New Packaging, Same Product

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Zigholtul, Sep 21, 2012.

1. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    Ha,I remember him.Though can you refresh my memory how that whole suicide thing ended?

2. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    I don't even remember. I just remember he made vague threats about it, and then another member said he showed up a few days later. Probably just making a very theatrical ragequit.

Some people get wayyyyy to wound up in this stuff.

3. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    Well, Transformers are some serious business after all :D 

4. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Oh, undoubtedly. I'm a fan of the movies, but I'd be lying if I said I expect anything other than the same rehashed formula. Granted, I perfectly okay with the formula, but there's virtually no chance in hell that the movie will be vastly different in tone or anything than the previous three. Government cover-up, some sweet car chases, explosions, final battle with Optimus and the military killing everything, etc..

I hope I'm wrong and they try to do something different, but I'm not holding my breath.

:lol 

5. RyLegacy

RyLegacy Well-Known Member

I agree with you. I am hoping for something better, but I am also a huge fan of the movies and really enjoy the formula we have received. If it hadn't been for the movies, I wouldn't care about this franchise at all.

6. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    If they somehow managed to cover up what happened in Chicago, I don't give a fuck what the explanation is, I'm walking out of the movie. I couldn't believe they managed a cover up between TF07 and RotF, but after the Decepticons decimated and occupied a human city, a major trading capital none the less, with space ships and air fleets.....it would take mass hypnosis or that giant neuraliser thing from Men in Black to make that even start to make sense.

7. RyLegacy

RyLegacy Well-Known Member

I have to agree lol! As big of a fan as I am of the movies, one of the points that really irked me was the cover-up of the Mission City battle. If that happens concerning Chicago, I will scream "are you fucking kidding me?" in the theater, tho I think it is HIGHLY unlikely they will do that. The world is aware of the Transformers on Earth and people seem to be generally handling it pretty ok... except Bill O' Reilly.... although a lot of shit pisses him off.

8. TylerMirage

News Credits:
    By "government cover-up", I wasn't referring to them covering up the events of Chicago or anything, just as an FYI. I was moreso referring to things like hiding the AllSpark in the Hoover Dam, S7 files on Seekers, NASA/space program and the moon landing" and whatnot. That kind of "cover-up". The movies may make some dumb decisions, but after all of the effort they've gone through to basically say "Yeah, these Transformers exist and they're not hiding anymore", I honestly can't see them trying to cover up Chicago.

9. Metroplex79

Metroplex79 Hey mouse, say cheese!

I'd expect more of the same. I'm predicting we'll see these "new" things:

-GI Joe would make an appearance :p  :wink: 
    -Bigger Cons for the Bots to fight
    -Smaller Cons for the humans to fight (established with RotF's Ravage's gargled babies, think SG-1 vs Replicators combat scene)
    -A random Con dodges one of Optimus' blasts, which kill a fellow Bot behind it, enrages Optimus even more
    -Optimus picks up a dead Con to use as a...for a lack of better term, human-shield
    -female human as the main character
    -introduces Key to Vector Sigma and Plasma Energy Chamber

But for sure there'll be more action DotM, 3-D, and maybe 3 min longer than DotM.

10. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    We are so getting the same crap again.

11. Chris James

Chris James Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    New toliet, same sh#t

12. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Well, yeah, of course it will be. ROTF was profitable, so they stuck with essentially the same formula for DOTM, which was also profitable. Why wouldn't they stick with what works?

13. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Because the fans will hate it :p 

14. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Oh, well that's fine I suppose. Mind you I've got this great image in my head of Optimus and the President just sort of chilling on the White House lawn, I like to think that's how they met.

15. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Well if we were the only ones willing to pay money to see it, that would probably be an issue, but...

16. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Ah man, you killed my joke regarding the fandom's innate urge to hate things with your financial logic!

Curses, foiled again! *flies off in the Metamobile*

17. TylerMirage

News Credits:
    Optimus: "So, you're the President of the United States, huh?"
    Obama: "Yep."
    Optimus: "The leader of the America?"
    Obama: "Uh-huh."
    Optimus: "Mmm."
    Optimus: "So where do you keep your collection of faces?"
    Obama: "What in the heck?!?!"
    Optimus: "Oh, so this- uh. This isn't something that leaders do?"
    Obama: "What is wrong with you?!"
    Optimus: "Well, this is awkward."

On a more serious note, I'm a firm proponent that the scene from the DotM novelization where Optimus meets the President at an airbase would be hella cool to see. Optimus, walking on the tarmac, sparks stirring up from his feet. The bodyguards weary of him. Optimus leaning down to discuss things with the President. Saluting each other. Mmm. Awesome. :bay 

18. Alooulla

Alooulla Decepticon

I've said it before but i i think its worth repeating. The first movie was a bit of a flawed gem. I think most of us could agree that it was pretty decent, with reasonable characterisation. Yeah there was toilet humour but not too much, and the balance of power was about right. Remember how hard it was to take out each Decepticon, except perhaps Blackout.
    Something bad really happened after movie one though, and i'd struggle to say what.

19. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    There's always this from the very first UK Transformers annual:
    [​IMG]

20. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

A some point the general public gets tired of things. It seems in the US that the general public is just starting to move on to something else since Dark of the Moon sold less tickets in the US than Revenge of the Fallen. How long it will take for international numbers to start dropping is anyone's guess.

It's impossible to say how many films it will take but at some point people will get so tired of them that the franchise will either need a reboot or time out from the constant releases to get popular again. Although if Marvel can crank out a few more films like Avengers, DC can get it's act together and a few other new franchises set a new bar for entertainment then the same thing with Transformers will get old much quicker. Just a matter of time before Transformers has it's Batman and Robin moment.