New MP Rodimus Prime Scans From Dengeki Hobby

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Shin Densetsu, Oct 23, 2010.

1. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

Are there any pictures that show how the front end of the car transforms into the RV? I'm having a hard time trying to discern the shortened wheelbase from the bumper, as well as where the hell all of the windshield goes. I'm gonna get me the Takara version just so I can figure it out if need be.

~Z

2. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It doesn't. The car drives forwards into the trailer and the Prime mode cab flips out and covers the car's rear while the spoiler rotates 180 degrees.

My anticipation for this guy is building almost daily at this point. Is this the first time we've learned that the canopy opens in car mode? I don't remember seeing that before.

3. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's nice, but not worth $200. I'll wait for the Hasbro version

4. AutoCon2076

So THATS how they do it! Awesome - but I still think im gonna get me this so I can see it for myself. Thanks!

~Z

5. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I agree on Rodimus's alt mode. IF there is no way to cover up that flaw, I'll just wait on the Hasbro release.

6. AutoCon2076

Don't worry, I'm sure Fans Projects or someone else will make a piece of armor that transforms into a campfire and a pup tent. Or maybe there'll be an attachment plate that stores elsewhere in the other modes and lets a Targetmaster attach to it or something in RV mode.

~Z

7. ALPHAMAGNUS

ALPHAMAGNUS I identify as an amalgamated Firetruck/Semi Veteran

News Credits:
    I agree that $200 is a bit much, but at least it's a chunk of a toy you're getting, I still think a Targetmaster would have made me bite for $200.

8. Rijie78

Rijie78 Vinyl junkie.

News Credits:
    Best MP since the seeker mould, for me. The engineering on this looks excellent, the whole things seems to have been a real labour of love for someone.

Still not sure if i'll buy one tho! After several years i'm still entirely happy with my Kiss Players Hot Rodimus, and i'm not otherwise a big fan of the character. Decisions, decisions.. :) 

9. G1-LORD GANGSTA

G1-LORD GANGSTA Banned

Oh, man the more i look at this the more i want, it hurts so bad to wait so long for the release i preorderd on amiami a little while back. I got many masterpiece and other transformers over many years and i cant remember be so excited like i am for this, SWEET!!!!! I have to say his trailer mode is awsome i dont know why, but i have always liked it. But looking at this and im sure someone has already said it but in hotrod car mode and rodimus trailer mode look like there is two seprate plate covers to hide the window shields on both modes does anyone see what im talking about?

10. Skywave

Skywave Transformers Noob

Yes like those too. For the original G1 toys it's ok, since they are much smaller toys, but in Masterpiece format, it doesn't look all that great. The MP trailer look kinda bigger in proportion to the cab too. And I don't know if it's the extra color on the trailer, but it's ugly.

Looking back I kinda regret getting MP-04 because the trailer is so big and pointless, since the MP are more display figures that I rarely, if ever fiddle with, and the trailer just stay there taking space.

So because of that personally I don't want the trailer with Rodimus (since it won't impact the Hot Rod mode), so I'm all about a trailerless Hasbro version :) 

11. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I like that idea. Please, please, please include Firebolt!

12. Baird

Baird bug-stomper

He's quite weak looking, doesn't really stand out as a masterpiece to me.

13. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This looks great in every way. I'm glad they finally specify the hips and face being the distinguishing factors of Prime and Hot Rod. They always showed the different faces, but the hips were harder to tell.

14. REMINATOR

REMINATOR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Although there are some minor flaws, I still think this is the best MP figure since MP1. I can't wait to have him. If he's really great in person, then I'll get 2 from TTomy. If not, I'll get 1 from TTomy and 1 Hasbro to display him as Hot Rod.

15. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    Ill say it once and Ill say it again: I heart* Takaratomy for releasing this awesome rendition of a Masterpiece toy! :cry :
    The latest pics reinforced my lust for MP Roddy, not to mention the respect for the guys behind the design and of course, this was so pre-ordered long ago. :D 

16. The_Black_Sheep

The_Black_Sheep Willyna...

News Credits:
    It looks like he's got the same hands as the MP Seekers, & what's going on in that pic with Grimlock? Is he cutting his face off or something? :lol  I'm gonna have a hard time waiting for Hasbro's MP Hot Rod so it looks like I'll be forking out for TakTom's version instead... :eek: 

17. DrillBIT

DrillBIT Silver Wolf

News Credits:
    You will have to mail in campaign points to get the base separately.

18. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    See DrillBIT's post. MP-4S Convoy Complete Sleep Mode, Animated Sons of Cybertron, Henkei Sons of Cybertron, 2010 Unicron, 2010 Primus, 2010 Reissue Predaking, and MP Rodimus Convoy all come with points to mail in for the base stand.

The stand has various clips of Rodimus Convoy, in Japanese, saying some (I assume famous) quotes of his. In Japanese (I'm reiterating this point).

You can also only get the stand with the points, IF you live in Japan as it requires a Japanese address (from what I've been told).

Randy

19. IceWilly

IceWilly Technobot

this is what I came to post as well. After looking at the pictures for a while, I figured that obviously the front of the two vehicles don't share the same hood OR the same windshield. Thus the front of the winnebago cab is the back of the Hot rod mode, and vice versa. Thats why there is a big gash in winnebago mode, and you can tell by the wheel fenders and flares what they are trying to do.

In this case the sillyness of this design, plus the uselessness of the trailer to me make it the first Masterpiece I will not be importing from Japan. I will get the mold, because hey, masterpieces are cool. But no reason to spend an extra 130$ for these features I will NEVER make use of. Hasbro it is. He won't ever be Rodimus on the shelf anyway.

20. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    When the Hasbro release of Rodimus is out.....I'm buying.