New LG Figures LG-47 Kick Back , LG-48 Gong & Repugnus , LG-49 Triggerhappy

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by vehiconjunkie, May 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. God Ginrai

God Ginrai Energon Enthusiast

Triggerhappy looks alright but I don't care enough about the character to buy it again as a Targetmaster. Brawn looks good and Kickback looks alright, so I might get them. But with Kickback I'm much more interested in the Clouder/Doubledealer head.

2. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    I hope so. They need a do over without giant circle indents in their chests for RID/Adventure stickers.

3. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm eager to get all three of these!

4. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody!

Ebay:
    Ill be ordering him and I dont really have an interest in the headmasters so maybe we could work something out?

5. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    definitely keeping my kickback/clouder pre order! that looks so cool!!! brawn is pretty neat too, but i don't know....maybe....triggerhappy is a no, although the targetmaster is pretty awesone.

6. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Added a preorder for Brawn. One of the few Henkei figures I never got to go along with my Hasbro version, and the paint apps are different enough for a second purchase. Loving all these targetmasters, so those are all scooped up. Hopefully Hasbro releases some of them with the 3rd portion of this current run as I wouldn't mind adding a few more to the display.

7. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    Not really feeling the combo of the dark olive and sky-blue windows on Brawn: makes him look extra "toy-ish"

Not sure what to make of Triggerhappy -- his deco seems mostly a lateral move and I WANT to like him since he has the Targetmaster, but the design of the TM is a bit underwhelming.

Kickbacks deco looks fantastic, but does emphasize some of that molds design flaws (his WIERD popeye arms) - wings look better, but a shame they didn't paint them silver.

• Like Like x 3
  8. protostar8

protostar8 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Is that Targetmaster for Triggerhappy a new mold?  

9. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    Pretty positive yes, never seen Targetmaster legs that transformed like that before!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT

News Credits:
    Phew. Honestly, I was hoping I'd somehow hate Triggerhappy's targetmaster... and I do. Now I don't feel obligated to preorder him. If I do buy him, it will be because I have nothing else to buy that month :D 

12. WheelWave140

WheelWave140 Hate's not cool, dudes!

News Credits:
    Well. These are kind of lame.

• Like Like x 2
  13. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    It is a little perfunctory.

I'm kinda hoping it's mistransformed.

14. TyrantGalvatron

TyrantGalvatron Hasbro is NOT your enemy.

News Credits:
    IMO All three of these are completely unnecessary if you already have the Hasbro TR versions. The paint decos on the Hasbro versions are as good (Triggerhappy) or better (Brawn & Kickback) than these Takara Legends versions.

The only possible reason for me to buy one of these is Triggerhappy for the Targetmaster.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Darkstone

Darkstone Code of Hero

News Credits:
    I just realized - wouldn't it be cool if they left the underside of Blowpipe's feet unpainted and layered a crosshair over it? It's clear plastic, so that would've made it look like a scope and gave the legs an excuse to be up there in gun mode.

On the other hand, Triggerhappy is not really the kind of bot who needs a scope and the part where he would look into is Blowpipe's rear end so... disregard :lol 

I know you talked about this before but I never understood it until I watched the Headmasters episodes where the Targetmasters debut yesterday. They don't hold them like normal guns, the hands of the big robots retract and the Targetmasters take their place. So it's kinda like Mega Man's Mega Buster or Samus Aran's Power Beam.

I admit it would've been neat if they retooled Triggerhappy's forearms and tooled the Targetmaster so that it could plug in when the hand is not flipped out but just having the main figure hold the Targetmaster like a regular gun isn't too bad either. And it certainly makes it easier to have other figures hold Blowpipe since I think that if they tooled him to perfectly plug into Triggerhappy's forearm they maybe would have to cut a normal handle entirely.

• Like Like x 1
  16. TyrantGalvatron

TyrantGalvatron Hasbro is NOT your enemy.

News Credits:
    I'll also add that Brawn is my least favorite of the bunch.

I'm not digging the dull, drab olive green and the military work vehicle looks ridiculous with chrome rims.

Repugnus also looks boring as well.

17. NemiMonkey

NemiMonkey Sad Derpfester Noises

News Credits:
    Well I guess I'm one of the few people that actually likes Takara's Triggerhappy. :confused: 
    Might have to double dip here though. Keep flipping between pics and I just can't decide which I like more. Although his TM reminds me of one of the more exaggerated Gi Joe guns, you the ones with insanely large scopes for no reason whatsoever.

Clouder from Ramhorn, now that was a bit of a surprise. Never even considered that, but I'm guessing since these guys aren't slated until later in the year it gives Hasbro some time to get that wave out(well if that matters at all that is). Might have to keep an eye out for a loose one, but honestly not a high priority. I do like Repugnus and I do have a second TM partner lying around so may or may not bother with him. Just not really a big fan of Brawn to go out and pre-order him right now.

18. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

Between the awesome postage, I lost the ETA of triggerhappy. Can someone inform me when these will be released?

19. Darkstone

Darkstone Code of Hero

News Credits:
    I'm with you. For one the white parts are actually painted white and not Hasbro's white-ish bare plastic which will make a noticeable difference in-hand, and I prefer the white detailing throughout the figure over Hasbro's.

And while the headsculpt is perfection as is, I dig Takara's red eyes with the gold around them. Plus, Blowpipe is so cute. The gun mode is a bit meh, but I adore the little robot. His color scheme reminds me of Minimus Ambus. And I immediately recognized him, as I said earlier I watched the Targetmaster episodes of the Headmasters cartoon yesterday and I remember this guy. Not that he had much screentime but he really stood out.

Now, is this worth it for people who can get a Hasbro version for 15 bucks or less in stores? Maybe not if you can do without the Targetmaster. But Deluxes are 25-30 bucks around here anyways, so I personally will just buy this one.

These three are scheduled for the end of October :) 

20. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    The end of October.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.