New Magazines report on FantoFan.jp - MP-05 Megs +

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by raijin optimus, Feb 23, 2007.

1. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Huh, I just noticed that his feet are apparently see-through as well. You can't really tell because of the angle the pics are taken at, but if you look at this one, you can see what I mean:

http://www.fantofan.jp/news/mag/hobbyjapan/apr2007-2.jpg

That's not a deal breaker for me, but definitely another disappointment where the whole lower half of the figure is concerned. Skinny legs, awkward looking calves with an exposed trigger and now see-through feet. Looks like MP-01 is still getting my vote for best TF, afterall.

2. r'Ne

r'Ne Well-Known Member

Meh.. I skip the MP Meg for sure.. his legs are ugly.. his face is ugly. The revoltech is more a Masterpiece for me :p 

3. Phorpus

Phorpus RHco.

I don't mind the gun being on the box, but why did it have to be the red velvet wealthy seductress shot?

4. pinoy78

pinoy78 Shoji Kawamori having FUN

Well have fun trying to transform THAT Masterpiece into a gun.

5. AutobotEngineer

AutobotEngineer Highly Dubious

Probably skipping MP Megs. He's nice, but I don't need to spend $100 on him. MP Prime was a mandatory buy, Starscream I needed very nearly as badly...but for all the reasons already listed, I don't feel completely compelled to buy him. He's nice, but not super nice. I'll wait to see some more pictures when everyone else gets him. The Revoltech with have to do, gun mode or not.

6. shinobi-wan

shinobi-wan Member

face only a mother could love

ugh, that face, it doesn't look menacing or evil at all. It looks: Blah!

I know the attempt is to make it cartoon acurate but the sculptor failed at expressing any emotion though his face. I'm sure they're already mass producing him by now though, so i bet it's way too late to even entertain the idea of a resculpt.

It think that rovotech megs is making not appreciate the masterpiece. I'll wait 5 years till they engineer a rovotech megs that transforms into a gun.

7. Godconvoy

Godconvoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm thinking the same thing to know.
    I mean comeon it's Prime that turns into a shoe and into a robot wearing the same shoe!

8. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

I hear you... I'm not even that big on the Revoltechs in general, nor am I a hardcore Megatron fan... but transformable or not, that Revoltech Megs just look incredibly badass. I like the alternate head with the vicious grin too...!

zmog

9. Godconvoy

Godconvoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Megatron "money shot". Why I think it goes great with his "VIP" hat and members only jacket accessories.

10. blaine71274

blaine71274 Recovering completist, recently fell off the wagon

The only real gripe I have is....Why would they choose Kremzeek instead of a nice Lazerbeak sculpt to fit on his other arm. Just now came to me, and I am like...that would have been more obvious than a one episode character. That condor was always on his arm. We need a custom here. Not only that, but it would be a nice prelude to MP-06 Soundwave! They should have gone with the MP-01 look and stuck with just the robot mode on the box. I mean...we know who it is, we know what it transforms into. Starscream had both modes on the front, but it works because he was a jet. The gun looks like it's waiting to get laid.

11. ShortCircuit

ShortCircuit Decepticon

Mp Megatron shows all the trimmings of a Masterpiece as far as I'm concerned. The disgruntled face is pure leonard nimoy love. Battle-stance mace pic is truly awesome! Prime and Megs...aaaaah, together at last.

Megs sets the bar high. Starscream cannot compete, they have to re-release him at this point, and I'll definately purchase in 'toon colors.

Okay...ummm transformable Nike's. Maybe for some but not me.

Sparkobot's not my thing either.

12. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I fail to see how a little, non-transforming toy, using a horribly bloated design, can in any way be preferable to a fully transforming 12" figure.
    Oh well, more chance for me to get one, I suppose. :) 

13. r'Ne

r'Ne Well-Known Member

lol.. that's not gonna happen for sure, your right on that.
    I know that the transformation would be awesome, but that's not gonna convince me for buying it.. yet. I just don't like the MP-5 for 100% at the moment, so first I will be saving my money for the Revoltech Meg and some of the upcoming Movie toys for example. Maybe later on I will learn to like the MP-5.. you never know :) 

14. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, Megs is a sure fire buy for me. Hope that the guy I know can get his shipments without the orange tip added tho... Would be great, but a dremel can do wonderous things! As for Rev Megs, hes so goin on the shelf with Rev Convoy Dukin it out on Cybertron!!! The others Im not to concered about...

15. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    Getting harder and harder to resist buying MP-05 with every new pic.

16. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

And a Rodimus Prime.

17. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

I like the looks of this toy and im glad to buy it. But it doesnt look as good as Optimus, and has some flaws as far as i'm concerned. I wish hasbro would let Takara know how the fans felt, then they might try to address some of the problems before release. I don't know if Takara can thicken the legs, but I see no reason why the head/face can't be fixed. Megatron is not as chunky as Prime, and his arms look a lot like Classics Rodimus'.

18. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    its too late for that. he comes out in just weeks.

19. † Sunstorm

† Sunstorm Sunstorm member 1

anybody know where and how to get those shoeformers? prime is so gundam(n) like :D 

and guess what! my mother want shoe prime :D  ha ha