New MP line.... are you just going to wait for the US Releases?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Alucard77, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    So I was looking at the MP reviews on the new MP11 and while initially I thought it would be an easy pass, there are some interesting things with it that may have me picking it up.

However, after reading the review, I do not see any reason to pick up the Takara release. From the looks of it, Takara took a page from Hasbro and cut out the nice paint apps. So the question becomes, why buy the Takara one?

So that is why I started this thread. I think for all of the rereleases of the new MP line I am just going to wait for the eventual US release. I mean if I already own the original Takara one, where is the value in buying the rerelease Takara one if the US release is going to be similar.

On the MP10, I realize I will be losing the trailer. Which I am ok with, but it is not like there was over the top paint apps of anything that would make the US version so inferior. The MP11 looks the same.

I will however definitely be picking up the Takara Sideswipe. And then probably the US one as well. LOL. That thing is sick.

How about the rest of you?

2. Fallout

Fallout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    MP10, after reading reviews, doesn't seem worth buying.

MP11 is a tough choice, because i'm really worried it's not going to get a US release but i don't wanna pay ridiculous import fees on it.

3. autotronprime

autotronprime I like to make cool things!

News Credits:
    I bought MP-10, but will definitely wait it out for MP-11. I already have MP SS and am still not sure he's worth replacing.

BTW - Did I miss a pic of the new MP Sideswipe? If so, do you have a link? I did a search and couldn't find it.

4. Alucard77

News Credits:
    No, just a mock up. But there is really nothing that will keep me from buying a new MP mold. I am just a MP whore like that.

5. AngryChad

AngryChad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bought MP-10, which immediately replaced MP-01 in my display. Still keeping my MP-01 for the accessories and also because it's the first, but I've already sold MP-03. The face and colors always killed it for me. This looks to fix every problem I had with the original. Never liked the wash either.

6. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Me No Bozo Me King!!

News Credits:
    Definitely.

With a wife, two kids, a house, and two dogs, I can't afford to drop $250 on MP-10 Optimus Prime and $150 on MP-11 Starscream.

With that said, I hope the USA versions of MP-10 and 11 have alot better quality than the USA version of MP Rodimus. I skipped Rodimus because of all the issues and I'll skip future releases too if Hasbro doesn't step up the Quality.

7. Alucard77

News Credits:
    Rodimus wasn't actually that bad. I have him here and had no issues with him. Granted he didn't look as nice as the Takara one, but I don't have the Takara one to put side by side next to him, so he is fine.

I think that MP10 and MP11 will follow the way of Grimlock. The US and Takara release was almost the same minus the accessories. So that is what I am thinking will happen for the MP11 at least.

8. TacomaPrime

TacomaPrime Cybertronian Tacoma

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just picked up an MP grimlock from a friend, but it was the hasbro version.
    I wanted the mp11, but if they are going to release it in the US, I will wait for the hasbro version.

9. bossman328

bossman328 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ...waiting for us release. I also have a wife, 2 kids under the age of 4, 2 houses. for the price of 2 Takara MP figures...I could buy a flat screen or a snow blower or a new lawn mower. My limit is $60/figure. I cannot go above that

10. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

Definitely MP-12.

I bought MP-9 over the summer when it dropped in the states since I didn't care for the trailer.

I'm on the fence about MP-10 and MP-11, though. Part of me would rather much stick to buying new molds of new characters.

11. seali_me

seali_me Well-Known Member

Same exact situation here. I passed on MP09 and MP10. Maybe someday.

I won't pass on MP12 though. Maybe cut on buying cigs or something.

12. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

Skipping MP12 anyway, but I haven't imported any MPs (I have the US releases of Optimus, Rodimus, Starscream, and Grimlock) and I don't plan on starting, unless they release an MP Soundwave.

13. dmc2008

dmc2008 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am really hoping we see a US version of MP10 sometime soon.. I'm not expecting a trailer, I just want that Optimus! If he ever fell below $200 I probably would have bought it by now, but it's so hard to stomach spending that much on one toy...
    As for MP11, I kind of doubt it will see a US release, but stranger things have happened!

14. Smashs

Smashs Internet: Pure Truth Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm looking at buying more MP's now, so I would love a US release just to save some cash.

15. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I buy one of each so I can display it in both modes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

If you don't have the money, you don't have the money, but waiting for a US release doesn't always work out.

17. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

You smoke, seali?

Dag, keep puffing on those sticks and you'll miss out on many a rebate down the road.

18. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    Nope. I like the overall presentation of the japanese figures much more. Sometimes the US extras can sway me over in the sense that I'd get that version as well, but overall it's always been japanese MP for me.

Case in point; USA Rodimus had a targetmaster and a new matrix mould, plus he was the only fixed version of the mould at the time.

Countercase in point: USA Skywarp is very bland compared to his japanese counterpart, yellow eyes don't look as good and toy accuracy isn't better looking than the gloss black deco of the japanese version.

19. jinx23

jinx23 Wrecker

Ebay:
    Is there for sure going to be a us release? If so I would love to wait

20. seali_me

seali_me Well-Known Member

Yeah. I have been for years. Apparently, I'm not as pleasant without them. I've cut down a lot. From a pack a day to a pack per 3-4 days now.