New Movie Starscream Test Shot

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by flamingunicron, Jan 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. R2Going

R2Going Cybertronian Sentinel

Ebay:
    di·rec·tor /dɪˈrɛktər, daɪ-/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[di-rek-ter, dahy-] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
    –noun
    1. a person or thing that directs.
    2. one of a group of persons chosen to control or govern the affairs of a company or corporation: a board of directors.
    3. the person responsible for the interpretive aspects of a stage, film, or television production; the person who supervises the integration of all the elements, as acting, staging, and lighting, required to realize the writer's conception.Compare producer (def. 3).
    4. the musical conductor of an orchestra, chorus, etc.
    5. the manager or chief executive of certain schools, institutes, government bureaus, etc.
    6. Military. a mechanical or electronic device that continuously calculates firing data for use against an airplane or other moving target.

2. paskal

paskal SHWOOOO!!

bobby_C is teh winnar!

3. R2Going

R2Going Cybertronian Sentinel

Ebay:
    Starscream the sumo wrestler. Westerners don't do Mecha very well. I would feel much better if the Takara design teams was consulted on this movie, like i said earlier michael bay knows explosions, but he's not adapt at creating Alien or Robotic worlds from sratch. Cars and the like blow up real good in his films and that's about it.

4. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Sadly that is the reason this design suffers so much. The F-22 is just a HUGE ASS jet, even compared to other fighters, as such the bot has a lot more mass then the others. Personally though I feel that they could have done better on this one. Keeping the cockpit the same, that being folded over and split open, they could have had the majority of the wings and back of the plane act as a sort of 'cape' for him while moving the hips up and thickening up the legs to a more uniform sleekness. Sort of difficult to explain, and sadly I have no CG or photoshop talent to help illustrate my point either.

5. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hate this stupid tangent coming up in half the damned movie threads, but I wanted to add something:

The dictionary definition of Director doesn't actually mention anything about visual design. ;)  Just integration. I'm sure he approves it and gives vague opening direction, but I'd rather not see Bay receive full credit for any of the movie designs when I'm sure they're more the result of ILM and Hasbro's thought process in reaction to what he asked for.

This kinda thing bugged me ever since I saw that some of the Star Wars Prequel ship designs had this much input from Lucas:

"Make it look more like a...spaceship..."

Credit to the artists FTW!

6. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

You're right, we don't do mecha real good. But we do make some kick ass looking Giant Freaking Robots.

7. neospark1

neospark1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That is logical enough.

I just thought of one thing, though. If the Transformers have nanotechnolgy advanced enough to completely rework their "bodies" for any condition (including space travel and morphing from one car era design to another), then how is it so far fetched to believe in mass shunting?

Also, I've never seen a Transformer before in my life. I've never seen the cartoons or comics. I'm in a packed theater wanting to see an awesome action summer flick.

The spaceship/meteor just morphed into a robot??? Huh???

Just a thought.

8. noblekale

noblekale There can be only one!

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Been a while, but here goes:

My thoughts on this guy, while a neat figure, just doesn't seem like a Starscream. Now, if they'd have had the arms transform, it would be even better. The way I see it is this, follow if you can:

The 3 guns are on a separate piece from the rest of the arm, flip out to the side on a hinge. The two side guns rotate so they're pointing up, with the middle gun still pointing down. Evoke the classic null-ray cannon on the arms. Hands flip out from sides (even if they're clawed, cool) to give him true hands. Battle mode: the guns flip back down, the hands back inside, and the guns back down.

Also, the colors on him. Looks good for Generic Decepticon Clone #32473, but for Starscream? IMO they could have called him Thunderblast or something else and he'd have been perfect.

I love the little guy, just not as Starscream. Looking forward to the movie!

9. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I forgot to actually talk about the figure, I think. o_O 

Love the gunhands. That's something I don't see enough of.

Hate the colours. Seriously, I thought this was an unpainted proto for the first while. :(  I was hoping for Blackout's gunmetal if the colourscheme was going to be monotone.

Overall body shape: Love it, not so much as Starscream. Going to pick up the toy as I rather like it on its own, though.

10. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

General consensus is they need two things for them to morph into something new. One, it has to be of similar size and mass as themselves. Meaning a 2 foot tall robot can't morph into a 20 foot tall jet. This *was* in one of the older scripts, back when Soundwave was a 4 foot robot/stero system that scans and morphs into a full sized Hummer, but it was thankfully taken out. And two, it has to be a craft or vehicle that somehow represents their original form. I.E. Prime's entry mode is basically a truck shaped like a meteor, as it has 'windshields' and wheels(or at least the toy does). It also means Prime just can't go scan a jet and start flying around, as that's not a land based vehicle. To me those limitations make perfect sense and fit well into the story without too much questioning.

11. Super_Megatron

Super_Megatron Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.