New Item on Wal-Mart Shelf Set Planner

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Insane Galvatron, Aug 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Weirdwolf called me today to tell me that the 6-inch titaniums were spotted at the Wal-Mart just down the street from me. I happily hop my hind end down there to pick me up a Prime and Megatron. I was hoping to see any of the new alts or the deluxe Unicron. Nada on those. While I was looking, I noticed those sheets of paper hanging above the shelf that show how everything is supposed to be set. Aparantly, they are about to reset this Wal-Mart.

My first thought was to see if Classics would be on it. I saw all the size classes for Cybertron, but no classics listed. I kept peeking around and notice that Alternators were still there. I also looked to see if they would be getting the 3-inch Titaniums ( still need an ark ). I saw they had them pictured hanging on pegs just above the 6-inch Tits. This was when my eye noticed something strange. There was a listing for something called Titanium 1/24 Scale It was directly below the Transformers Titanium listing for the 3 and 6 inch figures. What could it be?

Ok, here is what I speculated. The titanium listing was actually between Star Wars and Transformers stuff. TFs had the abreviation TRA and Star Wars had SW in front of the product description. This mystery listing had nothing in front of it. The SW titaniums were just to the left of the TRA tits. So this product could be either one. On these sheets, everything seems to be drawn in scale to some extint. The deluxe pkg was bigger than the scout and smaller than the voyager. The Alt boxes were drawn about the right size too. On the shelf the alt were drawn onto, they were stacked 3 high. We know those are 1/24 scale. The mystery listing was drawn only 2 boxes high on the same shelf. So whatever it is 1/24 scale of, it's bigger than cars. I tried to think of a SW item it could be, but lets face it. Space Ships are huge. A 1/24 scale Tie-Fighter would certainly not fit 2 to a space that holds 3 alts. I think it's for a TF item myself. Could this be what that drawing of the Abrams tank Megatron be about? Might MP Starscream be coming here as part of a larger jet alternators? Would explain why cartoon accuracy has given way to jet accuracy on that mold. Maybe this is something already explained, and I'm just out of the loop? Whatever it is, let the speculation begin.

There was a number over the item listing ( just like every other item listing on the sheet ), but it was way too many digits for me to memorise and I didn't have a pen.

2. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    One of the local Walmarts had their planogram print outs hanging up this morning too. I didn't see the Titanium 1/24 Scale but they had something called Cybertron Unleashed. It was on the same shelf (bottom) as the Alternators and it looked like it had about the same amount of space as the Cybertron Ultras above it. Maybe its for Primus? Who knows..

3. Weirdwolf

Weirdwolf TFYLP Podcast Founder TFW2005 Supporter

DD's baby! DD's!!! :rock  .... :confused2 

4. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    Yeah, the Star Wars larger Titaniums are 1/24 scale, it's very likely those. Also for the "Cybertron Unleashed", that's how many stores list the Primus Unleashed Cybertron toys...

5. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I thought of those larger Star Wars Titaniums, but ruled them out because a 1/24 scale space ship would be huge. They really shouldn't call them 1/24 scale if they aren't.

6. RHansen

RHansen Sir. Ranbotnic Veteran

News Credits:
    it could be the ones of the snowspeeder and stuff, they are about the right size as your describing...

7. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    my walmart has had TFTs for two weeks now, but only the 3" ones, and they don't have their own pegs, they're just mixed in with the SW ones.

8. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Closing.

The 1/24th Titanium is for Star Wars. Sorry if your hopes got up! But with Titanium coming forward full force now with Transformers as well, most stores should probably have Transformers connected to Titanium connected to Star Wars, rather than Titanium hidden in Star Wars.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.