New "Knight Riders" Series in the Works

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by ViperDragon, Sep 27, 2007.

1. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Aww dissapointer I thought kitt was going to the big screen:( 

2. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

Could be good, if done right. Hopefully, it won't be about the emotional downward spiral of all the characters. That was why I quit watching the new BSG.

I'm curious about the shape shifting. I think having them turn into robots would just Schlock it up. It's be Gobots for the 21st century. I'm hoping it's more along the lines of different vehicular modes for different terrain. Sort of like Viper Defender's off road road mode, or TKR's Dante's amphibious mode.

3. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    Anyone see the Knight Rider 2000 movie. It was filmed in my town and made for TV. KITT was made into a Camaro with a real bad body kit. Pretty cheesy but neat. Its included in the first season DVD set.

4. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

it was a Pontiac Trans Am...

and that poster, sorry, but that car looks like ass (which reminds me of the crappy KR2000 design too)

and seeing that Pontiac doesn't have a Firebird/Trans Am anymore, i wonder what they'll use...the GTO or G8/Grand Prix maybe....

or how bout a Honda Civic riced out (or any other import) <- i was joking about this one, they might as well shoot themselves if they do.

and Hasselhoff should be the new KITT (or whatever they want to call it) voice...

5. TransfanTN

TransfanTN Well-Known Member

6. agesthreeandup

agesthreeandup Energon Supplier

News Credits:
    Transforming KITT? WTF? That is the worst idea EVER.

I am all for bringing back the franchise, don't get me wrong but the idea of KITT being able to change is just stupid. Just because Transformers did well at the box office does not mean everyone should just start making transformers type TV shows. Just goes to show how stupid network execs. can be.

Spencer.

7. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    Hasselhoff should play the part of that old rich guy that recruits Michael Knight

8. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

The KR2000 car was a kit car based loosely on the Pontiac Banshee. I don't know whatchassis they used for it, but it was front wheel drive.

I've actually been wondering what would be a good car to use for a modern KITT. I really don't like that Koenigsegg KITT. GM Really doesn't have a car that would work well for KITT, anymore. Unless, you want to shrink him down to Solstice scale. A Corvette might work, but they'd have to do something about the headlights the C6s are cursed with. I don't think the new Camaros really have the right look, but I'm kind of biased against those, anyway. None of the retro styled musclecars are really sleek enough.

All I can think of is a Dodge Viper, but I'm not sure those have a good look for KITT, either. The only European car I can think of that would be good, is the Lotus Exige. That one's awefully small, though.

9. thoughtcrime

thoughtcrime Well-Known Member

I think it'll be cool, I doubt they will give him a full on robot mode, it'll likely be more like MASK.

10. ShortCircuit

ShortCircuit Decepticon

Well, I think I resisted watching that Viper show just because it was so sponsored. Dodge vehicles and all that, I don't want to watch a commercial for an hour. And it SO ate off K.R.'s legacy. I watched a couple, then I said no way. It wasn't the gimmicks, those were kinda cool in a way, but more-or-less like Im sayin it was a dodge bonanza. And at that time, dodge really didn't have anything going for them, it was the AVenger, or the new ram debut that was cool. But they really didn't have a sports car besides the Viper. Maybe I was just too old for it, and it got dull.

11. thoughtcrime

thoughtcrime Well-Known Member

I agree with Greyryder. I'm having a tough time thinking of something modern which would work as a viable KITT. It needs to look like him, and of course be something that a manufacturer can sell, so no custom fullbody mods.

I think the Vette C6 is about as close as we'll get from GM right now, although it would need severe front end mods:

[​IMG]

And of course google gives me this, which could work once you remove Burt and the flaming chicken decal:

[​IMG]

12. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler

News Credits:
    I think it could work if KITT just turns into some kind of "battle mode" and not a full on robot. An actual robot would be silly.

13. Shokara

Shokara Well-Known Member

I think everyone here has forgotten that in the latter seasons of the show, KITT -did- semi-transform into a sort of high-speed ultra mode.

14. Jochimus

Jochimus Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!

A shape-shifting KITT is not my idea of re-working "Knight Rider".

I would have preferred something more in line with the darkness and mystery of the opening credit narration - and maybe a dash of the supernatural, a sort of 'justice from beyond' element where you really don't know whether KITT is computerized or possessed.

Oh, and NO Garth and NO KARR.

15. TransfanTN

When G4 reported it on TV they said he suppose to morph into a robot. And there will be evil cars too for him to go up against.. Can't wait to see the kitbashes after this comes out. everyone who ever did a KITT transformer kitbash will be updating with a new head/face

16. Prowl_Delta_31

Prowl_Delta_31 Eating your donuts

News Credits:
    Yeah I dont like the idea of a fully transforming KITT but a battle mode KITT would be cool.

17. ShortCircuit

ShortCircuit Decepticon

Maybe like, transform..... means a boat, or turn into a jet and stuff.....with a red led's at the front...that'll be cool with me....? especially with these new CGI' stuff they got now.

But, I dont wanna see a facial rendition of KITT...all I want is some like bars like his mouth kinda was.

And show the Knight dude on an episode, looking from KITT's 22" LCD monitor, or F that, make the whole windshield his monitor, searching Ebay or somethin and losing an auction he was bidding on and gettin all pissed from the snipers. and hunting one down and beating him up and stuff. that would be cool.

18. Knightsword

Knightsword Fire in the North

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
  19. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Super Pursuit Mode!!

That would just make KITT a James Bond or Spy Hunter car.

20. TransfanTN

I love the new car they are using..

[​IMG]