New LG Figures LG-47 Kick Back , LG-48 Gong & Repugnus , LG-49 Triggerhappy

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by vehiconjunkie, May 9, 2017.

1. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy グーグル 翻訳は素晴らしいです!

News Credits:
    I think \"revamped\" Pretenders coulds work, as combining armour pieces that formed seperate trailers or combined with alt-modes to also change them.  The core Idea would be that they could mix and match variations of standard armour sets that could both upgrade the smalller robots and their alt modes.  Within this design aesthetic, \"classic\" Pretender characters could be incorporated, alongside Beast Wars characters and new/non-pretender characters.

2. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    I still think the easiest and cheapest way to do Pretenders is to have the inner robot become a backpack for the shell.
    And this would also be closest to the play-patern of the G1 Pretenders because you can combine the two robots and you can play with each robot individually.
    A bonus would be for the inner robot and shellcreature to both have altmodes that can interact, just like the G1 Thunderwing toy.

But if they can produce actual articulated Pretender shells that can hold a legend class inner robot i wont complain.

3. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Alistair! I'm not a window washer!

Armored pieces like in those RID Legends toys?
    [​IMG]
    An interesting concept, but NOT PRETENDERS AT ALL. More like a weird cousin?
    I'm on board. It reminds me of Powermaster toys, actually. So a kind of blend or in-between. :sly: 

I think Hasbro already has experience making action figures (and they just did those Hero Mashers), so it's a no-brainer. They could easily hollow out some figures and drop a SMALL TF inside. The economy/savings for Hasbro is obvious: the shell would be cheap to mold (very little assembly), and the inner toy would be smaller (so cheaper material costs and/or parts count) - meanwhile prices remain the same (dammit).

Once the line takes off, Hasbro has the option of keeping the toys small (or small-ish), to further save on costs - it's what they do (see Marvel toys). But this way, it's less sudden, and they can claim the size reduction is really to enhance your Pretender toy collection. :rolleyes2 

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd like to see Pretenders as a smaller sized robot that turns into a little vehicle and is included with a deluxe figure that houses the little guy.

So they'd essentially all be Mega Pretenders, with the bigger ones being Ultra Pretenders.

• Like Like x 2
  5. 80sforged

80sforged Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I've said before, I'll take pretender shells with the articulation of a 6 inch (well 5.75 inch) Masters fo the Universe figure. It would still be a huge step up in articulation from G1. The backpack idea that one 3p group tried looked all right, certainly had awesome potential for shells, but left the robots lacking.

6. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    That's basically what i mean.

7. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    That's the only way I'd be interested in pretenders, no point redoing them if they're not going to improve them.

8. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    That might interest me if executed well. Else I'm not interested at all in Pretenders done like Pretenders.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Bass X0

Bass X0 King of Muay Thai

News Credits:
    My idea for new Pretenders toys would be that the transformable inner robot and the transformable "shell" would be sold seperately. It just wouldn't be possible to have both the shell and robot sold at the Deluxe size class.

Deluxe Cloudburst resembles his Pretender shell and would be a fully articulated toy that can transform into a jet. Legends Cloudburst is a tiny robot the same price point as the Titan Masters with limited articulation and can transform into a jet. Deluxe Cloudburst has a chest compartment that opens up allowing you to place Legends Cloudburst inside. But unlike the old Pretenders, Legends Cloudburst wouldn't be fully encased. Instead, Legends Cloudburst would become the robot chest and head for Deluxe Cloudburst, his armored human chest folding down or out to cover up some of his armored human form. Basically, think of the compartments on Titans Return but the compartment being in the chest, being filled in robot mode or with the door closed for the armored human mode.

To imagine the Legends class toy, take Terri-Bull's tank drone. Stand it up on its end and that would be the robot mode with arms able to swing out. Unfold the drone's nosecone and that would be the Deluxe robot head, then just place the drone into the Deluxe's chest compartment. Other types of vehicle modes would have different transformations, but that would be the general concept. The bulk of the Legends class toy would be the same as the Titan Masters head and drone combined in one single toy.

Legends Cloudburst would also be able to attach to Deluxe Cloudburst's jet mode for an integrated jet mode. Other Deluxe Pretenders are also compatible with any Legends Pretender toy in both vehicle and robot mode. This is so that you can "customise" the robot mode however you wish, like in Titans Return.

Voyager and Leader Class Pretenders would follow the same concept, only with Scout class toys and would have more of a difference between their human/monster forms and their robot modes. Basically they would be triple changers with only one vehicle mode. Or there would be smaller toys with both the shell and the smaller robot within the Voyager and Leader size class.

10. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

Erhm...We should start a pretenders thread really.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Bass X0

Bass X0 King of Muay Thai

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 2
  12. primalxconvoy

News Credits:

Not exactly like that armour. I was thinking more like Fans Project City Commander style pieces, but simplified. Basically, the pieces would almost cover the inner robots. I doubt Hasbro would call them pretenders, either, but us fans would get the hint via classic pretender toys being released amongst the bumblebee/optimus/new character figures.

However, in terms of inner robot size, then those slightly larger legends commander sized figures shown above are the right size...

13. primalxconvoy

News Credits:
    Edit: - just realised that both optimus prime and bumblebee ARE pretenders...whoops.

14. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Kup and Hot rod are 30GBP on Kapowtoys. I expect the same for these. Which is LOT, not even factoring in the extra shipping costs. I can get a Voyager toy here in Hungary at a store for that money (or a Leader CW seeker as they sell them cheaper).
    Or, I will try and preorder from HLJ, and hope the box is small enough to slip past customs, otherwise it will cost the same.

Takara still haven't used a lot of the extra heads - Brawn, Clobber, Flywheels, Nightbeat...

The legends toys could easily be the smaller inner robots of the 1989 small pretenders like Bludgeon and Longtooth, and the deluxes could be transforming Shells - and the two couéd be combined as you suggested. I mean, Combiners were also sold separately, why not Pretenders? And over Voyager size the two could be packed together.

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2017
  15. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    And I don't want the Pretenders to look human, I don't like that :lol 

• Like Like x 6
  17. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Alistair! I'm not a window washer!

If Hasbro's doing it, though... :rolleyes2  I'm afraid the armor pieces would pop off constantly. A full shell would be easier (plus, no kibble!).

More Legends-sized toys would be good, though. I love that scale. :) 

Cause why not, right? But to be fair, at that time in history, there weren't 5-10 Optimi sitting on the shelf in 5 different scales/sizes. So it made sense, back then, to re-release these characters (I know I could never find a G1 Optimus, back in the day!).
    I... kind of agree. :lol  Although, Super-God Masteforce made the human shells fun - so I wouldn't mind a new Metalhawk (with shell!). It was very Power Rangers, come to think of it, so the human shell made sense there. Even better, the cartoon had two human forms: plain clothes, and suped-up Sentai mode! :lol 

So if they kept that theme going (and given the enduring popularity of PR, why not?), then they should release human shells with add-on armor pieces (helmets, clip-on chest armor, etc.)... kind of combining ideas with Primalxconvoy (see above)! :D 

18. Type-R

Type-R blissed off my chonk!

News Credits:
  19. Type-R

Type-R blissed off my chonk!

News Credits:
    Unexpected use of the TR Ramhorn Titanmaster for Clouder. The Headmaster's head does kind of work as Clouder's bird mode head.

Nice to see a third original Targetmaster mold for Blowpipe. Looks like Triggerhappy only got a minor chest remold to have a 5mm port for the Targetmaster to mount. Sadly, no wrist mounting for the Targetmaster (that we know of so far).

Last edited: May 14, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  20. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    now im curious if there is a way to make the thrilling 30 double dealer titan master compatible

• Like Like x 3