New Orleans Saints Bounty System

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Thundercracker, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Thundercracker

Thundercracker Contemptuous

2. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

Goodell needs to make a statement here.

Maybe the Saints should've worried less about their bounty system and more about actually playing defense considering they sucked.

3. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James <b>The JUICE</b> TFW2005 Supporter

As a Vikings fan who is still pissed off about the 10' loss against the Saints, this now confirms what I (and a lot of other Vikings fans) suspected; the Saints were trying to hurt Favre to win the game. It worked, and, effectively, ended Brett Favre's career.

My take on it is the minimum punishment should be, any player, or coach involved - 1 year suspension. Loss of the 2010 Super Bowl title. Loss of draft picks for a couple of years.

That's the bare minimum. Honestly I think anyone involved should be barred for life for ever playing in the NFL again, and barred from being voted into the Hall of Fame.

4. Sludge

Sludge Forged to Fight username: Roybot

News Credits:
    As a Panthers fan this comes as no shock to me. I've been watching them cheap shot the Panthers for years. I hope they get hit hard with punishment.

5. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, I'm not sure what the punishment should be because they're not the only team doing it.

Maybe remove their franchise tag? That would be interesting.... Mr. Brees, you are now a 100% unrestricted free agent! Feel free to go out and make the maximum possible:thumbs2: 

6. Thundercracker

Thundercracker Contemptuous

That ridiculous late hit on Steve Smith in the endzone by Roman Harper last year makes sense now right?

7. 3.8TransAM

3.8TransAM 1989 Turbo Trans AM

lol

Really?

I'm gonna be shocked and awed that the Saints are the only one's doing this lol

There were just the only dumbasses to get caught.

Guy runs his mouth before a game? He done got a bounty lol

Its how it works in all teams.

8. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    As someone who wore the black and gold with pride in the days when I was better off wearing a paper bag, I am shocked and saddened to see a team I followed for years before ultimately becoming disillusioned with the NFL have this happen to them.

That being said, I am quite sure this problem is more widespread in the NFL than the NFL wants known. The Saints were the only ones stupid enough to get caught.

9. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

i am jets fan - goodell should put boutny on ny giants and miami fish , pats too

10. Allsparky

Allsparky Bayou Buah!

Yep, can't be the only ones! The Saints may be foolish enough to get caught but I refuse to believe in all the years with all the teams and all the players that they gave birth to this concept! If they did, then they're actually smart, in a sinister way of course! I've known they played dirty for years but just thought that was part of that whole "damn dirty south" mentality. You know, you mess wit us and we'll cut ya! :thumbs2: ....Not that it's right, just sayin'.

11. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've heard things like this used to happen in hockey, but not football.

Back in the 70's when the rivalry between Pittsburgh-Oakland, Denver-Oakland and Kansas City-Oakland was real football back then.

12. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Comic Ink - Dublin, CA

News Credits:
    I think there's a HUGE difference between going out there and hitting hard as part of the game and actively throwing money towards hits that end a guy's ability to play. Get in their head...sure...awesome, that's part of the game...but even as Mike Golic was trying to defend the defensive side of the argument he said he'd never seen anyone try and end another guys carreer other than someone occasionally wrenching the ankle of a RB or WR while in a pileup...seriously?!?! To me that crosses a huge line.