New Line Next Year: WFC?? Micro/Battlemasters, 2019 MPM & Studio Series Info

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by catz, May 10, 2018.

1. OriginalFire

OriginalFire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So WFC is a new storyline and not a new game

• Like Like x 1
  2. MrSoundmeister

MrSoundmeister Bang,Bang Boom!

Feels like we come full circle, Considering how minicons were repainted as micromasters

Last edited: May 11, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Black Conoy

Black Conoy Well-Known Member

YouTube (Legacy):
    I hope it’s a masterpiece wheelie or skids and mudflap
    from ROTF

• Like Like x 3
  4. Blam320

Blam320 Assembly Inventor

News Credits:
    Partially. War for Cybertron (2019) is the continuation of the Generations toyline, and will be a trilogy like Prime Wars was. It is not a sequel in the War for Cybertron videogame series.

Anyways, can't wait for the return of Micromasters and Targetmasters plus the introduction of the totally new and unique Battlemasters. Though Hastak might surprise us.

• Like Like x 5
  5. SuperSlacker

SuperSlacker Guy who lives in Nemesis Prime's sleeper cab

Not a fan of blind bags at all, personally. I for one like to know what it is I'm buying when I buy it. >_>

I'm all for micromasters tho. Should go quite well with all the city bots and prime masters.

And sweet Primus please let the "battlemasters" be Targetmasters.

I was going to pass on WfC if it was just a whole line of Cybertronian versions of classic characters, but dammit I wouldn't be able to resist a line of minicons (or Impactor... or Omega Supreme... or Star Saber... or Shockwave... or... Crap.)

Dammit Hasbro.

• Like Like x 13
  6. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    MPM Sideswipe please! After all, damn, he's goooooooood.

• Like Like x 10
  7. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Because different size classes have to exist. We'll still get the Deluxe class, but the Micromasters will be the new scout or cyberverse legends class. and even though they are covering gimmicks from the 80s, its unrealistic to expect every single character from the 80s to be redone. Cindersaur is getting a new toy soon. Its not what you'll want but its how Hasbro see fit in updating him.

And none of us know what the new Micromasters will be. Its too soon to criticise them.

• Like Like x 1
  8. PrimalFury

PrimalFury The Chosen One

News Credits:
    I am praying for Generations
    1. Star Saber
    2. Omega Supreme
    3.Scorponock

I'd like to think that they could all fit in with a WFC narrative

• Like Like x 14
  9. lord ginrai

lord ginrai D-list Decepticon

News Credits:
    Sounds good!

I'm gonna keep my expectations for MPM low for now. The TF2 boy might just be a repaint/retool of Bumblebee, Prime or the rumored Starscream.

Still, exciting to get some news tidbits!

• Like Like x 3
  10. Jtprime17

Jtprime17 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well Micro masters are cool and all but the real question is will they be smaller than legends or the same size or will the battlemasters be the replacement/rename for legends scale pricepoint.
    Also I can see the battlemasters as renamed brainmasters like they renamed headmasters in titans return and the brainmasters can be a gimmick in the line.

• Like Like x 1
  11. lonewolf96

lonewolf96 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Now that's interesting so in 2019 studio series for now will have at least 9 figures we can add to the list cool.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was thinking the rotf MPM would be megatron. I’d prefer a movie 1 version, just to see if they could pull it off.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    Possible when you think of 'battle strategy' as their emphasis, but I think on Hasbro's end they view Brainmasters as Titan Masters. Since the main concept of that was still the same of providing the face/head/brain of the robot. So I'm thinking Battlemasters are likely something more like the PCC Weapon minicons and the Target masters that takara released. With potentially some other aspects. Making them a little bit bigger than the previous Titan Masters/Prime Masters. Whereas Micromasters are going to be the same height as Titan Masters/Prime masters but likely have vehicle modes instead, and include some kind of micromaster vehicle they can drive or use somehow. Like in Bumblebee's case if they really are aiming for a Deluxe space hover van wheeljack, maybe Bumblebee's micromaster "base" will be something that has the energon rods they were collecting in the MTMTE intro. Whereas others could be anything that fits their character, story, or previous release. Like Optimus or Ultra Magnus and his trailer, with the trailer being his vehicle like the original Micromaster had.

Then the blindbags I think are going to be Micromasters with no extra vehicle piece, Titan Masters, and Prime Masters all mixed up over the course of them. So they can do more heads and the powermaster engines.

Micromaster G1 Ark Crew would be interesting overall though, and would fit if they planned on doing an Animated Influenced Omega Supreme release. So they could have a full Ark playset. But then G1 Omega Supreme fans wouldn't get the train/rocket Omega Supreme they want either.

Decepticon micromasters seem even more likely to have a lot of G1 mixed in though from the toons when you think about how Trypticon has a ship mode. And I could definitely see them doing a Targetmaster styled Megatron that mimics his Requiem Blaster/rifle form from the TR machinima series.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Bumblebee5253

Bumblebee5253 New Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    So does this mean we\'re only getting two MPM figures next year? That\'s a tad disappointing. Hopefully they end up well-made, and not as rushed as Prime. Oh well, my guesses are Starscream (TF1) and Megatron (TF2).

• Like Like x 1
  15. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    No, it means that two figures have been confirmed so far.

• Like Like x 1
  16. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Bring on Movie Masterpiece Mudflap

• Like Like x 6
  17. Ateam_WFCTX_117894

Ateam_WFCTX_117894 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Star Convoy maybe given the Micromasters. 

• Like Like x 1
  18. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    That'd be an interesting Retool from Star Saber. Change the Jet front removable part to an Optimus that can become Star Convoy. Then make it still compatible to Victory Leo/RazorClaw(assuming retool of victory leo)/TigerHawk(assuming retool of Victory leo).

Would have an interesting Spaceballs/Space Truckers vibe to it as a spaceship truck too.

Kind of really liking that idea actually. Especially if they go for TigerHawk for a victory Leo retool, to redo the wings as bird wings. So then in combined mode it's Star Convoy with bird/angel wings. Or if you prefer the jet style, can still use Victory Leo. I'd rather they keep the "Star Convoy" name then though. Instead of trying to make it Optimus Prime. Would better fit Takara needs, and would yield better sales in differentiating it to general consumers.

Really really loving that idea now. Star Saber big bot suit+ Galaxy Convoy-ish Optimus truck cab becoming Star Convoy. It's that perfect all series blend but still extended JG1. And has that added effect of Prime's evolution. Toss in a micromaster of Hot Rod for added fun.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Hydro Zeus

Hydro Zeus Active Member

Here’s hoping that Grindor won’t be one of the Studio Series Leaders

• Like Like x 2
  20. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    cool, i was worried that there wouldn't be gimmicks. i love me som-
    [​IMG]
    YOU *****D ME! YOU *****D ME YOU BLINDBOX ROBOT ****S!!!! WHHYYYYYY?!?!?!?!?! THE ONE THING THAT WOULD ACTUALLY INFURIATE ME!!!! NOT EVEN THE MEGAMAN CARTOON REBOOT WHATEVER INFURIATED ME THIS MUCH!!! HOW COULD YOU DO THIS?!?!?!?!?!?!
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    *Begins weeping into river*

*Disclaimer = power to those that enjoy blindboxes, but i have NO luck when it comes to blindboxes. and considering how i have a history of completionism in me, i'm losing a lot....... they better be worth my anguish...

• Like Like x 5