New Mexico Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by ORIO, Jul 15, 2003.

1. Cykill 1

Cykill 1 Well-Known Member

Hi everyone. I guess the Target at uptown plaza restocked the wave 2 deluxes. I found the dinos there. I picked up snarl and left sludge. They had more rippersnappers if anyone is looking for these, they might still be there.

2. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Striked out getting Wave 3 prime masters. But Walmart on Unser has one Cutthroat and a Sinnertwin. Coors Bypass Walmart has Inferno

3. ORIO

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Picked up Wave 3 Prime masters from Unser Walmart in RR. Two sets left.

4. Squallte

Squallte Summoner of Shiva

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not a problem. These guys are so awesome. I hope they keep going with these. We haven't seen anything past this wave right?
    Thanks, managed to get Moonracer and Sludge today. Now I need Snarl and the Terrorcons and I'll be set for a while.

5. minsok

minsok Well-Known Member

Ended my Asia trip with a surprise week in Japan where I got more toys. I got everything on my list and a couple random Japanese robots. The transforming robots scene is a little sad in Japan, but that gundam statue is pretty cool.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Cykill 1

It is great to shop for toys in Japan, especially in small hidey-hole mom/pop shops. You get better prices on toys there vs. the big name shops. I luv'd shopping in those places, I got to find past TF lines at great prices there and in great condition.

7. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    Anybody need some MPs before I throw them on eBay?

Attached Files:

8. minsok

minsok Well-Known Member

I'm trying to get the Abominus limbs and wave 3 Titan Masters now that I'm back.

On a side note, did you guys know that voyager TLK Hound has 3mm holes that can hold the AOE Hounds hip pistols? Okay, that's not very amazing, but the back of the calves have dedicated tooling for storing the boot guns! He's backwards compatible. I haven't found a dedicated place for his gatling gun, knife, or grenade launchers, though.

Attached Files:

9. Lumpy

News Credits:
    Yeah, I stripped all the guns from AOE Hound to give to TLK Hound. It’s pretty awesome they did that

10. minsok

minsok Well-Known Member

Wyoming Walmart has a full set of wave 3 titan masters and 2 inferno. Now just need some terrorcons. Only at Wal-Mart so far, right?

11. minsok

minsok Well-Known Member

Scored a studio Megatron at uptown target. There's a lockdown left here. Lockdown is a pretty big letdown in this line, in my opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Cykill 1

Anyone impressed with the Studio Series line? I've yet to see one and go I gotta have that.

13. Ellamin

Ellamin Freedom is the Right of ALL Sentient beings.

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Pinterest:
    i'm impressed with the paint for grimlock and thundercracker.

that's about it.

I am tempted to get bee though, more accurate than the og toy, and the camaro i preferred, but how does he scale with iron factory bots? I'm shifting to typical autobots in that size, and for bee, i'm ok with waiting for an MPM or KOMPM with the old camaro mode (either mode tbh) or maybe a really pretty orange yellow paintjob.

14. Cykill 1

Good to know. I've seen on youtube that the 2nd wave have started hitting in California, so start looking out for them. Megatron is eh, Jazz looks okay, Brawl I actually might get, but the disappointment seems to be Lockdown. I'll wait and see.

15. Ellamin

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Pinterest:
    Peru kill ruined any hasbro movie lock down.

16. Lumpy

News Credits:
    The $125 toy is better than the $20 toy? Color me shocked...

17. Ellamin

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Pinterest:
    Hey, it just made people know it could be done, I know I didn't believe the dinobot movie era designs could work until him, especially lockdown for being the size of prime in bot.mode and yet as big as drift in car mode.

Takara/hasbro is unlikely to actually match the design in comparison, so people are likely to continually be underwhelmed until the official products outdo Peru kill somehow or Peru kill becomes hard to get.

Warbot defender was the best Springer for a while, and much pricier than hasbro's $20 toy that came out and blew it out of the water.

It is not impossible, just sadly unlikely without enough budget faith to push out something able to satisfy beyond some third party designs. (like, what if they did a good lock down who you could upgrade between tfa inspired and movie inspired forms?) punch counterpunch is an example that they can do designs that are capable of surprising transformations, even with the limitations of budget like not having feet.
    Studio series has potential to put out good, and if it was not for Peru kill, studio series lock down would be liked, but Peru kill is still new enough, fresh enough, that folks are dissatisfied with studio series, a bit like having just toured Gordon Ramsay's restaurant for research, but then eating at Chipotle afterward, you end up being dissatisfied, even though it is not as bad as the cheaper alternatives.

18. Squallte

Squallte Summoner of Shiva

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just got Terrorcons from walmart by Cottonwood. I had to come to this side of town for a work meeting and happen to stop in. There's probably about 2 sets left.

19. minsok

minsok Well-Known Member

Sure, but my expectations were also to scale. Literally every point of articulation above the waist is hindered and the legs are too short again. I did some pretty easy mods to fix most of my problems with the figure. Minor/Repaint: - Studio Lockdown leg mod

Studio Megatron is now my favorite voyager Megatron, even over TLK. One of the best studio figures.

20. ORIO

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There are two sets of these and the wave 3 voyager and prime masters at Unser Walmart in Rio Rancho yesterday as well.