New Planet Stand For Unicron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by x BlackMagnus x, Jan 13, 2011.

1. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
  2. Red Snarl

Red Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's great! Can't afford one at the moment though.

3. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wouldn't buy from this guy under any circumstance

Putting down somebody else's products to promote your own but ignoring the fact it was seven years ago and that unicron.com was one of the first companies to produce reasonibly priced 3rd party products for transformers

The unprofessional language

The made in the U.S.A. line

All very childish for a bland over priced piece of acrylic

4. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I agree but what's so wrong about being proud that it's made ini the USA?

5. Optimus_Prowl

Optimus_Prowl I'm the Goddamed Two-Face

News Credits:
    Well that stand looks pretty cool. I might need to get one if I ever finish my 86 Movie display.

6. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If showing how your product works better than the competitor turns you off, you must not buy much.

Admittedly, it's not the most polished presentation, but he's still right. I've owned the Unicron.com stand for years, and I've always been too nervous to display Unicron on it due to the issues he mentions.

7. SoundMaster

SoundMaster Likes RID Bulkhead.

News Credits:
    Looks great! Don't know if I want to drop $30 on it though...

8. MegaHavok

News Credits:
    Maybe i'm reading to much into it but the fact he bolded "good people" felt like a shot at all the other popular 3rd party TF companies being china based

It's not the act it's the style. Imagine if fans project promoted their stuff by saying "Yeah we had to go fix Hasbro's half-a$$ed $hit again. We fixed your toy again Fu<kers." I'm not bragging about the old unicron.com stand I didn't buy seven years ago for that same reason but there seamed little point to bring it up at all it hasn't been on the market in years and most newer fans wouldn't even know about it

9. blue death

blue death TokuNation Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i think ive seen this stand somewhere before but for the life of me i cant remember where at. I feel like I know a friend of the guy who designed this or some association like that. Either way it does look alot better than the Unicron.com one but it does seem a little tasteless to out and out call the Unicron one a "piece of shit"

10. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I can't believe people are whining about the guy's presentation. He tells it like it is, and I for one appreciate the honesty.

So he swears a little and calls a shit product what it is - a shit product. Boo freakin' hoo.

11. Rewind

Rewind Be Kind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Sanjeev is a great guy - one of the most intelligent people I've ever chatted with, honest and just an all-around good dude. I have full confidence in the man and that the stand will turn out exactly how he says it will. He's been planning it for a while, he's got the means to make a quality product and there's no way it'll come out half-assed. I don't have any interest in one (or any stand for Unicron) myself, but if I wanted one I wouldn't hesitate for a second.

12. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    its not the best presentation and frankly I'd rather he talk about the pro's and let that do the talking rather then talking about an old product in such a negative light. But the product it self looks nice and very sturdy

13. bigkid24

bigkid24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My biggest gripe is that it seems pretty one dimensional. Seems like there could have been a way to make it useful for displaying other toys or items. $30 is a little too much for me to only be able to display this one toy....well and maybe Primus but still.

14. MegaHavok

News Credits:
    1. Why is when somebody expresses a negative opinion you disagree with it's whining?
    2. He is selling a product on the internet so presentation is EVERYTHING. I explained why his presentation put me off from wanting his product.
    3. Honesty is one thing but I'm talking about having class when discussing another companies product

15. Miggytron

Miggytron Slag Sucking Saurian

It definitely looks sturdy enough but it's ugly IMO. It makes Unicron look like the plant, Audrey 2 from Little Shop of Horrors.

16. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd like to buy that but for 30 + shipping.... not going to happen anytime soon! I do want it however...

17. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I don't think it's that people disagree, it that he comes off as an incredible asshole by putting down other people's work. Nobody wants to buy from somebody who comes off as hostile and arrogant. He can be hostile and arrogant, that's up to him, but when you're trying to sell a product it comes of as as a pretentious blowhard who can't come up with any decent selling points so he just bashes the competition. (as it were) A lot of people these days still respect class from people selling product these days. They listen to people who treat others with respect and dignity (even if they don't deserve it) because it's the nice and proper thing to do. To buyers it shows them the kind of service they would be treated with. If you act like an jerk when you're marketing your product why would anyone want to buy from you?

It's not a matter of if he's right or wrong, but how he acts here and how it reflects the kind of person he is to deal with to those who haven't dealt with him.

As for his product it looks really good. Simple yet effective and very attractive on a shelf. It also looks sturdy as hell, too. Shame he had to market it in such an unattractive fashion.

18. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    looks nice but $30 plus shipping seems high to me.

19. Rewind

Rewind Be Kind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The thing is he's not hostile, arrogant or a jerk - but I can see where the verbiage he chooses makes people think that, especially those that are unfamiliar with him. Something to understand is he never went into this with the intention of making it a big production, but just as something for himself and anyone that was interested. I remember him posting about getting the old stand for the recent Takara Unicron and being so disappointed with it that he said (more or less), "I should just make my own damn stand. Anyone else want one?" Basically the way it's being presented is the way he would talk about it with his friends - because that's primarily who its being made for. He's not trying to win as many customers as possible. If he was genuinely interested in making this a large-scale project available to the Transformers fandom as a whole he would be here talking about it himself as he's well aware of this forum. If people here don't want one I sincerely doubt he's going to care at all.

20. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Oh, I don't want anyone to think I'm saying he is any of that. I'm saying, as you are, that attacking another company's product combiend with his verbiage can easily make people think that.

This is much more understandable, but the point still remains he's coming off as extremely brash and unlikable. I'm sure many more people would be interested if he didn't seem so... sour.