New Ironman Crossovers

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by wreckage, Mar 9, 2011.

1. wreckage

wreckage Sweet biscuits!

News Credits:
    I found new Ironman crossovers figures at my local Zellers tonight. There repaints of the 2-pack Ironman in silver centunion/mark V colors and the car Ironman as War Machine. Also, both figures have glow in the dark paint apps in certain places.

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o163/wreckage02/Collection/Ironman/DSC03466.jpg
    http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o163/wreckage02/Collection/Ironman/DSC03465.jpg
    http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o163/wreckage02/Collection/Ironman/DSC03463.jpg
    http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o163/wreckage02/Collection/Ironman/DSC03462.jpg

• News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. TedimusPrime

TedimusPrime Well-Known Member

wait... THIS MUST BE THE BIGGEST PIECE OF NEWS EVER!!!!!!!!!! So pumped!!!! OMG!!! OMG!!!

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Interesting. If I'm not mistaken, this is the first of these we've ever seen. The glow-in-the-dark bits on the jet one is interesting. Might get the War Machine car to turn into Lockdown. Hopefully this means that the Marvel Crossovers aren't done with yet.

I'm hoping that the Iron Man & War Machine 2-pack still gets released, as the War Machine figure would make a nice starting point for a Classics-verse Bulkhead kitbash. I would love to see the Thor figure repainted in his modern colors. I never did see the original one at retail, and I'm a bit of a Thor fan, lol.

4. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    How many times are they going to repaint these molds...?

5. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    Oh, sweet! MARVEL TFS LIVE!

I hope this means there's still hope for that Iron Man/War Machine combiner to come out...

6. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Give us a war machine version of the hummer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. yuujin-mikeru

yuujin-mikeru What's a Tu-Ran-Su-Fo-Ma?

News Credits:
    I may buy that repaint if they do that but I'm still hoping the Iron Man/War Machine combiner will get released.

8. Matt_M

Matt_M Snarkabot

News Credits:
    Still waiting for that "Thing" redeco of Dozer Hulk.

9. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    I wtf'd myself, things don't usually make it all the way to retail without being seen first.

10. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Actually, I bought the jet just last week. I was wondering if it was really news or not.

A friend who pays less attention to this kind of thing than I do told me about the "War Machine Sports Car Crossover" he saw at Zellers, and I was like "that doesn't exist... you must have seen the SpideyCar", but he insisted it was War Machine.

I pretty much assumed he was just getting stuff mixed up, but when I stopped by that same Zellers later in the week, both of these were there. I was amazed I hadn't heard ANYTHING about these repaints at all! So while this might be the first official sighting, these have been sitting at a Zellers in downtown Montreal for at least 2 weeks! :) 

Anyway, they may be repaints, but they look really nice. The jet with the stripe deco and the star rondelles gives off a sweet retro-soviet vibe, and that car looks classy in black. I can also report that the "glow in the dark" gimmick works well... looks especially great when it's just slightly dark in the room and Iron Man's chest port, eyes and even the repulsor disks in his palms are all glowing softly. :D 

On the down side... the plastic quality on the jet seems like it took a dive. It has a sort of brittle quality to it that the original release didn't... feels almost like a knock-off, to be honest.

zmog

11. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    glow in the dark ? mmmm this could make things intreasting

12. soundwaveprime1

soundwaveprime1 Well-Known Member

a another ironman?
    give me some different characters, and then maybe i will shell out 17$

13. SMOG

All the current Marvel Crossovers are under the Iron Man line, since that's Marvels current star. Maybe we'll see more Thor/Captain America/ Spidey repaints as those movies get closer. :) 

But I hear ya. I only use these for customizing anyway, so the character doesn't matter much to me, but it would be interesting to see them branch out a bit more with the characters, especially villains!

zmog

14. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    Meanwhile. The war machine and Iron Man combiner sits on hiatus.

Toy Fair 2010 - Transformers Marvel Crossovers Transformers

I like silver centurion. But there just are'nt any good marvel Transformers Iron Man toys. None of his really have worked for me. Partially because of the Joints, but also because the kibble messes up Iron Man's sleek proportions every time. War machine can get away with some extra mass if its mecha gribble armor. And molded weapon detailing.

Bring me that bike and APC please. They seem to look as close as can be expected for vehicular renditions of marvel robotic superheros. Then redeco them.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2011
  15. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    Why aren't they releasing the Iron Man/War Machine combiner instead?

16. Stune

Stune Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've recently come into posession of the Iron-Spider Man two pack, and a Hulk Tank Crossover.

I hope this new Packaging means that they'll be releasing Thor and Captain America soon, I'd like to complete the Avengers in Transformer form.

However chintzy the toys may actually be, they're a nice display piece, and really aren't all that bad. At least their size makes up for their engineering shortcomings.

I actually like the Iron Man mold quite a bit. It gives off an Iron Giant vibe.

17. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Can't wait to get Glow-In-The-Dark Flying Wing Iron Man.

18. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Ooooh glow in the dark!

19. Mighty.Maximal

Mighty.Maximal Banned

Now if only they'd make a Armoured Spider-Man Helicopter mould in black & Silver (like the cartoon) and a gold and red version to complement Iron Man that would be neat.

Hopefully they might wake up a bit with this brand when the Avengers Movie comes out - or at least make a few Thor & Captain America ones too.

20. SMOG

I was just thinking that exact same thing about the Spider-Copter today! It would make it a lot easier to repaint into other characters with a nice black base tone. :) 

zmog