New mp grimlock proto images !!! Look (^_^)

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Cheem The Rup, Oct 30, 2008.

1. Cheem The Rup

Cheem The Rup Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. Scourge_151

Scourge_151 Dangerous when naked! TFW2005 Supporter

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice

3. stevej

stevej Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So, basically he's in scale with G1 prime. And probably Classics but not the other MPs. Pass and double-pass. Why not just release him as a new Classic Grimlock. Then MP fans would stop bitching about the size (and we could leave the Classic fans to bitch about the price). It's a shame as other than him being a baby-dinosaur it looks great.

I'll add this to my imaginary list of Super Masterpieces that will one day be released and that will have the seekers the same size as Prime and Megs and will have Magnus with armor... And if wishes were horses we'd all be eating steak. :) 

4. Glitcher

Glitcher Banned

News Credits:
    Lumme! That mind-transferring shot made me laugh, but they should have put Computron there instead of Prime. I wonder if that transparent plate on Grimmy's chest opens to reveal a cockpit like the original toy. And if Grimlock is the same size as Starscream, I'll probably give him the crown to make him leader of the Decepticons. :p 

5. TCracker

TCracker おもちゃは今とても暑いです

News Credits:
    I'm for one am not complaining. Scale is never an issue for me, and so there. I am happy they even tried making an MP Grimlock. It could be worse.

6. Monkey-Hands

Monkey-Hands Turntablist

Awesome!

7. dare

dare Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The site says he's about 30cm / 12". I doubt that is anywhere NEAR Classics scale...

8. dark gundam

dark gundam PowerMaster

Looks good, but I was already sold on him.

9. Type-R

Type-R blissed off my chonk!

News Credits:
    Not impressed. Looks pretty bad to be honest. This looks more and more like an easy pass with each new image that's released. This is the first time a (new mold) Masterpiece figure has disappointed me so badly. MP-1, 3 and 5 got me really excited but this one just doesn't.

10. Chaos Convoy

Chaos Convoy Dai Gurren-Dan member

News Credits:
    Oh snap. He's got a crown also. That's awesome lol

And yeah, it looks like he's pretty much in scale with Classics and G1 figures. Smaller than I'd like, but still cool. He'll go on my Classics shelf instead of with my Alts and Masterpieces then.

11. RobotoChan

RobotoChan Nothing to see here

News Credits:
    Loving this figure so much... can't wait to get my hands on it.

12. stevej

stevej Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Which is very different from the "same height as MP-03" news we already had. MP Starscream was what? 22cm?

If you (and this site) are right then I take back everything I said... But he doesn't look that big next to G1 Prime there.

Believe me, I really do hope that you're right.

13. salmonman78

salmonman78 Mordin, my hero

Looking at the pics I noticed something, look at the pic of him with Prime, notice the leg you see, its bent making me think hes actually sitting not standing. So, if hes sitting and not standing he will be taller and not "classic" sized as everyone was saying.

if they even tried to make a $120 classic size I would love to see that backlash

14. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Omg he comes with a crown. :lol 

15. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Overpriced? Probably, but there's no way I'm letting that thing pass by. (I'd actually prefer something in scale with Classics myself, though I think it's a little bigger than that)

Neat to see the crown there. Almost surprised to see that, since the Japanese usually go for cartoon-based obscure props to the exclusion of all else (comic-based, in this case)

16. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    If you guys look at the top right picture, Grimlock is not actually standing there. He seems to be 'sitting' judging by the way his right leg is sticking out.

Also, if you look at the size of Grimlock in the top right pic with G1 Prime and then compare it to the top left picture, they're in relative size proportion. Meaning, the size of Grimlock in the top left picture next to G1 Prime in the top right picture might be a more accurate comparison of how big he actually is.

Maybe.

17. hutchprime

hutchprime Made of sterner stuff

News Credits:
    Absolutely awesome. Definite buy.

18. ZacWilliam

ZacWilliam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    AWESOME! More THAN "Must Buy."

He has his CROWN!

I mean this was sold to me anyway regardless, love me some G1 Grimlock and this looks like easily the best toy of him ever, but as a huge Marvel Comics Grimlock fan in particular... that's spectacular, I wasn't sure the Japanese would even think to reference the Marvel run (since they never y'know, got it) so that just kicks tail!

And the size, well... I'll need to see more, I doubt he's as "small" as some think, but count me among those that would actually prefer a smaller size in smoe ways. Cause if this guy can look fairly natural hight-wise standing next to the Classics, (and this picture says he might) my desire for him (already soaring) probably triples.

I mean it, if this pans out the way is looks here it looks to be one of my favorite TFs of all time. Wish he was out before X-mas...

The only possible negative I can think of in light of these pics is I may forever more be left pineing for a set of the other 4 Masterpiece Dinobots to match...

19. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    He looks adorable. Probably not what most people think of when they think of Grimlock, but it's totally true, from his proportion to his accessories.

... and that's what might actually sell me on this figure. I have enough badass looking figs.

Re: Their listed height. They've probably just put up an approximate figure based on previous MP offerings. It's totally normal for retailers to guess height and weight on pre-order items. Looking at his dino mode next to G1 Optimus ... yeah. No, he's NOT going to be that big. Even if he's "sitting" (looks to me more like walking), his design is that his tail drags along the ground, so even sitting he'd be basically the same height as standing full-upright.

No, no I think his bot mode will be about screamer height, and it looks like dino mode will be even smaller.

20. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    ...He's got the crown he had in the Marvel G1 comics.
    SOLD.