new Need For Speed's

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Orion_Prime48, Jan 30, 2009.

1. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    found this on Gamespot

EA readying Need for Speed threesome - News at GameSpot

and wtf im kinda peeved that Shift is the only console game and just a racing sim not a street racing game at all like the series is built around

but I liked GRID and Undercover so ill try it but damn

2. Venksta

Venksta Render Project Creations TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Most Wanted was my last favourite NFS game. They tried to be more like Gran Turismo with Pro Street, and failed, and it was also a big disappointment with the studio as well. Just go back to the old arcade racing everyone liked. :( 

3. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Cool, thanks for the info. It'll be interesting to see what this change in tactics for NFS means. I'm not quite clear on the difference between a "racing sim" and a "street racing game", but I guess I'll know soon enough, given that I own a PS3 and a Nintendo DS, so both Shift and Nitro are on my to-buy list. (Would also get NFS World Online, but I doubt my PC meets is requirements, and if you want any type of games running smoothly on your PC, it's racing games.)

*Has played NFS Underground, Underground 2, Most Wanted, and Carbon, and thoroughly liked them all [though Underground 2 was the best IMO]; has bought NFS Pro Street & Undercover, but hasn't gotten around to playing them yet

4. Orion_Prime48

News Credits:
    I agree Underground 2 is still the best NFS game out there but I really like Undercover but hate Most Wanted go figure lol

ill wait to see more of Shift cause if its nothing more than a sim I might pass on it cause thats not what NFS is about I atleast want to be able to modify my cars and stuff

5. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    MORE need for speed??????

wow :p 

6. Scourge_151

Scourge_151 Never gargle the rum. TFW2005 Supporter

EA will have to get up pretty damned early in the AM to beat Codemasters at a serious racing game, ProStreet was a big let-down for me compared to the sublime game that is Grid.
    I hope they stick to the street racing + running from the cops formula that they do so much better than trying to be serious.

7. Orion_Prime48

News Credits:
    Codemasters owns any racing game lol they know how its suposed to be thats why I wish they wuld get the NASCAR and Formula 1 licensing so those 2 can finally have a halfway decent game rather than what EA brings out every year *glares at Nascar 08*