New molds of the previous movie toys for rise of the fallen?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Grimwing, Aug 22, 2008.

1. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    Just got burned up about something on the another movie thread and decided to start my own thread to get it off my back.

So far the core group of autobots and perhaps some of the decepticons (barricade, bonecrusher, skorponok) are not going to change their vehicle modes for rise of the fallen.

Which works out very well from a film standpoint. Because a general viewer can follow the trilogy of fims and prime is'nt constantly having costume changes, it should be focused on the action.

My peeve comes into play with the toys and if hasbro will re-release the tf1 molds of ratchet, prime, barricade, bonecrusher, skorponok, and ironhide etc. Again in rise of the fallen packageing. That would make me mad. It just seems 1000% cheaper than any repaint scheme as they should already realise that the movie toyline is going to explode from a toy sales standpoint when the
    movie starts up with the worldwide success of the first one. . And I have nothing against them repainting another set of new movie molds for a year.
    But repainting the same set of toys they have been repainting since 2007 and into 2009+ is ridiculous for something as financially big as the movie line.

2. knyghtmare2021

knyghtmare2021 The Goddamn Knyghtmare

News Credits:
    um... bonecrusher? You know something we don't?

3. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Yea it is Hasbro so we can expect them to run the old molds into the ground with maybe just some slight differences to the paint applications to call them new.

If you want a bright side at least it's looking like the film will have some new bots so we will not have as many filler characters that were not in the film just to pad out the film related toy line.

4. Ceerad

Ceerad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    However, It does give us a chance to get:
    -Leader Starscream w/ Hands
    -Deluxe Ironhide and Ratchet
    -Ultra/Leader Ironhide and Ratchet
    -Voyager Barricade & Bumblebee

5. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Didn't hasbro say that returning characters wouldn't get new mold toys so parents wouldn't feel forced to buy the same guy again? I know I'm personally satisfied with my core group of autobots, and of the Decepticons I would like new molds of, well they're both dead.

But we'll still have plenty of new robots in this film. And I'm looking forward to a Leader Fallen and Leader Jetfire.

6. Tell_Story

Tell_Story Well-Known Member

Agreed, but I don't know about Deloxe Ironhide and ratchet. You know we're getting a new bumblebee now that he has a new hood scoop and front facia. Voyager BB and Barricade would rock! I'm all over that.

It would be nice if they gave us Voyager Barricade - (If they wanna make some serious money).

I wouldn't be surprized to see Premium Chrome Optimus.

They said they were working on better scales and such. And it sounds like their trying to get Ironhide to look like a truck with out big cannons on his underside. The Hasbro rep said they were trying to get the cannons to come out of his arms. I would be surprised if they were making improvements on Ratchet.

7. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    i would definitely buy a leader Starscream with hands. and a voyager bumblebee would be sick.

8. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Where?

9. xa rumblebee

xa rumblebee ...sting like a bumblebee

News Credits:
    i think that they might rerelease old movie figures as original transformers movie toys and the newer bots in the movie as ROTF figures.

10. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

Only returning character toy I care about is a bigger, better Barricade. Prime is fine the way he is IMHO.

11. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    Hasbro will not repaint previous molds or release them with the same paint apps, they want the toys to be or have something new.

I want new molds for Prime and barricade, and different size versions of starscream.

12. newguy

newguy i

Ultra class Ironhide? Badassnes

13. Skywave

Skywave Transformers Noob

I'd pay to get a better Prime. The current Leader one is cool and all, but look quite wrong at the same time. I want a Prime with the wheels on his thights, not huge wheels-kibble behind them. I'd like him to be something like voyager sized in truck mode, and leader sized in bot mode. They pulled something like this with Animated Lockdown, they can surely make it again on a lager scale.

I love whishfull thinking :p