New Peter Cullen Interview [June 8th 2007] (But more of the same really)

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tr4nce, Jun 8, 2007.

1. Tr4nce

Tr4nce TrancEaddict

News Credits:
    Source: Comingsoon.net --> http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=5822

I like the part where he says that he was speechless the first time he saw Optimus on screen.

2. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

"when I watched Optimus for the first time and the beeps went off to signal me to speak I was speechless. My jaw kind of hung down. I went "oh wow." And they rolled it again and I was speechless still because I'm gawking at it and it was rather humorous. I had to apologize – "I'm sorry guys but this is awesome." So that's how that went"

Wow. that must have been very humbling fr him.

3. MADAM_MEG

MADAM_MEG Well-Known Member

Read from the several interviews with Peter, he is a nice guy. :thumb 

But just really wonder why even Peter also haven't even heard Megatron (Hugo's voice) and how could they give the right voice emotion to corresponding when they are play opposite? :peoples: 

4. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    Forget about Peter Parker, it's all about Peter Cullen now. Because Optimus Prime will be "man" of the year in 2007. No doubt about it.

5. MADAM_MEG

Robot-man of the year !!! Agree!!! ;)  and mine is also "Ironhide" he is another one of my Robot-man and my badass Megs too.

6. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would love to have been in the room to hear that.

7. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

when optimus prime himself is in awe of optimus prime, you KNOW it's going to be a pee your pants type of movie

8. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    I think He was getting paid to use the Word "Wonderful" when describing Bay. hehe, but really it was an amazing interview. most fans can agree at this point he's the driving force behind a lot of us being excited for this film.

9. OptimalCanadian

OptimalCanadian Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Such a humble human being; the perfect Optimus Prime!

10. Solid Alexei

Solid Alexei Secret Operative

News Credits:
  11. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I thought it was a really great interview. Superhero hype.com did I think one of the best jobs yet of being fairly netural so there wasn't this feeling of you have to love the movie because we do or you have to hate movie because we do. A top notch job as well of giving Cullen some really good questions instead of just throwing soft ball questions. So many thanks to Superhero hype.com for how they pulled off the interview.

And Cullen, I mean what can you say about him because he is the man. The best bit had to be:

"Well I put myself in their shoes. Everybody has a sentimental attachment to things in life and things change. I don't know quite how to put it but if I had an old car that I grew up with and every year it just gets older and older and older, things change with it and for the better. A company comes out with a new tire and I put the tire on and the car handles better and it's still the same car and it still has the same sentiment to it, but things just got better, a new engine, things like that. I think that's happening with the "Transformers," and I think the basic sense of the Transformers is still there. I don't think fans will be disappointed because after all it's an emotional attachment and I think a lot of the emotions are still being honored so hopefully that's going to be the general conception."

It would be great if more people involved with the movie or being supporters of the movie could take such a move of saying I see why you might have your reservations about the film but here is why I think you are going to like it. Not you have to like it, you have to accept it, but this is why you should give it a fair chance.

Cullen is the man so if nothing else at least between the movie and the video game a really great voice actor is getting the props he so richly deserves. And yet he still somehow remains such a great guy without a bit of ego to him.

12. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

Good one for Cullen. :) 

13. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Well, Pete's a pro, so I'm sure it all turned out fine. His acting on Optimus will probably be one of the best parts of the movie.

14. IamPRIMUS

IamPRIMUS God among mortals

It's amazing to hear someone like Peter Cullen (who is a hero to us who love the franchise) who was the voice of one of the greatest characters of all time, be so humbled like that. It's amazing, I have to agree with you all about the interview, frantastic.

15. Faust

Faust Bring on da wimmens!

frantastic? Can't say that I've heard that expression before, haha.

Excellent intreview though, would we expect anything less from Mr. Cullen? He's a true great.

16. DarkCode

DarkCode The Over-Lurker

Peter Cullen is just one of those guys I want to give a high-five to. He seems so nice!

17. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    Peter Cullen is by far the greatest voice actor of the 80's I thought the interview was amazing esp the part where he tells that his jaw dropped i would have loved to been a fly on the wall to watch his reaction

18. MADAM_MEG

Yeah... Peter did for sure..

I know it possible to do the voice seperate but that kind of work is like the voice actors just talking to themself, I mean why there is no voice collaborations work which that is a kind of more sound like team work for me...

I can understand from what was Peter said even him still not know yet what is their voices sound like!!!!! consider as time only about just 3 weeks from now,this film will be release.

I wonder for that other voice works ,filmmakers still keep this secret even to Peter!!!!

19. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

Enthusiasts of the movie HAVE been saying "Give it a fair chance since the begining. It's only because it's Peter Cullen saying it that the message makes sense. When everyone else save for Peter Cullen was saying "Give it a chance" or "The basic sense of Transformers is still there" such people would be called "plants" or "spin doctors"

Maybe movie enthuisasts could've used a nicer tone. But on that same token Detractors could've too. And the way I see it if you give a harsh tone, expect to recieve it back