New multimedia Transforming robot car Franchise in Japan - Gyrozetter Discussion

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Fort Max, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Just saw this on Cyber Gundam, never heard of it before today, it's a whole line of Transforming car robots at a similar size and price to voyager & scout transformers but with very super robot styled bot modes.
    Seems to be a mix of real and made up cars.
    A quick wiki tells me these are from an upcoming SE arcade game called Chousoku Henkei Gyrozetter (Super High-Speed Transforming Gyrozetter)

Info/trailers for the game and an accompanying TV anime series;
    Square Enix Streams Gyrozetter Game, Anime Trailers - News - Anime News Network

Some more upcoming robot designs on the games website;
    MACHINE ????? | ???????????? | SQUARE ENIX

So it's an odd mix of Brave, Transformers, Super Robot Wars & Digimon/yugioh. I kind of dig it, I've been wanting for years to see something like Brave make a comeback and while I'd prefer it without the card game elements I'll definitely be giving it a look when it airs and buying some of those figures.

I really dig the GT-86 in particular. :D 

Oh yes, they combine too! MOVIE ???? - ?????????01 | ???????????? | SQUARE ENIX

More videos;
    MOVIE ???? | ???????????? | SQUARE ENIX

2. soybean56

soybean56 Well-Known Member

Cool! I'll have to follow this as more news is released. That transforming frog/Nissan Leaf (?) will be mine.

3. Ricochet

Ricochet The Nerve Hammer

News Credits:
    Oh, I just wondered where to post that news. arigato, SydneyY-san!

not only Agatsuma, also Bandai releases a new transforming toy in near future. called "Chousoku Henkei Gyrozetter", it's a big media franchise project by Square-Enix(for arcade game) and Bandai(toys). Anime show is coming too. the game and the show looks decent, but the transforming toy looks sooo cheesy. large kibbles goes to additional backpack and shield... :( 

http://gyrozetter.com/
    http://www.4gamer.net/games/144/G014443/20120531085/ (toys official pics here)

Attached Files:

4. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    Doesnt look like toys would be viable. Unless theres lotsa parts swapping. Weird game. Hoping theres a port to the Ps3 lol.

5. SideswipePrime

SideswipePrime Reply Dump Extraordinaire

Looks cool! I really like the main character's robot, sadly, I don't think a transforming toy would be possible, but you never know,and I could do without the cards, as long as they aren't in the anime I'll be fine, and on the anime aspect, that kid looks very young, so having that guy (I don't know his name) voice him does seem odd

6. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
  7. Dremare

Dremare Had an Epiphany

Neat, like the designs they use. : D

8. xion14

xion14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well all those Gyrozetter toys use most the car parts as sheilds. Only Arcadia Cong looks interesting to me.

9. Scourge_151

Scourge_151 Never gargle the rum. TFW2005 Supporter

If anyone has any cares about these, I ended up buying three of the 'Rapid Morphing' toys, the Lybird, GTR and Guiltis.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Scourge_151

[​IMG]
    Another pic, here's all three in 'show accurate' form with the spare bits in front of each bot.
    Also a comparison with Guiltis and MP Alert in both modes
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Scourge_151

[​IMG]
    If you were going to only get one and didn't mind the sword not storing in car mode (only Guiltis can keep all its weapons on in both modes so far btw) then I'd recommend the GTR, very sleek robot that is seriously posable with a solid plastic sword.

You may also like the Patopandar then, a police car that turns into an attack panda!!

Last edited: Mar 3, 2013
  12. Scourge_151

Some new listings on HLJ et al, both Rapid Morphing, one is a Fairlady Z, the other is 'Rye Bird SE'

Rye Bird could be engrished up Lybird, and have no idea which Fairlady Z it would be, Gyrozetter does use some 80's and 90's cars so will have to wait for photos. These listings don't match any of the cgi models shown on the official site, although there are some very nice newer ones on there to pray for toys of.

I'm looking at both the Arcadia fire trucks and very much hoping they end up with a decent toy each.

Oh, and I bought Patopandar, couldn't resist a robot panda police car.

13. Scourge_151

Patpandar!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Neater than an Autorooper I'd say.

14. SideswipePrime

SideswipePrime Reply Dump Extraordinaire

Is the show out now? have they announced any more toys besides those "Rapid Morphing" ones?

EDIT: oh...apparently it already finished. That's what I get for not following it closely I guess. Alright, I'll have to add it to the list of shows I'm going to watch over the summer.

15. Scourge_151

There's the smaller cars out too, the Hotwheels sized transforming ones. Never cared for the show, seemed pretty standard.

16. Scourge_151

I think the line's died a death, the latest Rapid Morphing releases seem to be cancelled, and there doesn't seem to be a restocking of the older toys on HLJ or Amiami.