new jollibee rotf toys from kid's meal

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by boyet, Jun 19, 2009.

1. boyet

boyet Active Member

News Credits:
    here are the pictures of the next wave of jollibee toys here in the philippines

Attached Files:

• News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    Want that IIIIIIIIIIIIRONHIIIIIIIIIIDE...

3. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur 100% Sarcastic Saurian

WTF why are The Philippines going all out on promoting the movie but here in the US we don't get crap? No offense to anyone but I always used to think The Philipines were islands just used for farming (With just a few popular cities) and alot of that territory was unexplored lol. I think there is one part of the Philippines that is unhabited that I saw on The Jeff Corwin experience on Animal Planet.

4. dyingwill3rd

dyingwill3rd Life is a fabled mystery

Cause the Philippines owns!!!! (i'm filipino)

5. Mr. Sparklebot

Mr. Sparklebot 'Til All Are Juan

News Credits:
    Well, we do have the upcoming Burger King kids meal toys and Stackticon burger, those motion slurpee cups and straws, TF M&Ms and Snickers... etc.

Yeah, we're not getting promotions at all, because they have Jollibee :rolleyes2 

6. iwasherenotyou

iwasherenotyou Medical Officer

News Credits:
    omg i love jollibee. love that chickenjoy. mmmmmm. filipino powa!!!!

7. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

i remember i was at a party some guy said "i thought the philippines were just huts and villages". what a prick. and it's hard to explore over 7000 islands

btw filipino malls are better than american ones. toy kingdom > toys r us

8. clonemanager

clonemanager Hunter

News Credits:
    That optimus looks to be exactly the same as the one in Voyager Stratosphere.. just telling by its transformation.

9. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    But the Burger King toys look to be pretty much garbage, while at least of couple of the Jollibee toys can transform.

10. yovnocrats

yovnocrats Well-Known Member

It's not, him and Starscream are Legends figures.

This reminds me of the promo Legends Bee from over there from the first first movie.

11. NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman Well-Known Member

^Yup! :) 

The Philippines is an archipelago comprised of many, many small islands. And despite its initial agrarian appearances, the Philippines is as acculturated a culture as any you'll find on earth. You'll find Filipino, Chinese, colonial Spanish (it was once a Spanish colony for several hundred years) and US influences (it was a "commonwealth" of the US for a good portion of the early- and mid-1900's) everywhere. In fact, English is interwoven in the daily vernacular, and I'll bet that you'll easily find most people there familiar with American music, movies, and many TV shows. The former presence of a US-based air force base (where I was born) and another naval base certainly added to the US influence.

I really miss it there - my family is mostly there, and I totally dig the tropical atmosphere (you haven't eaten a mango until you've eaten a fresh one from there). Hopefully I can take some time off from work next year to go back; it would be great to meet other TFW2005 forum fans and pick up some cool TF's for the trip home (and my nieces and nephews of course :D ).

Edit: Forgot to mention my love of Jollibee! They don't have one here in Seattle, so I have to get my fix when I visit the Bay area during one of my business trips. I ate there three times in one day early last year (thank goodness it was next to the Moscone Center).

Last edited: Jun 19, 2009
  12. FuRiOus_StyLZe

FuRiOus_StyLZe Hasbro can suck my nuts..

hell yeah...the philippines has 3 of the biggest malls in the world. Mall of Asia, North Edsa, and Megamall. That Toy Kingdom in Megamall is gigantic...

Maaaaaaaan...I'm missin' me some chickenjoy. Wish we would get jollibee up in the northwest. :( 

13. blackout501st

blackout501st ultimate enforcing hound

gah.. i cant stand jolliebee. i had it one time. it made me throw up. i saw this one poster at one of their restaurants that showed a bowl of icecream that had beans in iT! YUCK!! and the toys dont look like they will win me over enough to go and buy food from there. no offense to jolliebiee. i just dont think their food looks very appetizing. i think ill just stick to burger king.

14. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

somethings wrong if you don't like jollibee. somethings really wrong if you like burger king

15. Galvatron_Sama

Galvatron_Sama Well-Known Member

I wonder if some of the Jollibees in the US will get the toys. Theres quite a few in So Cal.

16. ODarkThirty

ODarkThirty Mechannibal?Survey says..

Want that Starscream, but like the Red Rooster Starscream toy from the first movie, I'll probably never find one for sale. :( 

17. Wars

Wars Regular At Swerve's™

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    From the looks of the pics they`re really just reselling the legends figs from the first movie.

18. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    For what it's worth, I was unable to locate the TF water bottles when I went to the Jollibee in Eagle Rock (Southern CA, east LA) a week or so ago.

19. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    To bad there's no Jollibee near me.

20. gil

gil Godmaster

I actually been to a Jollibee. I can't remember how good it was because the last time I visited the PI was about 13 years ago, but I know what Jollibee is!! I didn't know they were in the US either.

I remember being on an airplane when I was younger, and my mom was telling me something in Filipino from a few seats back. The lady next to me ask what language that was. And when I told her, she said she never heard of the Phillipines. I guess now it would be a little easier to explain. We can always say, "you know, like Manny Pacquiao."

I also remember being in a platoon during training where there was two Filipinos, myself and another guy. I called myself Filipino, and the other guy called himself asian. A lot of guys thought we were different races.

What was worse then that was when a guy asked me how I got my American Citizenship, and I told him I was born in Hawaii and he looked at me with a blank expression.

Oh, and a question to all the other Filipinos here: Did anyone tell you you're not asian and that we're supposed to be classified as Pacific Islanders?