New Movie Related Items Listed in Target Computers

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Deefuzz, Dec 8, 2006.

1. protostar8

protostar8 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I really don't plan to buy any of the movie stuff to begin with (just don't like the designs), but I'd think the "Ultimate" class figure will probably be an oversized Optimus prime with light up eyes and a few goofy phrases from the new movie. It could also very well be something along the lines of those robots you control with a remote, just with an optimus prime shell and the correct voice.

2. Bendimus Prime

Bendimus Prime Rolls for initiative

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    More than one figure would be awesome, but I'm betting it's going to be a Masterpiece-type figure of Movie BB or Prime. Prime would seem like a likely choice, but BB is more of the "star" Transformer of the movie. So it might be the '08 Camaro BB with a tiny Sam figure to sit in him.

3. blueandwhite

blueandwhite Well-Known Member

I'm hoping that this Ultimate figure is Optimus (I actually like the design), but at the same time, I cringe at the thought of an under-detailed, oversized mold ala Cybertron Starscream. If this thing is ultimate, it had better be ultimate in both complexity and size. An oversized mega or deluxe just won't cut it. Honestly, a 1/24 Prime that actually transforms into a decent truck would be too good to be true.

4. konichan

konichan Well-Known Member

someone probably said this
    mabye ultimate means "ultimate collection" w/several figures

5. sondura

sondura duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh...

I'm all for the authentic figures being very posable movie accurate action masters(if not the deluxe sized figures)

I think "robovision"prime would be a small optimus with a jole in the back of the head that you can look through

as for legends I'm thinking tiny scorpinok for full sized blackout mabey?

and the ultimate I think it's gonna be a super detailed (possibly transformable) MP sized bumblebee optimus or megatron... or all three

6. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    *general repetition of expressions of interest and speculation here *

7. Godconvoy

Godconvoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's like a good guess! I'm sure they must be different than something that transforms. Wasn't there going to be something like the Star Wars unleashed toys for the movie as well? With the human characters playing such a big role in the movie I'm sure the would make a toy out of at least some of them if not just Spike.

8. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike MP & TF Collector

Ebay:
    I can't believe no one has even mentioned this,but what if the "Ultimate" is
    Scorponok. I could see him as an Ultimate Figure,does anyone else think so.

9. Godconvoy

Godconvoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    By the way I don't know what "Robovision" is, maybe viewmaster-ish, but I want some. Maybe it's a new way to "enhance" the movie like 3D or smell-O-vision. Welcome to Micheal Bay's Transformers Movie, now in "Robovision"!

10. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    That Ultimate listing really has my mouth watering with the potential it offers, a single toy worth a whopping $80?
    If it is then it had better be amazing...

11. JusticeSabre

JusticeSabre FLUKE the SYSTEM.

Ebay:
    A deluxe movie Megatron would need a pair of leather gloves to hold the damn thing.
    Can't risk all those lacerations. LOL

12. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I haven't really seen anybody address your question in its entirety, so allow me to have a go.

The numbers are Target's DPCI (DePartment, Class, & Item) numbers. They use them as their own version of SKUs to identify items. In the case of toys, each number applies to an assortment and does not differ by wave. For example, Classics Deluxes all fall under the same DPCI# (087-06-1166), regardless of whether we're talking about Astrotrain or Grimlock. (The "Asst" in the Movie Legends listing stands for "assortment".)

So, it is possible (and likely, at least in the case of the Legends and Authentic listings) that each number covers more than one toy. It's not guaranteed, though. There are DPCI#s for one-toy assorments at times. Such is the case with Primus, as well as many store exclusives, like TFU Nemesis Prime and (most likely) the upcoming Classics Ultra Magnus vs. Skywarp 2-pack.

Uh, so yeah. Long answer. Hope I've explained it coherently.

(Can't believe that no one has responded to my Foreigner "Robovision" lyrics.... :cry )

13. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    Bring on the pics! :useless 

14. Alpha-trion

Alpha-trion Sentai Warrior

I noticed that they were listed as "Movie Legends" perhaps they are refering to the cartoon movie from 1986. That would be cool! Then again you would need a couple of ultimate figs from the new movie to have a proper tranformation. Look at Optimus Prime; he might take a little while to transform do ya think?;)