New MP Rodimus pictures

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Batman, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

What's that photo with Rodimus' cockpit removed trying to show us? Is the Rodimus cockpit a removable part?

2. Soundwave2

Soundwave2 Banned

News Credits:
    *please look good next to faith leader* *please look good next to faith leader*

3. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    Sweet!...... Still haven't ordered him yet though!

4. Type-R

Type-R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's showing how Hot Rod docks into the trailer with the front of the trailer swinging over to cover up.

5. Tux Chaos X

Tux Chaos X Spades Slick

OK, I love the sportster, and I like the robot modes, but... argh. One, I can't get over how cheaty the Winnebago transformation is. I realize that it's probably impossible to get the main cab section snuck into the hot rod vehicle, but I can't believe the best they could do is a hinged hood and windshield. Where does it go when the trailer becomes the MDB? Hidden underneath the platform?

Two, that back kibble. It's a minor irritation, but without having it in hand it just looks like a bulky mess back here. I have a similar concern with MP G1 Starscream, but at least with him it doesn't jut out and make him look like he'll fall over backwards.

It's a shame, because I feel the whole thing really had potential. As it stands, though, I can't see myself springing the extra money for what essentially amounts to an upscaled version of the trailer we got in '86. Heck, at least that one managed to squeeze the cannon completely in the shell; this one needs to poke that little black block out of the top -_-. If I ever pick it up, it will be the Hasbro version.

6. I AM MEGATRON

I AM MEGATRON pleasure model

still iffy on the apparent lack of forward leg articulation..

7. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2011
  8. Chaddicus

Chaddicus Don't call me Shirley

Does anyone know what extra goodies are coming with this MP? All these pics and no word on what accessories are coming with him.

9. hotrod422

hotrod422 Well-Known Member

I cannot wait until this comes! Mine is pre-ordered, and paid for. CANNOT WAIT!!!!!

10. Skywave

Skywave Transformers Noob

For some reason I can't get over how the back kibble protrude from the side of the waist in front view, totally kill the slim silouette they gave to the robot mode.

Also something about the car mode seems off, like the hood don't follow the windshield line, wich make the car kinda crooked or something.

But maybe with a cheaper Hasbro version without a lousy trailer I'll get it, but won't get it if it have a trailer too.

11. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

These photos completely sold me on the Hasbro version. I would have been happy to pay the Takara fee for what I thought was a fully-functional 4-changer, because I was under the impression that the trailer-less Hasbro version would essentially leave us with some kind of "front half of Winnegabo with no trailer" mode. I was not willing to tolerate having a front of a Winnebago without that trailer.

With the Rodimus figure (robot) itself unable to form a "front half of Winnegabo" mode without the assistance of the trailer piece, we're not going to have that problem. We're not going to transform him into Winnebago mode and go "Darn, if only I had that trailer!" because it'll just be some kind of deformed shape.

12. AutobotBee

AutobotBee Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    From what I read, the Hasbro version doesn't come with the trailer, but has some other stuff to 'make up for it'. I read that in an article posted here some time ago I think.

I tend to agree with Skywave about the back bit. After getting FP's "Protector" and absolutely loving it, I'm not sure I even want this now. I have one reserved, but unless we can get some shots of his back to see what's going on there, maybe I don't need one after all.

13. VitaminZinc

VitaminZinc Bad and Evil

I canceled my preorder. For some reason, I couldn't justify an extra $140 for a trailer that I'd end up leaving in the box. But, that's just me. Can't wait for the Hasbro version, though!

14. G1Jetfire

G1Jetfire Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Better pics that what were on what appeared to be a box panel some months back. Since he is due out around the end of a month, a video review is what I am looking for to reinforce my reason for preordering him.

15. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    Weren't people convinced the Hasbro version would come out before Takara's at some point?

16. Kevin XI

Kevin XI Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hmmm, I think I'll get the hasbro version. I can live without the trailer. The only thing wrong with the bot mode is that back kibble. The figure looks kinda gappy and foldy (?) when viewed from the side.

17. I AM MEGATRON

I AM MEGATRON pleasure model

18. ArmadaJetPrime

ArmadaJetPrime Hooked on Energon!

Did you get any flak for cancelling? I know that TFsource and others are pretty strict about preorders and claim the right refuse to do future business with you if you cancel.

19. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wonder if the Hasbro release will come with a Trgetmaster, Daniel w/hover board, and a fishing rod.. That might warrant a second purchase for me.. if not.. This will suffice :) 

20. MrFX

MrFX Collecting never ends...

I usually pre-order with BBTS, and I've had no problems when I canceled my pre-orders in the past.