New Ninjas #28 *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Chrono Grimlock, Mar 17, 2007.

1. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Perfect By Nature

News Credits:
    So uh, Ronin, Maya Lopez, Iron Fist, Electra, the Hand and now the Silver Samurai? Fuck me Bendis. I'm into giving you the benefit of the doubt, but honestly. Silver effing Samurai? Anyway, onto the crux of the book, kind of.

We get to see the ramifications of Ms. Marvels comment to Spider-Woman from the Initiative. She lied. I found this a big turning point. I know it was a little event, but seeing Marvel lie to Jessica was big for me; especially after the heavy lesbo overtones they've been throwing at us between these two. And seeing Jessica realize it, and the look in Marvel's face in that one panel? Heavy stuff.

Now, about the book itself, very nice. I think. I mean, I loved Luke Cage just trying to buy milk. I lurved "Starbucks coming soon". I get a family vibe from the book when seeing them hang out in the new HQ. I was really against this team at first, but I think given a few more issues (with a few less ninjas) and this book is really going to come into it's own.

Last complaint/comment. So, Stark tricks the team into a show, then the next page Electra is busting into Samurai's place to lay the smack down? yeahbuhwhat?

Overall I really like the issue. The team is coming together, seeing them rally over the possible return of Cap'n America was great. I think this book might replace the FF as Marvel's 'family' team for the time being.

Anywho, thoughts?

2. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

As you said, it was a good emotional scene between Jessica and Carol, and I love how the rescue of Cap turned into a red herring for Ronnin's identity (or that's how it seemed to me).

My only complaint is the art. It's not bad art perse, it just doesn't fit the book.

3. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Perfect By Nature

News Credits:
    Completely agreed. I loved Lu on Wolverine a few years back but it doesn't fit in this book at all.

Now then, please explain how are they Battling the New Avengers and Elektra bursting into the scene with Silver Samurai?!? Help me, I'm ignorant.

4. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I enjoyed the issue. I am getting kind of tired of the ninja overdose as of late. Really should put "Avengers" somewhere in this thread title though.

Also is it just me or is Bendis trying WAAAY too hard to make Spidey a goof-ball, especially in light of the recent events in his life? His "Yikes-a-hooty" remark at the beginning really made me cringe.

5. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    oy mates ive been behind on things. whats been happening to spidey recently? in CW 7 he was already in his black.

6. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Aunt May got shot in the chest by the Kingpin's sniper--We still don't know if she lives or dies. This happened right when Peter got back from the last big battle of the Civil War in "Amazing SM". And Mary Jane has left him I believe. She is seclusion or something similar. I got this impression from some solicits I read.

7. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    thx buddy, yah i saw some pics online of a bloddy aunt may, just wanted to confirm it, thx.

8. JD

JD Well-Known Member

I'm seriously starting to believe Ronin is Deadpool. He's got the same personality, sword wielding skills, and fighting skills. And in regards to the lacking of his yellow speech bubbles, well, the Ronin suit hides gender, physique and voice. If that Echo chick could pull it off, then no doubt Deadpool can too.

9. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    but if ronin is deadpool, whats gonna happen to the cable deadpool book?

and yeah, spiderman is so outta character....he's back in black because of something bad, they said he was heading to the dark side again, yet he's on this team and being a smartass....and, without dropping any spoilers, once you read issue 539 of amazing spiderman, he seems even more out of character....i just dont get his inclusion on this team.....2 more issues til ronins reveal....

10. JD

JD Well-Known Member

Why can't he be in both. Ronin could be his alter-alter-ego, if you know what mean. Or if Marvel still wants to keep DP's image, they could use Agent X instead I guess. Still can't believe they're two different characters though.

11. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    agent x actually just showed up in deadpools book...and he got fat....(by no fault of his own) but yeah, i have no idea who ronin is gonna be....maybe he'll be end up being falcon (unless falcon is the new cap)

12. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    You know what?

I don't think Ms. Marvel was lying about Cap being alive. Remember, in "The Initiative," she informs Tony of what's happened, and he says, "I didn't authorize that." He surely couldn't be speaking of Jessica Drew - he probably would have said, "You should have brought her in." "I didn't authorize that" implies the leakage of information.

I'm betting that, after discovering Ms. Marvel's fumble, they moved Cap somewhere else, replacing him with a fake.

(Agent X or Deadpool showing up as the new Ronin, though, would be FANTASTIC)

Also: seriously, I'm thinking that some people's New Avengers #28 is missing a few pages near the end. It's fairly obvious that there are two parallel storylines running here (Elektra and rescuing Cap), and the transitions are pretty blatant, with changes in characters, setting, and tone. So, the printers screwed up, or....