new KO figures from China... any info?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SMOG, Aug 29, 2007.

1. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

I posted this question in the "Favorite KO figures" thread, but I wasn't sure if it was going to get noticed, so I'm going to go for the bigger audience.

Has anybody seen the recent KO figures for Energon Sharkticon, G2 Dreadwing, Energon Bulkhead/Sprung, and Cybertron Sideways that have been turning up on Ebay from Chinese sellers?

Example here:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Transformers-To...QihZ019QQcategoryZ753QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

If anybody has any of these I'd be interested to hear about the quality (as compared to other cheap KO's naturally) and about the scale... I can't seem to tell whether they're oversize or not.

zmog

2. e3nine

e3nine I have a large MISB collection.

News Credits:
    $25 shipping + $17 for the figure on Sharkticon?!

you can get the original in the BST forum for $5.

3. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

I don't see Sideways in his store. Guess it already got bought?

I do like the colors on Sharkticon and Bulkhead, but no good robot pics of the latter...

4. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Leader Blackout LIVES!!!

News Credits:
    Think these are oversized...sharkticon at least. The size states 21 CM x 12 CM, but I could be wrong

5. SMOG

Yeah, but I'm not sure if the measurements in the auction are for the figure or the packaging/card.

As for the price... heh heh... there are other sellers that have much better prices on these, but this guy had the best pictures. If they're oversized, I think I might be willing to pay $15 canadian shipped for some of these.

Unfortunately, they seem to be too new to have made the rounds yet. Nobody seems to know much about them. Maybe I'll have to be the first one to take the plunge and buy one.

zmog

6. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

Sharcticon is oversized and comes in blue that I've seen, Mega class size.

En. Bulkhead I have is Mega class size in 90% correct colors but he's missing the drone vehicle/chicken walker/backpack thing.
    Bulkhead here looks exactly the same as mine, except for the colors.

G2 Dreadwing here comes red. The colors are a minor issue. The main issue with this one is that the wings do not fold in. When you transform him, they go all the way down to his knees and hamper his articulation. Although the plastic looks pretty good.

7. SMOG

Wow. Thanks for the info!

I totally didn't notice that the Dreadwing wings didn't fold. That's too bad. All the pics I see of the desert cammo Bulkhead show his fists not folded out of the engines... but it really looks like the hinge is still there to fold them out... maybe the seller just mis-transformed him.

I guess he and Dreadwing are not actually upsized at all if they're Mega scale. But I think I might like a Mega-sized Sharkticon and Sideways. :) 

zmog

8. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

Is it just me, or do Sharkticon and Bulkhead both have mistransformed arms in the alt modes?

9. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

My KO Bulkhead has the hand hinges, I mean you can flip his hands out, no problem. As for the overall quality of the figure, it's pretty nice. The left shoulder is loose on mine, but I can fix that. The plastic quality is nice, it's not "original" nice, but you can fiddle with him and he won't crumble in your hands.
    The lauchers are duds, they're just plastic shells. You can put the missiles in them, but that's all.