike

Maybe this "human slave" thing is like the Matrix? How the machines used the humans as energy (in this case energon).

10. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    its actually news to me, not big though. surprising, seeing as the cons in THIS movie seem to love killing humans ALOT AND RUTHLESSLY(from what we've heard already about the ppl who saw clips of the movie). kinda throws me off alot........ i thought they were over world domination...which it seems like that......but slaves? why kill em if they're gonna be slaves. it explains dylan(carly's boss) helping the cons. but what do the cons want with sam this time around???? .....yeah im thrown off alotttttt :confused: 

11. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    *worried*

I'm as hyped up about this new movie as the next guy thanks to the ominous & serious tones set by the trailers... but I remember also feeling that way about ROTF thanks to the trailers, and look how that turned out. I'm really hoping DOTM turns out to be the movie we all want it to be (and more), but whenever I see the words "funny" or "comedy" in quotes talking about it, I get nervous. Not passing any judgments yet though - just keeping my guard up.

12. Starscreamer69

Starscreamer69 Well-Known Member

I was actually about to say the same thing. The last bit really made me worry too : "compelling action-packed and funny movie, with a really sort of human side to it" , I thought Bay said this time around it would be more robot-centric?

13. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So, the U.S. is fed up with the Autobots, we ship 'em off.
    The Decepticons see this as their time to strike, come to Earth, free Shockwave from his prison, reactivate the Dreads, and start enslaving the world.
    Optimus and Sentinel meet, he must have the MechTech technology, imbues them with it, and the Autobots return to Earth for one bigass battle royale.

So far, that's what I've figured out so far.

If it's handled correctly, it could be fantastic, if not, it could be totally human centric like the first film, but much, much worse.

14. caldo15

caldo15 Banned

News Credits:
    Not even close

15. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Quit yer bitchin' and come up with one then.