New photos of Cybertron Unicron and BW 10th Primal

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Nevermore, May 12, 2006.

1. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    I think Primal's resemblance to Cornelius from PotA is a big plus!

2. Belgrath

Belgrath Boom! Nutshot!

Unicron looks great, but for Primal... well, he looks like crap.

3. unafraid

unafraid Banned

Ebay:
    Then you haven't seen a lot of TFs in your life I guess.

4. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

Unicron is pretty cool. Might get him. Despite lack of having weapons outside the surfboard thing, I still want to pick Primal up. When I get him, I think I might do something about those red fingers, maybe grey would look good.

5. Bahamut Prime

Bahamut Prime Even Kaiba supports 'em!

Nice! Unicron makes me think of a mutated version of Tankorr for some reason...

6. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

I don't know....I'm not too sure I like that Unicron design much. Maybe if he looked....I don't know...less stupid I could except this desecration. But right now, he just looks bad. Primal, I'm 'iffy' about as well.

7. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

But whining and transfandom go together like milk and cookies.

8. G Saber

G Saber Member

Regardless of peoples right to opinions.....:D 
    This Primal beast mode is the worst!!!
    A big disappointment!
    Unicron has some cool ass shades though!:rock 

9. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Definately intending to Import Unicron, and if Primals surfboard turns into a rocket launcher he can use like a proper rocket launcher, (Y'know, with it resting on the shoulder and held at the front), I'll be getting him, and anniversary Megatron as well because hes just awesome.

10. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Took me a minute to understand Primal's board. the key makes the panel shift out of the way, revealing the missile launch trigger. Can't say I'm really feelin' it - looks more like a broken surfboard than a weapon to me. Oh well, I rarely get TFs for their accessories anyway.

Unicron ... I'm gonna need to see in person.

11. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Unicron looks great to me, now I'll have a Unicron better than the happymeal version :D 

Primal...I'm not sure. If the bot mode is really good I think I'll pick him up.

12. MTaylor1974

MTaylor1974 a.k.a. Erradicus Prime

Ebay:
    Feel free to call it narrow-mindedness. The simple fact is that I have taste and an expectation that the manufacturer should as well. Unlike a lot of people I see post in here, I think Hasbro/Takara should be held to standards, and not praised for every crappy figure they put a faction symbol on.

13. MTaylor1974

Ebay:
    So I have noticed a lot of people are intimidated by my comments. I want to point out that no one was being "flamed". The industrial accident comment was not an insult, simply a suggested out for being a non-discriminating collector. I wasn't aware that people were so delicate on here. Trust me, if I had intended to commit to a personal attack, my comments would have been far more pointed and impolite. I would not attack a person for their opinion, but I will comment at will on an opinion that I feel dilutes, simplifies, and/or shames the genre.

If more people spoke up, there is an ever so slight chance that the right people might take notice. I know… I know... You think I am kidding myself. If that is the case, then explain Hasbro's letter of apology to the consumers for the first Beast Machines Primal. They only received about 120 letters out of the 300,000 or so units that went to market, but those voices were still heard.

Finally, I don't care how many posts some people have in excess of my handful. Just because they came across the site sooner, or because they have more free time on their hands, does not make them any different than anyone else. It especially does not exclude them from having their opinions called into question when someone is of a mind to contradict.

14. MTaylor1974

Ebay:
    I think that is a bit of a stretch. I did read those bios, and all they told me was that there is no one approving consistency of voice.

Obviously you are referring to "Now, he has returned, and his battle with the MAXIMAL leader rages across the multiverse!"

Primal's bio places him in line with the other bios, Megatron's is the only one with additional context. I think this is more oversight than intent.

Also, there is nothing techno-organic about their bodies. They are plate-heavy and extremely robotic in both forms.

I'm not saying that both figures are horrible. The Megatron is actually kind of interesting. But that Optimus Primal is just so bad it hurts.

15. ArmadaSideswipe

ArmadaSideswipe Well-Known Member

If that WASN'T you flaming... I don't want to see what IS your flaming...

Post count actually has nothing to do with it, I agree. However, I didn't see anyone picking on YOU for having an opinion; they were only firing at you for YOUR picking tactics. I could say "Are you blind?" because you DON'T like the Primal, and it would be the same thing. Do not act like your opinions are somehow more special than anyone else's, as that's the quickest way to get people to hate you. I know, as I've had it happen to me before. Try to stand in someone else's place sometime. See how it would feel. But hey, now that you've been retaliated against, it seems you don't like it very much at all, considering your retort. You even think people are "intimidated" by your comments, rather than just thinking that you're being a jerk. Me? It's just your most recent comment that irks me. I don't think you're a jerk, just a guy who doesn't understand.

Aaaand for the record, I like Armada Sideswipe, botched elbows and all. Points to name. I'm in the deep minority on that one, but people aren't going to change their opinions just because you want them to. You have to consider that you might be 'wrong' sometimes, too.

EDIT: I understand, MTaylor...

16. MTaylor1974

Ebay:
    Well, two of the ugliest in a while anyways...

17. MTaylor1974

Ebay:

18. Wheels

Wheels Cammy's Boy Toy

WOOOAAAH!!! [​IMG]

Unicron's chest chompers does open!!! :rock 
    MWA HA HA HA HA HA! :ev:  Cyber key gimmick goodness! :cool: 

This Unicron WILL BE MINE!!!! :ev: 

19. Tfgraveyard

Tfgraveyard Not a Fan of the Fans

News Credits:
    What letters? First i've heard of that.

And for the record, I do like BM primal. One of my favorite figures. And also for the record, I don't buy every single tf that hasbro puts out.

20. Tfgraveyard

Tfgraveyard Not a Fan of the Fans

News Credits:

Taste is subjective. Just because you think something is "bad", that does not make it so.