New Packaging, Same Product

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Zigholtul, Sep 21, 2012.

1. Zigholtul

Zigholtul I am the Waffle Maker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Anyone else feel like we're bound for more of the same? At first I liked the films, from the good scores by Steve Jablonsky to the amazing cgi sequences involving the robots and even to this day I still love the look of the characters themselves. It makes it even more saddening to realize that all of these aspects are part of a movie franchise where a director doesn't give two shits about any of the characters and instead prefers to humps the military and makes them more or less more threatening than the Decepticons. How in the flying Dutchman did they manage to conquer Cybertron, a planet that's more technologically advanced beyond anything the human could begin to comprehend and yet on plant Earth they're reduced to mere cannon. I really want to remain positive about all of this, however with 3 movies finished and with Michael Bay continuing onward with Transformers 4 it feels like we'll be experiencing more of what ticked off so many others...... and we're stupid enough to pay for the damn movie ticket.

2. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I predict some more of the same. Megatron's going to get revived, there isn't going to be some brand new interesting villain like well all hope for an expect. It'll be a lot of human drama that nobody gives two shits about, and barely any robot scenes.

Sure, DOTM was a lot better than ROTF, but I doubt TF4 is going to raise the bar. Unless we get brand new writers, directors, etc. I doubt we'll see a Transformers movie worth it's massive production budget.

If they can make a Transformers movie that the general public likes and the critics will praise, like The Dark Knight, it will be a great day indeed, but as long as Michael Bay only cares about money it's not going to happen. Bay says it's his last, but when they have that giant million dollar check in his face... yeah, he'll be back.

3. Astrotrain52

Astrotrain52 Former Green Kool-aider

^ Pretty much the above. I can't see the movies improving much if Ehren Krueger is still on board as one of, if not the sole, writer of the script. A more likable human cast and filtering out the bizzaro-robot sterotypes might help out.

It's a movie about giant robots, and I'm not expecting Shakespeare. Hell I'm not even expecting plot as good as the worst Harry Potter movie. But I'd like to see a little less of "holy shit, this is the 4th MacGuffin from Cybertron that just happened to make it's way to Earth. Let's fight over it, revive Megatron, and obliterate a city in the process." Just focusing on the Bots vs Cons conflict for a movie would be nice. Maybe a little bit more on how Cybertronian presence on Earth affects humans other than blowing up a city; something a little bit more covert but still dangerous.

4. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

My thoughts on the movies after DOTM exactly:lol 

5. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Cannot Hold Weapon

News Credits:
    You know what? They need to set it in the 80s. That would qualify as a re-imagining in my book.

There would be a legitimate reason for Soundwave to be a tape deck. And one of the Autobots could transform into a DeLorean.

6. spartan 3764

spartan 3764 Yellow ♡ TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Dude an Autobot could Transform into a DeLorean today and it would still kick ass

7. JetFormers

JetFormers « Ultima Ratio Hecate »

News Credits:
    Lol..I still remember seeing the behind the scenes of DOTM on Blu-ray, and they were like..."It's better to see a character falling in love instead of being in love." I was like.....What? Like I really care about Sam's relationship in any of the movies, but whatever...I mean it's not like anyone that worked on the films cares about the characters besides Hasbro I guess. If this 4th film can blow my mind away after walking out that theater with a huge grin on my face I'll be a proud man and say "Yup..That was better than the Avengers"...But it will most likely won't happen.

8. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

Everything he's said about TF4 he said about TF3. Drastically different tone, going to be his last, characters disappearing with new guys appearing out of nowhere. TF4 is going to suck just as hard as DOTM and there is no way I'm going to pay to see it.

9. Avengers

Avengers Banned

All the negatives that ruined the first three live action TF movies are gonna ruin the TF4 movie. like potty bathroom humor. amateur actors as the stars. perverted & wacky parents. dozens upon humans stealing all the dialogue & scree time while the robots barely get in a few words of dialogue. the dialogue with be corny,cheesy & outdated. there will be stereo types mocking with the humans & robots. the need for some nerds to get overly bashed will be done to the over extents. there will be a few overly annoying super tiny robots that get more dialogue words & screen time compared to the bigger robots.

10. spartan 3764

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    notice the xplosins in the background.

11. TNG Prime

TNG Prime TNG Prime IS a title!

Every TF has had the same basic plot. Two sides, goal, big battle over it every single time. Not just the movies.

All this hate is making me lose faith in humanity as a whole.

12. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    The fact that people disliking very mediocre movies makes you lose faith in humanity says more about you then anything else. It's a little concerning.

13. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

I just hope TF4 has more gorgeous transformations for me to fawn over. Things like Blackout's ominous conversion, Devastator's brutal fusion or Optimus rising up majestically would make me super happy :D 

14. spartan 3764

News Credits:
    dude i gave up along time ago

15. soundwaverulls

When has anyone complained about that? All I've seen is complaints about bad acting, awful dialog, too many sexual references, poor characterization and low screen time for the Transformers and nonthreatening Decepticons that get taken down by small amounts of humans with handheld weapons.

16. JackWheel

JackWheel JackWheel FTW

News Credits:
    I'll start discussing when I see the movie trailer. You guys THINK you know everything about the 4th movie, but I believe hasbro when they the 4th one is going a NEW cast.

17. soundwaverulls

Is anyone who likes the films actually going to listen to the complaints or is everyone just going to keep making up stupid complaints and claim we who don't like the films say them?

18. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Ah, someone is forgetting Beast Wars, yes. Well and good chunk of other great moments in Transformers history. G1 yes two sides neatly broken into a untied Autobot front and a united Decepticon front since Starscream came sniveling back to Megatron each time. But since Beast Wars we have had factions breaking off from the two main camps of Autobots and Decepticons.

For Transformers 4 I can go ahead and make the prediction that the Decepticons need the latest Mcguffin to show up on Earth. The first time the new Decepticons show up they will kick the butt of some nameless human extras in the film but then lose their ability to put up a fight. Prime and Bumblebee will hog up most of the Autobot time in the film. A token Autobot, possibly two will die. By the end of the film Prime, Bumblebee, and the US military will be an unstoppable killing machine taking Decepticons left and right for a feel good happy ending.

It wouldn't be bad if the same broad general themes were repeated, but it just feels like all three Transformers movies were the same only with just different minor Autobots and which Decepticons would get slaughtered that film. The films were just too predictable even for a big budget American summer action film.

19. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    'Two sides, goal, big battle over it every single time' - you just described almost every piece of fiction ever created. That formula isn't limited to just Transformers, y'know. But really it's not what basics you have but what you do with them. Many other stories do great things with the 'Two sides, goal, big battle over it every single time' basic. Take Avengers for example.

Execution of the basics is often more important than the basics themselves. You can throw all the same ingredients into a bowl over and over, but if you're not a particularly good cook then your cakes are going to always be rather stale and tasteless. Many people may have bought the cakes, sure, they have some nice shiny sprinkles on top to attract people and make them think they're getting a good cake overall, but that cardboard stodge underneath the sprinkles is going to eventually out-stay its welcome, even if a lot of people have been buying the cakes previously.
    I'd very much like to see a new cook that can bake a whole good cake rather than just scatter sprinkles over the top of the same old poorly baked effort.

There are more important things in the world to lose faith in humanity over than other people not liking Transformers movies you like.

20. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Looks like we have another Hellscream on our hands....