New PerfectEffect products

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Cheem The Rup, Oct 19, 2010.

1. Stuntastic

Stuntastic Well-Known Member

Who has the "Frenzy/Rumble" two pack, for the lowest price?

Since Rewind and Eject are coming out, I'm going to give in to a 3rd party. Might as well start with these little badasses.

2. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    My deal is this:

If I buy Hasbro Reflector, I only intend to buy one, because army building is for rich collectors and politicians. So, that's only $12.99 or so.

PE's Reflector, going by their previous products, is probably going to be awesome as shit, tiny as hell, and expensive as fuck.

I guess it just comes down to which one I end up liking more.

3. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hell man its up to you but i just couldnt do with one bot its either three or nothing for me i can echo the concern this may be prohibitiveley expensive possibly working out at $25 per figure plus postage judging from the price of kingbat and ninja also it may be the case these are more expensive due to there size

However in my case a deluxe costs $25 in the uk so the only extra i would be paying is postage and i get a brand new mold (possibly 3) even though a little smaller which seems like a good deal to me

4. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    He does?

5. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I'm sort of a surprised that Hasbro never made more use of the idea of Device Transformers like the Real Gear Robots, Scalpel, & Ejector.

Especially as Shutter Gun and friends could be made out of some of those Real Gears that are things like a Phone, Video Camera and Still Camera as some sort of 3 pack or part of the same assortment, with maybe that Videogame Controller repainted and sold as Beast Box as well.

Considering both of the Transformers movies so far have small Device Transformers in them it seems odd that that part of the Movie Franchise is so under developed even if it's something as simple as using the Real Gears in gift sets as one of the characters or repainting them in future Scout waves.

It's a nice idea to have a Reflector, be it third part or Hasbro.

What is the story on news of a Hasbro Reflector I didn't know they were planning on making one..

6. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Hasbro's Reflector is going to be their Perceptor with a new head.

7. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    I think I'm gonna wait and see on the PE Reflector. They've been doing some great stuff as of late; I can't wait to see more of their Soundwave, too. It'll probably be woefully expensive, but such is the cost of cool shit.

I'll probably still buy Hasbro Reflector as well, as I'm going hardcore completist with Generations.

8. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Now that I'm home I can check my memory and there are grooves for rear tires but not the front.

9. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Rewind and Eject look nice, but I'll just wait for Hasbro to do them as a repaint/retool of their Rumble/Frenzy mold and save some money. Not interested in the beasts.

That weapons set could be interesting, though. Maybe I'll consider it when we get some more information about it.

10. Zherbus

Zherbus In Shogo Hasui, we trust.

News Credits:
    I buy what I like. I'm spending more on 3rd party stuff now. But that's just because what I want is being made. I don't care what company gets my money, I just want what I want.

Also, look at all of those pics of Shadow Commander carrying around Drag Strip and what not.

11. kaos

kaos the original thirteen

how can u not like the magnus trailer from FP..that thing is 8x's better than any hasbro trailer that ever came out.u got to at least give credit where its due.i would support hasbro alot more also instead of buying 3rd party stuff if they would bring us new molds and new ideas instead of all these repaints and half/rehashed designed bots..i know we got these new toy lines coming out w/new molds but i hate it when hasbro just reuses an already exciting mold and calls it a new bot...to me it just screams laziness..kind of like my typing lol..but i dont get paid for my typing skills and these fools get paid to produce toys....these 3rd party guys are taking it to these big so called toy companies..i mean look at what these guys ask for their product and people still buy it...this should be a message to hasbro that the fans are willing to pay for AWESOME products..all hasbro has to do is provide us with the product...but untill then THESE SO CALLED 3rd PARTY companies continue to outshine ur beloved hasbro on every front when it comes to transformers IMO..and dont worry i'll buy enough from them that they wont miss ur business...L8s..

NO DOUBT....keep it up 3rd party companies...i finally feel like a company finally see's what the fans truely really want...and thats bad@$$ ROBOTs....L8s...

Last edited: Oct 19, 2010
  12. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    I'm sure it matters little, but I, and many others, are buying all of Generations. I'd say that Hasbro's doing fine, and they're putting out quite a lot of awesome products.

I've nothing against third-party stuff; they rock turbohard, but they are expensive. Like, damn son, I could buy two waves of Generations for the price of a City Commander.

For me, that's an easy choice.

13. kaos

kaos the original thirteen

i feel ya..they are pricey..BUT DAMN DO THEY LOOK SUPER SWEET!!!!!!!!!..and hasbro fills my need for bots..but it just seems more often than not everytime i say man i got to have this bot its from a third party company...but hasbro like a old fighter gets its jabs in there as well(w/ mp rodimus/hotrod ect)..so all my bases are covered...

14. ALPHAMAGNUS

ALPHAMAGNUS I identify as an amalgamated Firetruck/Semi Veteran

News Credits:
    I skimmed through the 8 pages, has anyone else nticed the big gun on the right...it's a tripod.

nm, someone else noticed. I hate it when you read a thread and miss the posts pertaining to your inquiry.

if these are shadow commanders with add-ons i 'll pass

15. vincheng2k5

vincheng2k5 Beast Wars movie = dream come true

I hope Rewindor and Ejector don't suffer the quality control issues that Rumble and Frenzy did. And whose to say Hasbro won't retool their Generations Frenzy and Rumble or make their own Eject and Rewind in the future?

I have Music Label Soundwave, but I still want Hasbro to make that video recorder Soundwave design they had awhile back. (At least I think it was a video recorder.) It used mini-cards, which could be an updated version of the cassette bots.

16. PyjamaPrime

PyjamaPrime Wreck and/or Rule

"They went for Sundor and Howlback instead of Steeljaw and Ramhorn? Did PerfectEffect release any Laserbeak or Ravage figures I'm not aware of?"

they haven't exactly been going with G1 accurate sets (Ratbat vs. Rosanna), so i don't expect these packs to include the 'expected' characters. i can see why they're going with Sundor and Howlback (what makes that Howlback? it's a box!!) instead of Lazerbeak and Ravage... those two have multiple releases in the forms of G1, Real Gear Robots and Universe 2.0.

PE seems to be going for the obscure and unloved characters first so the hardcore collector can expand on they're "Cassette" armies before replacing Lazerbeak and Ravage from the get-go. i liked Rumble/Frenzy as a start, cause they're well-known, but they haven't had proper toys since G1 (same with Ratbat and Eject/Rewind, but less known). Rosanna and Sundor were KISS Players, so they're prolly really expensive and this is a good alternative (i would have liked Glit instead of Howlback, but oh well). Howlback's just an obscure use of the mold so they don't have to use Ravage yet.

17. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    The Kiss Players and Cobalt Sentries sets aren't that expensive.

18. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    I'm digging rewind and eject. The bird bot not so much though. I love the basic design, just the wings seem way too big and obtrusive. If they shortened them and rounded them off more, I might be more inclined to accept them.

19. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just to make it clear again the blue pack thing is the alternate form of the bird

20. GNX 0014 Purity

GNX 0014 Purity Well-Known Member

Who are the other 2 a bird and lion i think. I realy want to get them:drool: