New Molds of Old Characters- Anyone else find this Annoying?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by DecepticonsRule, Feb 7, 2010.

1. DecepticonsRule

DecepticonsRule Triple-Changer

News Credits:
    Recently, Hasbro has been making many new molds of old characters. We've seen Deluxe Ratchet, and now we're getting a Deluxe Ironhide too?

This is honestly annoying me quite a bit. Given that we haven't gotten the 3rd Bike Sister, or the rest of the Constructicons yet, I'd think that Hasbro would be better served to try and get some of the characters who they don't even have a FIGURE of yet out there.
    I'm just kind of tired of seeing multitudes of Bumblebee molds/repaints, and now Ratchet and Ironhide. I'd just really like to see some characters who haven't even gotten a mold yet.

Does anyone else agree with me?

2. *Soundwave*

*Soundwave* Derp

News Credits:
    Some people like major characters at smaller scales. More affordable for those who can't buy a leader or voyager of each, too

And personally, I can't wait to get Deluxe Ratchet and Ironhide and the newer Voyager Prime Takara's putting out, just to have those 3 together in their own area :) 

3. Megablah

Megablah Likes Universe Galvatron Veteran

News Credits:
    While I do agree with you (I want Scrapper, Hightower, and Overload at least deluxe sized and I'm not interested in another Ratchet or Ironhide!) it all comes down to trying to sell as many toys as possible. Making a new mold of a character kids (and collectors) know will get it sold whereas a new mold of a character that either 1) wasn't in the movie, 2) was only in the movie for a few moments, or 3) looks scary is a riskier move.

On the other hand, they did just what you are talking about with Lockdown as well. Here you can still find Animated Lockdown on shelves but they come out with a new one that has been "movietised." Plus this, in turn, is actually another reason they redid Ratchet; to go with Lockdown.

I applaud Hasbro for making a new version of Lockdown and Bludgeon though, especially Bludgeon as that was probably more of a move for TF fans rather than just kids. However, you can't really blame a company for trying to make money.

4. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

It does get tiring when you see another Ratchet or Bumblebee. I just wish they'd remake the Deluxe cars as Scouts so I'd have a Movie Barricade that can go up against G1 Prowl. Would love a Scout version of Armada Sideswipe, Movie Bumblebee, Classics Sunstreaker and Sideswipe or Botcon Nightbeat but that's just me.

I will pick up Deluxe Ratchet if I see it though.

5. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah I agree. but megablah summed it up perfectly.

However, I do hope we'll see elita 1 at some point.

As far as deluxe Ratchet and Ironhide... well, I skip em. Saves me a few bucks for something cooler down the road.

6. megatronski

megatronski PURGE THE HERETIC

News Credits:
    well, you gotta think like hasbro, and a kid. dont you think hasbro would rather make a figure that the kid has seen in the movie, or a unknown bot that the kid has never heard of.

7. Covenant

Covenant Mr. Roboto in Disguise

Ebay:
    Ah, and here I thought you were about to speak of trinkets like BotCon Wierdwolf, Universe Countdown, Classics Overkill and etc.

Honestly? New molds don't annoy me. The truth is the chances of some mold out that I don't want is hungered after by multitudes of fellow fans. The bit that gets me, and I mean really annoys the shit out of me, is the repaints of same characters. Bayformers Bumblebee being a prime example.

8. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    I agree and disagree. I love new molds in general because it's something new to figure out. So as long as new molds come out I am not too upset.