new peter parker in spiderman 4?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lumpy, Apr 13, 2007.

1. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Linkification
    not sure how i feel about this....but if tobey decides not to come back, then this could be fun. and if tobey decides to come back for a 5th installment, they can just say 4th was ben reilly instead.....

2. unicron's blues

unicron's blues I need to get rich!

Eh, chances are if he doesn't do 4 he sure won't do 5, seems pretty stupid not to do these though as there about as automatic as it gets, not to mention the paycheck.

3. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    sorry, i meant if he chose not to do 4, then realized his mistake and tried to come back for #5....

4. Mr. Jiggles

Mr. Jiggles loves your mother.

More interweb bullshit...

5. Los

Los Now you see me...

Ebay:
    I think that after 3 I will be done. I mean really, what else can be done to top Venom. I know that there are some great Spidey villians out there, but Venom is one of the best, if not the best. And to bring him out in 3 says a lot for the franchise under Rami. Plus from the trailer you can tell that one of the main characters dies anyway. So I understand why some of the actors, and possibly Rami, are choosing to walk away now. Rami is the main reason why Spidey Movies are so good anyway.

I would rather it end then have an immediate second trilogy of Spidey movies that get worse in terms of plot or direction. I would love to see the Spidey franchise on the shelf for a few years and then have Sony come back and do something really big like a Sinister 6 movie with Rami. But that won't happen...too much money to be made in marketing, toys, etc. for Sony not to roll right into Spidey 4.

6. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    Yeah, forget about Spiderman 4. I want Iron Man, Captain America and Thor.

7. Los

Los Now you see me...

Ebay:
    Yeah, it would be great to let those movies pan out and possibly end up in some big Avengers movie. I am looking forward to Downey's Iron Man.

BTW that link at the top also has the Spidey trailer shown with 300. It is my favorite trailer so far 'cuz it has more Topher.

8. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    actually, hes keeping it open just to see how much dough the studio shove in his face.

9. MrBigFeathas

MrBigFeathas My rocket pack?!?

As probably the biggest Spidey fan on this site at least... I would love a new actor to play Spidey. Tobey is an ok Peter Parker but an awful Spider-Man IMO. Spidey doesn't come off as the witty wise-ass he is when Tobey is playing him.

As far as villains...Venom isn't even in my top 10. I think great movies could be made using Mysterio, the Lizard, the Chameleon, Electro, Kraven, Spider-Slayers, etc.

10. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

More than one does.

I'm not a big fan of Tobey, he's done okay but his size just doesn't fit Spiderman to me. I think its just him trying to milk more money.

As for a fourth Spiderman, I would expect Lizard and Carnage as the villians. Connor's been in all the movies so far and he retains a piece of the symbiote before it bonds with Parker and Brock. This could be used to explain why Carnage is the least Spiderman like of the villians. I just wish there wasn't such a long delay between films. I don't want them coming so fast that it just burns out but I'm also so into them that I want more.

11. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Perfect By Nature

News Credits:
    As long as it's not Maguire, I'm fine with it. He's the most boring actor ever. Spider-Man is supposed jumping around spouting out quips and one-liners, not sounding like someone who's been working at a suicide prevention center for 1 year too many.

12. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hmm. They're finally wising up and replacing Tobey? Well, it's about damned time...

...and if Venom comes back for another instalment... they need to kick Topher out too.

It'd be easy to top Venom. Sinister Six, Carnage, Spider Slayers... hell, they've already introduced Doc Conners so doing Lizard would be easy. No, Venom isn't the greatest Spider-Man villain ever. Just one of the most recognizable.

As far as character death it just looks like the inevitable "death of Gwen Stacey". To bad too. The movie franchise should have gone and killed off MJ just to swing things differently from the comics.

13. MrBigFeathas

MrBigFeathas My rocket pack?!?

Bryce Dallas Howard would have been great as Mary Jane. Instead we get her as Gwen and Dunst as MJ. Dunst definitely doesn't have the "wow" factor that MJ should have.

14. Los

Los Now you see me...

Ebay:
    Not sure you can make a whole movie about Spidey and the Lizard. Consider Rami did with Spidey 2 with just Doc Ock. That was great but to follow that up with Sandman, Harry-Goblin and Venom in 3...you can't go backwards and just have Spidey against one villain like the Lizard. I would much rather see a Venom Movie with Topher on the run than an immediate Spidey 4 movie.

Venom maybe the most recognizable to Spidey fans, but not to the movie public. Most people that don't even know who Venom is.

I would look again to see who the main character is that dies...it does not look like Gwen.

15. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Jake Gyllenhaal as Peter, FTW.

16. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

ha you could pretty much not have to worry about continuity, theyre pretty much the same person with varying facial hair

17. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

I'll say that no innocents die in Spiderman 3. I so want to spoil it for everyone, not to be a dick but just because I'm just so dissapointed in it and want to talk about it (other than to my wife who keeps telling me to drop it)..

18. unicron's blues

unicron's blues I need to get rich!

I agree, I think Dunst is highly overrated as an actress and just doesnt scream MJ to me, and I also think with Spideys long rogues gallery, it wouldnt be hard to come up with some other good villains, Mysterio for one I think would be great. I also agree that Tobey is not the greatest choice for Spider Man, he just has like no personality or anything to him.

19. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm all for another actor as well. Keep up the same quality or near it and I'll keep watching. I'd love to see Electro, Mysterio, Rhino, The Lizard, Scorpion, Carnage or Kraven... or Hydro-man.. etc

20. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

My thoughts exactly. They'll offer him a huge check and he'll be in it.